Affliction Balance Changes & Valdo's Puzzle Box Soon

"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Did you guys fix the problem where Wisp empowered Beasts during mapping or levelling when being captured, can retain the wisps empowerment into the menagerie??

This probably isn't a bug.

For example, if you capture a ghosted Beast, it retains the ghost in the menagerie as well.

THIS! This has always been a thing where whatever the Beast is effected by will stick with it when it's captured. That's why you have to be careful sometimes when buying beasts because they can be ghosted with multiple ghosts and rock that ass and by the time you realize it it's already too late. lol
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I lost 15 divines due to a random crash in Heist (Simplex Amulet). This is VERY off-putting as early on this is a hell of a lot of currency to improve the build. Thanks GGG devs for not testing your game and learning from the past experience or not listening to feedback from the testers.
Valdo's ingenious designs, you say?
"
Reinhart wrote:
Overtuning the mobs have been going on from Synthesis. This time it is on another level. The mechanic is playable in the campaign, so should in theory be engaged with characters having subpar gear. I restarted with an absolute powerhouse (a supreme meta build) for the very first time and yes then it is doable. But for a game touting build diversity, it is not the wisest to balance the entire game around the most powerful builds. It makes it so people are forced to play the meta. If a new player tries to make his first thematic build, he will surely suffer.

+1 the game is balanced around the 0.1% doing the same supreme meta builds.

do an off-meta and get rekt. I don't even know if they playtest the game as players were discovering that EA and PConc were NOT working on launch.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Affliction is fun, but blue wisps barely visible and GGG you need to do some thing with minimap, it's completely useless in Wildwood.

And of course monsters are overtuned, but it's every time like that...
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
I'm really looking forward to the predictable surprise and anger when the more helpful members of the community have their well-geared characters sent to void league because they try to help someone with a map not realizing they're trying to help a troll and the map is this new pay-to-grief bullshit.

EDIT: Apparently the void-on-death maps have a warning modal pop up before you enter the map, which explains the perma-death nature of the modifier on the map and allows you to cancel out of entering. While I'm still not a fan of that map modifier, my main objections to it (that people could miss/misread the modifier on the map item, or that people could be tricked into unknowingly entering maps with that modifier) are adequately addressed by the warning modal.
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Last edited by AxiomOfAnarchy on Dec 17, 2023, 2:12:11 AM
"
cacmeister wrote:
Affliction is not bad at all.

The issue is players juicing content before their build/gear is ready to do the content.

Same complaints the first weekend every league. Especially after finishing ToTA with massive power just a week ago.

It’s tough going back to square one.

This.

And also the fact that the current generation is generation of whiners.
"
Beglets wrote:
"
cacmeister wrote:
Affliction is not bad at all.

The issue is players juicing content before their build/gear is ready to do the content.

Same complaints the first weekend every league. Especially after finishing ToTA with massive power just a week ago.

It’s tough going back to square one.

This.

And also the fact that the current generation is generation of whiners.

TIL campaign areas and white maps with one or two non-rippy mods = juiced content
Fairgraves was a slave trafficker specialized in the kidnapping and transport of children. He was not "a good man".
Beside the core packs will we have league supporter packs?
"
Vaqic wrote:
"
cacmeister wrote:
The wisps collected juice up mobs in the zone after you leave the wildwood like sentinels did.

So one can empower rares and unique mobs which make them hit harder and live longer.

Bosses can get particularly rough if one doesn’t have the gear to burn them down.

Wake up and take a red candy.
This is the first league where GGG screwed up even in the campaign.
I have never died so much in any of the previous leagues, and the rewards are WHITE and BLUE things. Why does Ruthless exist if they give us something like this?

It's so cute that you think that.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info