3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Wow that really is daring, after the massive loot nerfs last league and seeing how the players responded to that, reducing loot even further. What could go wrong...
Wait, wait, WAIT WAIIIIT!!! THERE ARE STILL SOME MECHANICS THAT ARE FUN AND REWARDING?????? WHAT THE HECK????? OBVIOUSLY THIS NEEDS TO BE GUTTED TO THE GROUND AND THE FUN STRANGLED OUT OF IT!!! NO WAY THE PLAYERS CAN STILL HAVE GOOD REWARDS ON THIS GAME!!! MUCH BETTER AFTER THIS CHANGE!!
Another step closer to greatness on this game!!
Totally expected nerf to eldritch currency(and pack size for some reason)
Too rewarding! can't have that. what the fuck?
i don't know what this is about
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Great , MORE NERFS, more grind to farm the same amount of currency I was farming in 3.19 (which was already too low for my taste) . You keep slowing down players progress. Guess you'll be happy when 99% of players leave.
So now I can't get 8 stacks of Wrath of the Cosmos for a wopping 200% more damage taken and waste all my portals on a single Metamorph? Oh noes!
"
Muori wrote:
Terrible timing with the event start

Your comment is irrelevant to this announcement. However, since you insisted on complaining, here is my response.

Two of the three funsie races this league had weekend starts. Now, for the people who don't have weekends available to no-life a race, they have a chance to be included. [Removed by Support] As my partner says whenever I complain about the stupid tiktok videos blaring from her phone that I don't care about......

IT IS NOT FOR YOU
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Nov 21, 2022, 4:25:44 PM
Hard to say how big of a nerf this is. Hopefully Eldritch currency stays just as common as it is now. For how common the currencies were the sell prices are VERY high early league meaning demand is sky high.

Maven influence has seemed awful for a while now unless you're running guardians. I don't think this is enough of a buff/nerf to tip people that way.

3:1 scarab is a nice addition.

Post some teasers if we're going to get a 4 day drought before the last manifesto please.
Eldritch altars are indeed "overpowered" and "needed" a nerf but I hope the OVERALL value of rewards doesn't decrease.
Are you increasing baseline rewards ELSEWHERE to compensate?

You see, 3.19 felt like a drought.
Until eldritch altars.
Then floodgates opened and things finally felt somewhat good again.
Eldritch altars are dangerous, and were much more dangerous before a certain monster was nerfed, but middle tier maps weren't sustaining alchemy orbs, etc.

It took increasing the risk AND reward for the reward to actually feel sustainable. Without good altars, the game wasn't fun.

Again, I realize altars provide too much relative boost compared to maven to really want to ever choose maven. My issue is the baseline game without altars feels like famine.
"
enumag wrote:
Personally I strongly dislike the altars because I have to stop, read and think about it before continuing the map. They should have some icon indicators we could get used to similar to Ultimatum so that we don't need to read and just decide immediately based on the image.

agree

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info