Account Moderation Changes

"
navigator4223 wrote:
Honestly, with the combination of:

* Arbitrary, non-disclosed and intransparent moderation rules
* Forced SSF (in a game balanced around trade!) for the latter
* Exponentially escalating ban + mute + forced SSF duration

I wouldn't have put a single Euro into this game. Using chat seems to be something like a game of chance "will I be able to play still after saying something harmless now or not", as if one walks through a minefield.

Never thought I'd say this but with the evidence on reddit and the examples brought up here... just wow.

Scary stuff.

I regret buying the supporter packs now.

And no, I was never muted, banned or blocked. But I despise minefields and arbitrariness.

Learning for me: always do my due diligence on actual behaviour of the company / moderation first before spending money, not only looking at the game itself, but also the risk caused by the game "governance". Will look @ reddit next time before I go for another game about how the company behaves towards their paying customers.

Wasn't a cheap lesson, though.

I totally agree with your point.
Not on board with the hysteria or hand wringing that seems kinda over dramatic (and always seems that way on the internet) but...

BUT:

ZiggyD has been chat muted at least twice, and one of them was for multiple days.

yes that's right Ziggy Effin' D
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
I guess this is how you promote SSF Ruthless?

Have you upped the number of moderators that will make sure this system will not get abused? :)

Cracking down on RMT, sure. Everything else seems kind of out of nowhere.
"
Vichtorious wrote:
"
pleasejason wrote:
I'm currently serving a 10k hour chat ban.

the fact that the ban counter never resets is asinine. the duration of every new ban is double that of the previous and over the course of 10+ years playing, one slightly offensive comment gets me banned for thousands of hours.

GGG figure your shit out.

I agree with you, the punishment is disproportionate and despicable, it points out that there is no justice, as it is handed out at the push of a button by people who don't know what they are doing and do it in a highly subjective way, hiding behind their employers. They are 'always right', even if they are not and no one will hold them to account. And the funny thing is that they probably get paid for it. It's not a bit ridiculous. It puts them in a very good light.

Damn yeah, they are always right and you can't say anything in your defence, they are just don't care.
When i tries to appeal my mute, they are referred to Code of Conduct, but they can't referred on exact rule i broke.
And another thing, they didn't translated this post to Russian (but translated any other) and i want to know reasons. They takes our money, support Russian player base, but hide this patch from players, who didn't know English. This is ridiculous.
Not being shown as online via trading site if you've got mute? o_0

The f*ck this heresy is? Not being able to talk OK I got it.

But not being able to to trade, your game can get literally ruined...

GGG, WHAAAAAAAT?

Apparently, public chats will be closed 4ever now. GJ GGG. This won't backfire, truly not.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Feb 13, 2024, 2:59:30 AM
Nice.
I can't wait to mass report people I don't like in G1 (and my pesky trade competition) and have them trade banned for one or more leagues!!

Thanks GGG!
Oh no; i've been muted for some pretty dumb reasons in the past. [Removed by Support] This basically kills your account. Like you're done in trade anyway. It's like a ban.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 13, 2024, 7:10:35 PM
"
QuaQaq wrote:
"
Vichtorious wrote:
"
pleasejason wrote:
I'm currently serving a 10k hour chat ban.

the fact that the ban counter never resets is asinine. the duration of every new ban is double that of the previous and over the course of 10+ years playing, one slightly offensive comment gets me banned for thousands of hours.

GGG figure your shit out.

I had a roommate back in 2014 post something into chat; got me muted for the first time. I mean it was pretty offensive. Toucans and many stupid things later my next mute is two years. I talked to Bex about it once; about old mutes falling off from five ten years ago and I got the standard we'll forward it to the devs response as always Bex was best tho. I'm pretty unhappy about this for some reason; as i've seen chat used as a weapon before. I like posting in 6666 some experienced players hang out there. I'm gonna do something else for awhile. I guess find it really offensive someone get's to judge and jury based on their own interpretation. Beta player; see ya.
So what prompted this change?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info