Account Moderation Changes

"
Khidar wrote:
Weakest bit of cowardice, just like actions taken against some people of note here lately. When you go this far down the Riot Games idiocy path... its cheap excuses for money, thin-skinned sensitivities, and/or both.

To quote Optimus - I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

LE and new offerings in the genre... why hello there.

And don't forget that even IF one is banned and muted in LE, it doesn't matter as much, because CoF still keeps the game playable.

Too bad it has come to this situation. 😢
Therefore, with this news, this league is my last in this game, I won’t donate anymore because I’m banned for a couple of years, and I won’t play like a beggar! (I like to discuss politics in the chat, because everywhere in the WORLD there is freedom of SPEECH)GGG - please accept my wishes for the second part of the game to fail. Thanks for the news.
So this is what my mtx money goes to. No wonder server stability is crap
I just got a 2000h mute earlier today for trying to stop people in global from going ape in their conversation. [Removed by Support]

I swear these opaque mute guidelines will be the death of the game, when anything you say in global is offensive to the mods.
Last edited by Tai_GGG on Feb 9, 2024, 11:01:22 AM
You got it, the price to try to keep global nice is your ability to trade.

Anyway I really need to find a grindy game managed be people with above 0 iq.
Why am I still here
Last edited by Warvald on Feb 9, 2024, 8:49:13 PM
GGG is the same as it has always been.
Step 1:
Add a screw-up and do so in a way that it blows out of proportion.
Step 2:
React to it.
Step 3:
Re-add or modify what was done, so that it is more moderate and/or better when compared to the original action.

It is like their playbook, even back in Beta.
After so many years everybody should be used to this.
Have a little more faith guys.
Almost everything GGG has done has always been to fall and then climb back up slightly higher.
It WILL be a screw up, but then they will turn around and remove bad moderators and make the punishments either more moderate or more thorough.

They are Grinders. haha. This kind of approach has always been their style.
I am glad to see there is some 'growing pains' happening with chat and trade. It means that it is finally going to get some attention. (Even if it is a painful process as always.)

To GGG: DO MORE! Haha
Universal Law - Balance
So they will end up removing older mute?

Or maybe the trade thing is going to be removed?

And there will finally be a max duration mute?

Because as long as one or two of those thing aren't done it doesn't matter what they do its shit.

Some people are getting fucked because they can't see the future.

Thats assuming they can have close to 0% false mute which anyone who ever managed a community is going to agree

You never get that.
Why am I still here
Last edited by Warvald on Feb 9, 2024, 10:02:15 PM
Absolutely ridiculous.
"
darklord22 wrote:
Will this affect people with existing mutes? I know someone that’s like 300 or something days into a 900 day mute for getting into an argument with a poe moderator but who hasn’t done anything since. Getting banned from all trade for 600 days seems a little harsh.

I totally agree with the previous Poster, the punishment is disproportionately mean, even though everyone knows that the admin circle also judges subjectively, not infrequently unfairly. With this POE will lose more valuable players who spend money on the game, not just play it. Ergo, the POE makes a living from them.
Furthermore, I am sure that the reputation of the game will not be further promoted, but that is trivial.
"
pleasejason wrote:
I'm currently serving a 10k hour chat ban.

the fact that the ban counter never resets is asinine. the duration of every new ban is double that of the previous and over the course of 10+ years playing, one slightly offensive comment gets me banned for thousands of hours.

GGG figure your shit out.

I agree with you, the punishment is disproportionate and despicable, it points out that there is no justice, as it is handed out at the push of a button by people who don't know what they are doing and do it in a highly subjective way, hiding behind their employers. They are 'always right', even if they are not and no one will hold them to account. And the funny thing is that they probably get paid for it. It's not a bit ridiculous. It puts them in a very good light.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info