Eldritch Altars FAQ

new supp packs when ?
"
3.20 will be the greatest league since Ritual, mark my words Wraeclast

#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

Sorry mate, but i dont think so. There are still the biggest problems unsolved:

- "Nerfe policy": GGG still solving "problems" by nerfs, when "balance" can be reached with buffs. In PVE game there is no reason for lose-lose nerf policy, except one: it is much more easier and faster to nerf 1 thing, than to buff 5-6.

- No steps to QOL changes. Like mentioned in FAQ they know that a lot of things are bad designed or working wrong (Altars), but they are not going to do something with it.

0 of global problems were solved since Ritual. Only some new content, which was cool. And new problems (Hi, Archnemesis). GGG said "We have a vision and you will understand that we are right", players said "Archnemesis is bad". After 9 monthes we came back to old system with reworked modpool (what was a simple decigion, right?). Since Ritual i have less and less enjoyment and motivation to play the game. No build diversity, lower accessibility of crafting, less loot - all of it brings us to situation when game content is great, but gameplay is bad. That is a result of wrong "Vision". And untill it will be changed PoE will never be great again.
"
Veliur wrote:

Sorry mate, but i dont think so. There are still the biggest problems unsolved:

- "Nerfe policy": GGG still solving "problems" by nerfs, when "balance" can be reached with buffs. In PVE game there is no reason for lose-lose nerf policy, except one: it is much more easier and faster to nerf 1 thing, than to buff 5-6.

- No steps to QOL changes. Like mentioned in FAQ they know that a lot of things are bad designed or working wrong (Altars), but they are not going to do something with it.

0 of global problems were solved since Ritual. Only some new content, which was cool. And new problems (Hi, Archnemesis). GGG said "We have a vision and you will understand that we are right", players said "Archnemesis is bad". After 9 monthes we came back to old system with reworked modpool (what was a simple decigion, right?). Since Ritual i have less and less enjoyment and motivation to play the game. No build diversity, lower accessibility of crafting, less loot - all of it brings us to situation when game content is great, but gameplay is bad. That is a result of wrong "Vision". And untill it will be changed PoE will never be great again.

I wish this wasn't so accurate. I'm pretty sure just getting an AH would be enough to get a bunch of my F list back online for 3.20...but ATM everyone I asked is on the same "Yeah the changes are good but it's just not enough for me to have fun again."

A lot of people are sadly in a state where just making the game "better" isn't enough after feeling like they got shafted for 1-3 years. They're holding out for the game to be "amazing", and just finding other games to play in the mean time.
Mobile games have better trading...
"We've discussed community feedback around this, specifically to consider options around instance-pausing, colour indicators or reward symbols. Each of these options has their own drawbacks so we won't be making any changes on this front for now. The best thing to do is to finish killing the surrounding monsters before reading the Altar."

Come up with 3 initial designs. Doesn't need artwork or anything. Just color code or whatever. Probably the "stop time" one can't be easily implemented, but various indicator ones could be.

Add ALL to the game.

Make a cluster of keystones on the atlas tree where you can select them- either one, or multiple, if stacking is reasonable.

Let people know it exists and while it's garbage time of the league, see which one (or ones, if it can reasonably stack) people actually use.

If something is a clear winner, adopt and develop it with proper icons, etc.
If something is a strong minority candidate (~20% of people who use any of these keystones), keep it in the game in the barebones state and maybe fix it later. Let people activate from options.
If it's not used much, delete.

USE THE PLAYERBASE. We'll help you work out the issues before league start. It's garbage time now. This is the time to work out the problems.
Last edited by Andvareel on Nov 23, 2022, 3:15:18 PM
how do you counter wrath of the cosmos removal and with it - huge reduction of ember / ichor availability. Nothing about it in the faq or manifesto. It's already annoying to get your implicits right, we really don't need those to be made rare as fuck.
"
Esubane wrote:
how do you counter wrath of the cosmos removal and with it - huge reduction of ember / ichor availability. Nothing about it in the faq or manifesto. It's already annoying to get your implicits right, we really don't need those to be made rare as fuck.

I was wondering about the same thing. This league I farmed altars on hundreds of maps, and that didn't give me enough ichors to roll even a single mod I was looking for, so I had to buy additional ichors.
Heist League 7.0 ?!
"
Can you make Altars more readable in the heat of combat?

We've discussed community feedback around this, specifically to consider options around instance-pausing, colour indicators or reward symbols. Each of these options has their own drawbacks so we won't be making any changes on this front for now. The best thing to do is to finish killing the surrounding monsters before reading the Altar.

Please just allow loot filters to be able to handle this. That way the community can balance those drawbacks of the colors and icons to best suit them.
no qol changes to altars and 50% more altars sounds awful
"
opentls wrote:
"
The best thing to do is to finish killing the surrounding monsters before reading the Altar.

Sorry, but nothing feels worse than backtracking. I want to click the altar as soon as I stand next to it, not run back to it after I cleared the mobs after it. Can you tell me what exactly would be the drawback to putting a reward icon into the box next to the text? I really am struggling to see a downside there...

Especially in a game where any random rare monster that you didn't kill at the start of the map is still following you, or the other random rare mob that can smell you from 5 screens away

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info