Account Moderation Changes

Can we just disable ALL yellow text once and for all?? i don't care who is "first first first" on the toilet. i don't.
"
Quelex wrote:
I disagree with all these people who are mad about the trade restrictions. It adds a reason to not be a jerk on chat or be abusive to people. If you aren't following the ToS, then you shouldn't expect to be free from consequences. People who feel they were wrongfully punished should screen shot their interactions and send them to support in an appeal.

There's a lot of toxic people out there who want to argue in bad faith about moderation and simply want the freedom to be rude to people but not have them be rude back.

Your point falls apart when you get auto muted for saying 69, 420 or 666 or muted if enough people report you.

The auto muting system is very flawed and open to abuse and being trade banned because of that is crazy.
Finally a change I can stand behind tall and proud.
This is a really bad idea.
More reasons not to play trade.
This is an absurdly bad idea. A better way would be supportive of good behaviour instead of harsh ban "bad?" ones. you realize that would mean less REAL people on trade site and also less interaction on global.

You can have have a system like a few competitive games do like karma or cheers. its shows on you profile. dosent affect gameplay at all. that would be better.
I worry about wrongful bans. I've had a ban before because the moderator misread what I typed and it wasn't overturned by support until several days after the ban expired.

Given the screenshots of reasons people get muted on other sites like reddit, I don't think I'll ever chat again. Bans are handed out arbitrarily, not for rule breaking.
Last edited by Caridor on Feb 7, 2024, 4:02:42 PM
What a world we created, deadly afraid of saying anything out of fear of exclusion and punisment.
Our ancestors were afraid of natural dissasters and wild animals, we are deadly afraid of words, so much so we aplaud stricter and stricter moderation to protect our precious feelings, that and malicious silencing of ppl you don't agree with on certain points shall we say.
We should be embarrassed.
i rather have a 100 edgelords say stupid shit in chat then this sanitised world, were everyone is fake polite out of fear.

And yes not to mention the really poor existing moderation, and ofc the false flagging and report abusing this will lead to.
[Removed by Support]

It's really not ok to be a certain something anymore it seems.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
iParadoxG wrote:
"
iolanthe wrote:
Dear GGG, does this mean that accounts muted on account of posting LE TOUCAN will also suffer the same degree of punishment?

BTW whats the story behind toucan? why is that getting bans/mutes?

People started posting it in chat, it became a meme, and got to the point people were posting it so frequently at times it effectively DDOSED chat for anyone trying to do anything other than posting toucans or praising them.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
thanks ggg, I no longer have a set number of leagues that are good in a row before buying packs. I'm just never buying anything again so long as this decision is in.

managment here clearly does not know how to think through edge cases, nor has anyone that may have voiced obvious abuse concerns around this lovely system been listened to.

How long will it be until some popular streamer gets removed from the game for 3+ days and support takes 12+ hours to get back because they're asleep because you have report thresholds enabled? There is zero chance you don't have automation in place there's too many players and too few jannies for chat.

In any case thanks for the drama, the tears and shit storm will be delicious lmao
Last edited by IRSmoh on Feb 7, 2024, 4:47:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info