Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

The removal of high quality is bad. This will reduce the 6l crafting options, why do you want to make the 6l more rare?
"
CreazyX wrote:
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Real Q: after watching the map corruption thing....

1) Are old map corruptions gone? No more 8-mod rares?
2) Are implicits guaranteed from corruption?
3) How does this effect Vaal Temple, which already has an implicit mod
4) Can you double-corrupt maps for 2 implicits?

So many unanswered questions and implications! I know we will find out almost immediately once the league starts, but what a weird pseudo-reveal....

ye i hate that we dont know what happen to vaal temple us it was me first farming strategy every league ...

They clearly state in the video that the unid vall outcome option is replaced with the new implicit system.
Nerf to Div cards? Thanks for the QoL GGG!
"

They havent called it a QoL change. All videos before were called "Necropolis Quality of Life:" but this one was "Path of Exile: Necropolis -".
Just a change, not a QoL change.
Well, Valdo will solve the problem of those "inexistent" boss limited uniques, don't worry.

Just make sure you customize such type of valdo maps.
"
Miradae wrote:
"

They havent called it a QoL change. All videos before were called "Necropolis Quality of Life:" but this one was "Path of Exile: Necropolis -".
Just a change, not a QoL change.

Cause it's not a quality of life.

But theoretically mirror and mirror shard cards have higher drop rate LMAO.
Ironically, this actually increases the value of stacked decks, because it increases the odds (very slightly) for Doctor and Apothecary cards.

I assume Ziz is literally jumping for joy over this change. He's been begging for it for a while.

Probably an overall good change for the game... but still leaves Stacked Decks as a seriously problematic thing. Which is sad, because they're really fun.
"
Well, Valdo will solve the problem of those "inexistent" boss limited uniques, don't worry.

Just make sure you customize such type of valdo maps.

Not if they make them a rare drop, just how it should be.
Having them drop like candy was a big mistake to begin with and was already a mistake with the void keys during their release league.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 17, 2024, 5:23:03 PM
1. Pantheon. +: I feel that the Pantheon needs a bigger rework. For the moment this QoL improvement is really appreciated, but for the future I would wish a more engaging and complex Pantheon system.

2. Ctrl + Shift + Click items. 0: I feel neutral about this. On the one hand it clearly saves us from getting carpal tunnel problems but on the other hand this change will make the single click less valuable and further increase C to D inflation.

3. Ctrl + Click. 0: Again I feel neutral about this. On the one hand great QoL but it will once again inflate the already inflated quality currency. What's the point of doing this, you could just introduce an Armourer's Scrap that instantly adds 20% quality? Who would keep their items e.g. at 5% quality, whats even the point?

4. Breach Hands open automatically. 0: Again. Removes the value of the click in favour of "QoL". Whats even the point of having breach hands, if you don't need to click them? Why can't the splinters just drop from Monsters instead? Feel really weird about this. Also this indirectly nerfs the caster mastery that automates chests opening.
-> Suggestion: Just as a side-remark. I would gladly appreciate some kind of rework for chests and unique strongboxes. Occasionally random chests can drop big stuff, but it's all about quantity (how many chests you can open/hour). Is it not possible to make chests more interesting and interactive (perhaps a strongbox rework?). Unique strongboxes are the most outdated. Literally none of them drops anything good.

5. Veiled Orbs. 0: If you actually removed the old veiled orbs, then gg. You accomplished another step of Chris' vision of poe ruthless to become the new normal poe. Crafting will be way more random without the veiled orbs. Back to exalt slamming "6% increased Stun and Block Recovery" on my boots, hurray. I like however that you itemise Aisling.

6. Flasks can be corrupted. ---: You introduce a lot of QoL this league to save our poor carpal tunnels, but only to damage them in another way: Alt spamming to get 20 identical copies of the same flasks to corrupt them all to get a 30% quality flask. Why? Why would you do that? There is not even a lot of excitement to corrupt a flask in this way, it's just pain. If you do allow people to corrupt their flasks, at least give us some interesting implicits.
-> Suggestion: Just itemise Hillock. I guess you reworked Syndicate somehow. Add it as a reward somewhere. Come up with interesint implicits next league for flasks and then we can talk again about corrupting them.

7. Masters can appear in the same map. --: Oh no, please. Oh my holy exile. Why would you do that to us? The masters are generally not rewarding enough if one didnt spec into them. On the atlas tree specing in more than one Master is not profitable. If more than one master can proc in the map that probably means that they will take away space for more rewarding mechanics to proc. I am only speculating here, but in general the masters are unrewarding comapred to all the other atlas mechanics. I advise heavily against this, and instead recommend you to also itemise Master missions. That would make a lot more sense to me.
-> Suggestion: I recommend to rework the whole Master mission system. It is currently not asked by anybody to have all of them in one map. One interesting mechanic that you played around with the atlas memorys is for instance mixing the masters with atlas mechanics. Would be interesting to be able to have some kind of passives on the atlas tree that allow you to juice up your masters (i.e.: turn all beasts into essences).

8. Horticrafting Station now displays infos on the crafted item. +: Why this was not part of the game before?

9. Vaal implicits for maps. -: Ok. This sounds interesting and might be cool and such. But mods like "not apply soul gain prevention" mod are very one dimensional. If you hit it and you don't play a vaal skill (yes GGG, many players simply don't interact with vaal skills), you are supposed to sell it, or what? "+ quant", "+ pack size" all great, but again, very one-dimensional. This is what you want to hit. "Map crafting options are for free" = useless. These maps players will delete after week 1 of the league. It seems to me that you have good ideas here and there, but you don't spend enough time to figure out interesting implicits for the items.
-> Suggestion: An interesting implicit might be: "Convert all chests in the map to strongboxes" or "Rogue exiles are converted to Harbingers" (would be the first useful and actually rewarding rogue exile-mod to exist). By the way, if we are at it: Let us please, please, SCOUR UNIDENTIFIED MAPS! This seems perhaps confusing to you, but this would be huge quality!

10. Stacked decks and strongboxes nerf. -: That is another step towards ruthless. With this you are indirectly deflating unique prices and making the average exile less wealthy since the value of stacked decks will decrease. On the other hand boss farming might become a little bit more rewarding than before but those builds that efficiently farm ubers have never been showcased on build of the week, and for good reasons. They are very 1 dimensional, just deal a huge amount of damage and insta-phase every boss. That's all they are capable of. Is that the type of build you want to play us?
-> Suggestion: I can understand the reasoning behind this step. I do however suggest that you at least give us then other ways of receiving boss invitations. For instance give us a divination card (that can drop from boxes or decks) that gives us a invitation.

11. Automation, Call to Arms and removal of left click. --: Call to arms is needed for melee as melee has been not a 2, not a 3, no a 5 button piano playstyle, only to achieve mediocre dps and needing to dodge much more than any other playstyles. However it is far from enough to make melee good again. Automation is something nobody asked for and is useless. Standing stationary is something you just don't want to do in poe. Also it removes the point of actually having to click buttons to get a buff. With the removal of left click you create a problem and give an instant and boring solution. All in all this is not quality of life, but just a nerf.
-> Suggestion: I'd play around with space bar. A button that has a lot of potential. Give us the option to use it for some fancy channeling while stationary something. I really don't understand why there is not some possibility to bind a lot of utility (like warcries or totems) to a single button. That would be may wore QoL and could potentially fix melee.

12. Fragments, Maven's invitation. +: This is such a small QoL that I am really surprised you tease us with this. Are you doing this on purpose to keep our expectations as low as possible that you can impossibly disappoint us? It is appreciated but I really don't like rolling something in the inventory of one of the Masters. I really dislike it. There must be another way.
-> Suggestion: Create an alternate way to juice up Invitation (some kind of lvl system could be nice, e.g. the more you do the more juice you are allowed to add, possibly even making regular invitations worth while farming).

Looking forward to the new league. Still hoping for boat league one day.
"The Hate continued exactly as before, except that the target had been changed." ~ Orwell, 1984
Last edited by Proxava on Mar 20, 2024, 3:11:29 PM
Bye SSF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info