3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Well the changes to the mechanic seem good EXCEPT FOR THE NERFED REWARDS PART.

Seriously though; how much does this game still need to be nerfed till it falls in line with the vision? It was already one of the grindiest games out there before all of the nerfing began. How much more does it need to suck for players to provide the devs their satisfaction? Honestly seems like a battle against player enjoyment at this point and i reckon that's not the point of game development right? (I hope).
Here we go again, rewards are too rewarding... what is wrong with that?

Counter example again - your work hours in your office are too few, we are increasing them so you can work more hours... be happy.

I guess that only thing that the players can do is to keep voting with their time and wallet and show you how much they ''like'' these ''buffs''.

There is absolutely no reason too keep doing these things ''nerf/buff'', if you want to make more money stop doing it and lower your prices on cosmetics and see the results. The game is too good to be killed...
If you drop a frog in a pot of boiling water, it will of course frantically try to clamber out. But if you place it gently in a pot of tepid water and turn the heat on low, it will float there quite placidly. As the water gradually heats up, the frog will sink into a tranquil stupor, exactly like one of us in a hot bath, and before long, with a smile on its face, it will unresistingly allow itself to be boiled to death.
Mirror of Kalandra?
So what about loot ?
"
After writing the first four manifestos and reviewing what else remains to be covered, we feel that there isn't very much to put in this manifesto because most of the remaining changes are better suited to the patch notes. Therefore, we've made the decision to drop that manifesto.
Even the manifesto's got nerfed. This is buff.
"
To give you a specific example, if you run maps influenced by the Eater of Worlds, you'll see Divine Orbs from the 'Basic Currency Reward' more than twice as often as before.
More than twice as never before, extensively tested™
If you can't handle the truth, just delete the forum post - Precious Flower
Awesome stuff!

I fell like a lot of ppl are used to good items and think that you got to have all the best items all the time. Its fine to play like that but for me it fells like a lot of ppl dont stick around coz of this.

I do understand that a lot of ppl dont have time to play games for hours a day. But the league is not over in 1 week... Its around for 3 months. You dont have to finish it in 2 days.

I think the direction GGG is trying to go is good, but the 3.19 implementation was bad. But so far 3.20 looks good.

Can we like get a "delete a take only tab" ... Aren't you like freeing a lot of space some were if people clean standard of all the tabs no one wants to clean ?

Now to the "Nerfing Manifesto: Eldritch Altars" point, so you hate the logic that people rush the boss to alter the outcome of altars hence making the map juicy, but you shift it to the boss...So now you need to clear the whole map to get the boss juiced..

Isn't that like a counter logic that only makes the game grindier while rewarding less stuff ?

You already have to grind your ears off to craft gear, reroll n-1 outcomes for prefixes/suffixes , implicits, eldritch implicits and so on while crafting is literally a dump fest that most of the people flee from, so you are taking what used to be a grind to get items to an even greater grind to get items.

So that people who were already struggling for a few hours to farm some decent currency to buy some weak ass crafted junk that some streamer didn't want to be even more unbearable and un-rewarding for them.

At some point writing this message I think that GGG just wants to have 500 hundred people playing the game as a beta test for POE2 and the rest can just tag along if they want..

Slowing the game even more while the mobs aren't getting weaker...My god, bad decision after bad decision. My few friends that are still playing the game, play so little as it is, now they will feel even less reward for the time and quit before the 3 week that people usually spend in POE in a league.

Also can we stop with the hypocrisy and just say exactly how much more you got from your testing with the new adjustments ? Because to be honest, I saw like 3 pure divines from eldritch minions, and I have been farming only eldritch minions at the point that I am close to 40 achievements by only doing maps. So in theory more than twice from nothing is still nothing, and your testers really have no clue on high end gaming and farming...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Nov 22, 2022, 2:30:13 AM
Again bad descion. Blue altar was good, the red altar and maven runs as only be buffed. In additional their need to be a qol function to run altar and maven together. It very bad design still running one of the tree option. At least maven map runs feels very uninteresting because of the gap losing currency with no altars
The Maven witnessed changes are ameyzing espetially regarding invitation farming just got omega buffed. Thanks alot always felt left behind when doing maven stuff couse no omega stoinks like omni or ashes was possible now i´m exited.

The 25% inc dmg from Wrath of the cosmos had made me not touch altars anymore. thank you for the very welcome change. Looking forward to see the impact on eldrich currency priceses.

So no more manifesto. no more loot change... SADGE. If you dont talk about loot now people will go into leuge with assumtions and probably be frustrated again and leave... dangerous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info