Affliction Balance Changes & Valdo's Puzzle Box Soon

So even after the patch, the wisp monsters are basically unkillable tanks in areas 10 levels lower than the maps currently being played.

How has that ridiculous level of enemy balancing not been addressed yet?

Right now the league mechanic feels awful, exactly like when AN monsters were put into to the game in their completely broken and unkillable original state.

Why are mistakes like this happening every single league and not being learned from ?

The dev team had weeks worth of additional time to test and balance this stuff. What the heck were they doing instead during that time ?
GGG nowadays can't in enjoyable balance.
Few years ago it was easy game (after u learn suf/prefix and which of them boosting your dgm/def)
Now its 3d game for POB with unfair fights and rewards for them.
Kinda sad.
P.s. A relaxed campaign in most previous leagues took me 10-11 hours, but in this one it took TWENTY! (Yes, I do league at each location because its 1/3 of new content and im here for it)
Thanks to the softcore and the ability to update the location if the boss of the map was touched by more than 1 firefly, otherwise I would have to wait for a “patch with a delayed balance.”
Affliction is not bad at all.

The issue is players juicing content before their build/gear is ready to do the content.

Same complaints the first weekend every league. Especially after finishing ToTA with massive power just a week ago.

It’s tough going back to square one.
"
cacmeister wrote:
Affliction is not bad at all.

The issue is players juicing content before their build/gear is ready to do the content.

Same complaints the first weekend every league. Especially after finishing ToTA with massive power just a week ago.

It’s tough going back to square one.

How do you juice acts?...
The wisps collected juice up mobs in the zone after you leave the wildwood like sentinels did.

So one can empower rares and unique mobs which make them hit harder and live longer.

Bosses can get particularly rough if one doesn’t have the gear to burn them down.
Last edited by cacmeister on Dec 9, 2023, 10:08:55 PM
"
cacmeister wrote:
The wisps collected juice up mobs in the zone after you leave the wildwood like sentinels did.

So one can empower rares and unique mobs which make them hit harder and live longer.

Bosses can get particularly rough if one doesn’t have the gear to burn them down.

Wake up and take a red candy.
This is the first league where GGG screwed up even in the campaign.
I have never died so much in any of the previous leagues, and the rewards are WHITE and BLUE things. Why does Ruthless exist if they give us something like this?
"
cacmeister wrote:

basically your answer is dont do the mechanic at all. There wasnt a single other mechanic like that where you couldnt start doing it right away and it was scalred appropriately for the level (except delirium, which was completely reworked and you are encouraged to end it early)

when people say juiced, they usually mean additional difficulty outside of just the base league mechanic. The fact that a white/blue mob was stronger than the act bosses both in damage and in health in act 9 and dropped a fraction of the items of something that difficult, thats an issue.

if you are doing a tier 1 map, you league mechanic shouldnt make your map impossible at random depending on what mobs were empowered.

It's simply overtuned and thats that.
Overtuning the mobs have been going on from Synthesis. This time it is on another level. The mechanic is playable in the campaign, so should in theory be engaged with characters having subpar gear. I restarted with an absolute powerhouse (a supreme meta build) for the very first time and yes then it is doable. But for a game touting build diversity, it is not the wisest to balance the entire game around the most powerful builds. It makes it so people are forced to play the meta. If a new player tries to make his first thematic build, he will surely suffer.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
still not doing it until I have 100m dps
Niceee

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info