ExileCon 2023 Announcements

I am not surprised it is a separate game. Once they starting digging into all the new things that they wanted to do and realized what is was going to take to retrofit the existing game and campaign into it the cost was just going to be too high.

The game look cool but with a June 7 closed Beta it is going to a long while to GA. Unless you are willing to buy your way into the open beta it is a 2025 launch.
Can I just play POE 1 after POE 2 is released? Would it be 2 different game clients? I don't like very slow and hardcore POE 2 gameplay.
Last edited by Murmuüre on Jul 28, 2023, 11:19:27 PM
This is how you do this. Good stuff.
so excited
Will there be any support for disabled persons that can only use 1 hand?
I can't wait for PoE 2 after seeing some of the changes that have been revealed and showcased.

My only concern is that, while I do understand not wanting to deny PoE 1 fans of their particular cup of tea, I'm not sure if splitting the community between essentially two different games is a great idea, seeing as how there's already so many distinct and separate modes already. Unless I'm misinterpreting something and there won't be much of a disconnect between PoE 1 and PoE 2 communities?

Only downer is it's another whole year until even closed beta D: But it looks really good so far, and I'm eager to see more as it continues being developed.
So if POE2 builds can now rely on more than one main skill to deal damage, will GGG bring back Archnemesis in its original brutal form thinking that we will have more options to cope with AN mobs?
Lets go!
ExileCon 2023 is one of the best ive seen!

Cant wait <3
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
The beginning of the first Exilecon stated it would be one game with two campaigns.

GGG mentioned that the player could choose to play PoE 2 or PoE 1, and then meet up at maps to play together again.

PoE 2 upgrades (Example: gem socket system) would be merged into PoE 1 as they have been doing on similar upgrades.

The feeling before Exilecon started was this recent patch was more or less necessary as PoE 2 was around the corner.

Why push for the new PoE 2 engine if the games are not merging?

There was good excitement today for both PoE 2 and 1.

I have mixed feelings at the moment.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
Last edited by Snapfire on Jul 29, 2023, 1:25:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info