Crucible Challenge Rewards

"
lenz wrote:
sad...

I was hoping for exclusive rewards on ruthless.

Me too... =((((
"
Beglets wrote:
"
Xzorn wrote:
Giving out an Armor set is very polarizing.

Some players already have 50+ sets. Players tend to appraise armor sets on how well they mix and match. If the player doesn't like the armor set then the Challenges hold no meaning.

Previous Challenges you get a weapon effect, footprints and the rarest of them all helm attachments or weapon skins. These can appeal to a wider audience because each has it's own potential.

Armor and Back attachments are by far the most saturated MTX types so yea, a lot of players are going to look at this and go "Well, I'm never gunna wear that" and dismiss Challenges entirely.

Doing so means the league has to incredibly good or there's little reason to play past 2 weeks.

Lol I remember non-stop collective whining not long ago that GGG doesn't give armour sets as challenge rewards.

Now people whine that it IS armour set.

Geez...

Agreed. Kinda funny to see all the whiners but as for me, I do the challenges for the sake of being able to do them fast enough, just sets a personal goal. Their prettiness is just a bonus, and personally I think there are quite more people out there who feel the same.
"
Beglets wrote:
"
Xzorn wrote:
Giving out an Armor set is very polarizing.

Some players already have 50+ sets. Players tend to appraise armor sets on how well they mix and match. If the player doesn't like the armor set then the Challenges hold no meaning.

Previous Challenges you get a weapon effect, footprints and the rarest of them all helm attachments or weapon skins. These can appeal to a wider audience because each has it's own potential.

Armor and Back attachments are by far the most saturated MTX types so yea, a lot of players are going to look at this and go "Well, I'm never gunna wear that" and dismiss Challenges entirely.

Doing so means the league has to incredibly good or there's little reason to play past 2 weeks.

Lol I remember non-stop collective whining not long ago that GGG doesn't give armour sets as challenge rewards.

Now people whine that it IS armour set.

Geez...

Like I said. Polarizing.

In part it's how they do challenges now. The stages seem like needless work for them a filler for players. The entire Challenge reward system is essentially one MTX instead of multiple to entice more players. I've done Challenges just for a one MTX before. With no interest in the others.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
40 here we go !
"
Sielin wrote:
Agreed. Kinda funny to see all the whiners but as for me, I do the challenges for the sake of being able to do them fast enough, just sets a personal goal. Their prettiness is just a bonus, and personally I think there are quite more people out there who feel the same.

I cared more before Challenges were just meaningless grinds of content I've done 100x now. Sanctum had 7 Challenges actually related to the league and the rest was just grind old content.

I do league for the league. It's integration into older content helps bring new life to that content. The separation method they used past two leagues was incredibly boring to me.

As for the Extrinsic vs Intrinsic rewards. Leagues of the past year have ranged from meh to awful. So I would not play through a bad league or a meh league with rewards I don't care about.

This means it has to actually be a good league to keep playing. Which is unlikely.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
POG!

Unsure if I'll get 38, but I hope I can :D
Ruthless just a pet project right? A pet project that has the only race rewards and also you can obtain the same crucible challenge rewards by doing just 8 challenges...
That's not a good color palette, purple or pink is fine, but this non-saturated pastel garb looks horrible, helmet and glove are great tho.
Pretty disappointing for those of us that won't hit 29 challenges. The only good reward is the chaos feature for completing it. Congrats to the 1% once again for the only cool thing.
Last edited by Miller2200 on Apr 5, 2023, 9:45:58 PM
noice
Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest.
White is cold and always yearning, burdened by a royal test.
Black the beast descends from shadows.
Yellow beauty burns gold.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info