Content Update 3.22.0 -- Path of Exile: Trial of the Ancestors

Pretty happy with the nerfs. Figured cascade would get the axe, always figured 5 ways would get reduced eventually. Glad they didn't nerf another 10 things.

Wish we would have got 10 skill buffs. Feels like that would have been easy but not upset about it. The new league mechanics and tattoos will make new builds rise to the top once they are found.

Looking forward to the league!
I am just sad.

Chris: "Ruthless will take no dev time"
Looks at patch notes... okay, this seems like it took a fair amount of time. Any explanation as to why it's getting more dev time then the regular game? Have I missed something?
"
hmcg020 wrote:
Everyone,

Chill. This is not the patch notes, it's just the Content Update.

The patch notes will come separately and then if nothing's changed you can freak out.

Regards

Why get our hopes up? do you enjoy being evil?
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:
"
Chieftain: No longer provides "40% increased Fire Damage", "Regenerate 2% of Life per second", or "1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life." It now provides "Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 2 seconds when Summoned"

"
The "Totems Taunt Enemies around them for 1 second when Summoned" Totem Mastery has been replaced with "1% of Physical Attack Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life."

So, net effect is the Holy Flame Totem Ascendant very specifically gets a dagger in the survivability. I've never seen this cited as an overpowered build (and it's certainly only performed "well enough" for me this league); why single it out like this?

Will have to go SCion. but loose 1/4 of the damage. Chiefman for taunt and Hierophant for totem damage. Seems that way anyways

Last edited by Kaotic-Ouch on Aug 10, 2023, 8:06:19 PM
"
Reverger wrote:
I am just sad.

Chris: "Ruthless will take no dev time"
Looks at patch notes... okay, this seems like it took a fair amount of time. Any explanation as to why it's getting more dev time then the regular game? Have I missed something?

They care about their new toys.

Poe 1 is just used to get the money to create 2 and ruthless is the testing ground.

Im sure the update will be great after poe 2 release though
/s
Why am I still here
Bleed Gang Rise Up!
Hope Mathil doesn't read this.

Spoiler
Last edited by Durnz on Aug 10, 2023, 8:10:58 PM
Normally I don't comment here, but I thought I needed to. Two things:

1. Bit of a disappointment really. It feels like we have waited so long for an exciting new league to play, with new skills or perhaps rebalances on old skills, and there are no updates to skill balance at all. We get a few new support gems, but to be honest they all seem kind of niche and situational. There wasn't one that I thought I would actually use this league.

2. Please get rid of cycling buffs. Nobody wants this. Nobody has ever wanted it. It feels bad to play.
Big sad time
bit of a small patch, but that was to be expected.
4 weeks of solid fun inc :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info