Eldritch Altars FAQ

"
One of the goals of the Altar changes from the outset was to retain the feel of Altars such that the gameplay feels familiar, as we're generally happy with how that feels to play. Part of retaining this means we want to keep the frequency of encountering Eldritch Altars relatively common. If we want to give you Altars relatively often, it means we're giving out rewards relatively often so one of the ways of balancing this is to make the stack sizes of those rewards lower.

This just ignores the fact that the average number of altars is the same, but the average number of influenced packs can be from 1x to 3x lower. So we are getting the same number of altars, but fewer drops, and when something does drop its only a stack of 1...
i was more happy with the changes before you released this faq. [Removed by Support] once again hold QOL hostage (ie: color /symbol on altar..because they dont want us to farm 1 and pass over the others easiily)
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 22, 2022, 6:33:56 PM
Wheeeee
"
3.20 will be the greatest league since Ritual, mark my words Wraeclast

#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

Man, You are so high it's unbelievable. You need to lay off this "staff", it's not good for your health.

To achieve that GGG need to revert LOOT changes from 3.19, damage and mana changes from 3.15, and also remove ALL immunities from game, especially from Expedition.

This is never gonna happen.

Also I do not like Ritual, Ultimatum is way better, bring him back already!
I can FLY!
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/WDRU/
nice
Where is loot?

Hard map rares + no loot = bad

Hard map rares + loot = not so bad

I don't understand these changes at all. I just don't understand what is going on over there. Everything is so carefully crafted to look like a nerf, or at best, status quo with ALOT of extra work, aka nerf.

[Removed by Support]

*Mind blowing that was edited by support in 30 seconds, not even a remotely inflammatory statement.
Last edited by Naitsirt on Nov 22, 2022, 6:35:56 PM
Q: Can you make Altars more readable in the heat of combat?

A: No.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
To be honest I am shocked that rusted scarabs are aiming to be little less common than rogue markers.
I feel like it is the most common currency I still pick up and it is generally a few stacks per map (chisel, alch, vaaled).
I understand this as scarabs being generally found once per map or so. That's a lot.
Personally I would make rogue markers show up only once every few maps in bigger stacks to compensate. I feel like we are picking up more rogue markers now than in Heist league.
We shall see how the scarab drop rates turn out.
My mirror thread https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2756556
1a. Would this change eldritch drop rates? It felt like eldritch was made to be a complete alternative to influenced crafting, but the currency feels like its in a drought. Even without alters, farming them from bosses is not the best either but a nice extra potential drop. The players need tools and alternatives to crafting

1b. Will there be options to drop more eldritch currencies from the alter nodes?

2. How exactly is a player suppose to "intuit" how many packs a map is suppose to contain? Unless there is a specific indicator this will just lead to players opting to full spec into boss stacking because if they waste all the alters on mobs when juicing, and it turns out there is 1/3 less than "intuited" it will feel wasted.

3. The comment about boss rushing not being a good game play loop is odd. Why does it matter how the player base chooses to map?
It seems like these things are always "changes" or "nerfs" but not "improvements" or "fun"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info