No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

Well stated.

This is a buff.
Just some numerical changes!

"Cleave is over powered now and we have reduced its range -2"

I'm not sure GGG knows what is most fun about their game. They have steadily removed it for the past five or more leagues.

Players provided GGG with, what ~$80+ million dollars, in a F2P game last year and yet you still don't listen. You have all the resources you need.

At a minimum you could just point the direction of the changes with something like this:

Melee:
These gems nerfed
Theses gems no change

Poison: nerfed
Bows: nerfed
Slayer ascendancy: Buffed
Unique Hats: nerfed

This would give us all a clue without details. That way we could give our builds some thought.

My hope? You make significant positive changes to melee that make it fun once again.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Well at least tell us in the patch notes exactly what loot you're culling this time. Legion, expedition and blight maybe?
"
While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest.

Okay but are there buffs or changes to go with these nerfs, or is it another league of only nerfs?
just a scrub.
"
nerf
;)
SSF since ~OB
Sounds like a crazy idea, an even crazier one would be instead of making fun little changes and small nerfs to not nerf anything and really buff stuff for once since archnemsis league. The vaal-skill melee thing was a flop and I'd argue there isn't really anything OP to the effect it drastically would need to be nerfed. There are so many skills that either need a number buff or a mechanical fix that I really hope this 4 month cycle wasn't spent making little changes and small nerfs.

The games been needing a good shake-up since sentinel league as the core game balance has roughly been the same since archnemesis league with a couple slight tweaks since with uniques and the like.
Yay! Yes, please tweak the game for more fun fun fun! :-)
i mean balance manifestos of the past havent really been an issue and are mostly fairly clear and straightforward. the problem usually arises when you guys rework core game systems and only devote 1 line to it in the manifesto, or dont bother mentioning it at all.

that said it'd be nice if we actually got some buffs to things that need it because melee's been bad for like a year and a half now.
Last edited by Titoisagod on Mar 12, 2023, 9:09:18 PM
meow
The true is that your manifestos and your patch notes are actually nothing more than half-truths.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info