Content Update 3.23.0 -- Path of Exile: Affliction

"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
3XE wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Anomalous, Divergent and Phantasmal Quality Gems have been removed from the game. Existing alternate Quality Gems now have the base Quality effect found on the respective Gem."

Awful decision. Could have just kept the alt gems, lab enchants, etc. and then add the new gems you spoke of

Why remove Metamorph?

Removing Perandus was a mistake

Removing Prophecy and Metamoprh especially were mistakes.

Prophecy allowed you to modify your maps in a somewhat deterministic way. Frogs, rats, tempests.

Perandus gave you a chance to get a unique deterministically.

Metamorph gave you more challenging mobs that you can get in a map and gave you an extra boss you can fight on top of another boss you can fight later with combining the pieces.

Removing alt gems from Heist makes no sense either. Like, why? Legitimately, why? They can't keep it on top of adding new content?

There is no reason to remove previous content considering the engine CAN handle it and the devs stated multiple times that it can. Runescape for instance has content that is still in the game that was released back in 1998.

The whole "league popularity" argument makes no sense either and sounds like another easy cop-out reason to remove content.

Like I legitimately don't understand these decisions. It's not content bloat, this is just an easy cop-out way for you to remove more content that your team would have to keep track of in upcoming updates.

It's not up to you to understand their decisions.
It's their game, they have the data, they know what the engine can or cannot do, and only they know what kind of vision they have for the game.

If you honestly cannot find anything exiting in the Affliction league, then I guess this game is no longer for you.

Time to move on perhaps?

This is your take? So when everyone else who play the game are also scratching their heads and are confused as to why they are getting rid of genuine good game systems, are all of these people also delusional and can't question anything? If your claim is that people who play their game should have no say or opinion, why should they have this game public in the first place? Close the game and have the game only available for Chris, Jonathan, and the others on the dev team if this is your outlook.

By the way, in games like Runescape, there's players polls every month where players who actually fund and give money to the developers, have choices as to whether something gets implemented or removed from the game. Instead, on this platform, we get polls as to which MTX looks best for them to put out so that they can profit most from people who find it most aesthetic. Let that sink in.

Also, I don’t play leagues. I view that as something reserved for beta testers & masochists. If I was forced to start over with a new league every 6 months, I would’ve quit the game a long time ago. I play Standard where there’s decent gear left to play with. For now at least until they decide to remove player power from Standard players too.

I don't see "everyone else" scratching their heads. I only see a very small minority of people, who clearly do not understand the game, that are acting like their entire world just collapsed.

I didn't read the rest purely because it's just a pointless word salad.

There is plenty of people who play this game (including me) who understand why GGG is doing these changes, and that in the future it will enable them to create even more interesting systems. They clearly said so in the presentation, all you had to do is listen.

But then again if you listen and refuse to understand then it will change nothing.

So yeah, maybe it's time to play a different game? It seems like the game you mentioned, Runescape, is more up your alley anyway.
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
"
GregoryAdams wrote:
"
3XE wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
Righteous Fire "No longer Deals 39-2447.9 base Fire Damage per Second. Now deals 70% of your Maximum Life and Energy Shield as Base Fire Damage per second (both previously 35%)."

Lmao so you get back that dmg with 12k life or shield which is kinda ok, but if you played RF you know that RF dealt dmg because you had lvl 27 skill gem, with which RF dealt 7167.2 base dmg hahaha
I expected nerf and was ready for it, even big one but this is like insane nerf :) You now effectively lost like80% dmg.
Anyone know how we could replace this to have decent clear speed now, is flame dash now viable to replace with something i highly doubt it but maybe?

Not idea if you are trolling?

70% of 12.000 is 8400.

With 5k Life you get 3500 fire damage, so that's around 21% more damage than before. (2447)

Time to get back to elementary school to learn basic math?

Uff, maybe you should review your own math. The base damage of RF wasn't just 2447.9. It was 2447.9 PLUS 35% of (Max HP + Max ES).
So now, you break even when 35% of your (Max HP + Max ES) equals 2447.9, which happens when your (Max HP + Max ES) equals 6994.
This, of course, only assumes a max. level 20 gem. Most people aimed beyond that.

The OP didn't mention a word about how much life he included in his calculation. So my correction of his math isn't wrong.

And even if we take into consideration that he was talking about 5k life with old gem, and claimed that with new gem you gonna need 12k life he still did not post correct numbers.

So yeah, I don't need to review anything.
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
LOGIN
bring back fakner build mathil
"
Not idea if you are trolling?

70% of 12.000 is 8400.

With 5k Life you get 3500 fire damage, so that's around 21% more damage than before. (2447)

Time to get back to elementary school to learn basic math?

"
Uff, maybe you should review your own math. The base damage of RF wasn't just 2447.9. It was 2447.9 PLUS 35% of (Max HP + Max ES).
So now, you break even when 35% of your (Max HP + Max ES) equals 2447.9, which happens when your (Max HP + Max ES) equals 6994.
This, of course, only assumes a max. level 20 gem. Most people aimed beyond that.

"
The OP didn't mention a word about how much life he included in his calculation. So my correction of his math isn't wrong.

And even if we take into consideration that he was talking about 5k life with old gem, and claimed that with new gem you gonna need 12k life he still did not post correct numbers.

So yeah, I don't need to review anything.

Again there is a difference in 70% vs 35%. At least you could make valid answer lol You can't even comprehend that skill was nerfed and say it got buffed while posting wrong numbers and when its clear as a day that it got mega nerfed. You are kind of a man who is always "right" even if he is totally wrong and making stupid answers. No point in arguing with someone like that who can't even comprehend basic things. Just a waste of time, whatever.
More stronger and less white pollution screen mobs = heathier game experience.
Last edited by TizeNO on Dec 2, 2023, 6:33:39 PM
ok
DD, Bonezone still the HC meta :*(
pog
POG!
I thought for sure no way Ice Crash was gonna get slapped somehow and there goes my heatshiver lol
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info