Account Moderation Changes

Surely this won't be abused Clueless
This...is a really bad idea. People are going to abuse this so much to get others banned. Wtf were you thinking? Your system to detect this stuff is ass.
"
mahfightmoney wrote:
"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
Can't wait to bait people into calling me an idiot and then reporting them, because that is enough to constitute a mute with the current system. New minigame unlocked, thanks!

Thats fucked up, I like you!

I like you random dude! But don't use that word anymore or you'll get in trouble!
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
whyle you at it. add setting that we could trade to only own region players. i really dont like to join to australian realm to trade with user. 3 fakin minutes waiting to load. wtf ggg
fk archnemesis.
Will The moderators be instructed to spot troll reports or nonsensical reports? This is abused often and people are getting reported for mundane stuff and getting muted for it.
This has to be the worst change I've seen done to this game.

Forced SSF for calling someone a mean name. The current mute system is so overly sensitive this change will have a very bad impact on the players. Please revert it while its still fresh.

This will only drive more traffic to 3rd party trade sites, maybe TFT didn't lose after all...
Last edited by Carno836 on Feb 7, 2024, 3:55:04 AM
"
LVC1FR wrote:

(...)
I was muted for correcting someone's use of the word 'murder' in regard to animals.

Bear in mind, there's a unique map in PoE where you don't even get loot, it's just experience, and it's just animals. You're literally going to a place called "Untainted Paradise" to kill as many animals as possible, just for the experience of it all, but you can't say that in chat?

This was the only time I was ever muted in about 4 years of playing PoE.

The next day I was muted for warning people who were talking about murder in chat again that I was muted the day before. I was muted again, for warning people.

And now it's going to take me off trade? Keep me from whispering people? This seems like an overblown reaction to a non-problem, and one that people can take advantage of to troll people that they do not like. The only real solution is to not use global chat at all, which kills a meaningful aspect of this game.

Someone change my mind.

Yeah, and it's in a game where you actually play as a murder hobo, both in the game's "main reality" (ever killed the non-combatant NPCs in Oriath?) as well as in the Atlas, Lol.

I haven't interacted with any mutes ever in this game so I have no idea about how this flows but if it's like you and others say where it's very easy to get it without actually deserving it then obviously it's a very flawed system.

It either requires a lot more diligent case review, without relying blindly on automation, or loosening the punishment.
thats.. the dumbest change i've seen in a long time. holy fuck.

at least i stopped using the chat years ago, when i got a short mute for something absolute trivial, because your system (or moderators) are not working very well.

and honestly: as if RMT spambots care. this change will only make them swap accounts earlier (if they suspect being muted) instead right after a ban....
Last edited by unleashed666 on Feb 7, 2024, 3:48:05 AM
I have personally been muted several times for complete nonsense.

One time I even replied to the chat mod very angrily, and I think they understood that they f'd up, so it was removed 2 minutes afterwards.

GGG, your chat mods need to be better. And I guess along with that, also your rules.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info