3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

Scarab recipe is awesome
remember when alters where first introduced?
we had scarabs raining from the sky, currency flying out of every monsters asshole . . . man that sucked.
It would be way better if I had to take 1.5 times as many downsides for triple nerfed loot.

On a more serious note, I hope this makes sense with the new endgame systems and/or the new league mech.
I like the scarab recipe and adding bronze into the core drop pool as long as they aren't overly rare.

But over all this is just feels like more of 'hey you guys having fun, stop that.'
Last edited by DragonSound on Nov 21, 2022, 10:55:55 PM
"
Eldritch Altars are currently too rewarding

oh the irony after destroying the arpg aspect in 1 patch..

are you starting to go back to 3.19 design? might as well scrap it and move onwards to 3.30 then..

the rest seems ok need real play testing before so.. yeah.. I guess?

nerfing rewards after nuking the arpg part of your game.. not looking so good for the endgame yet again..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
“ My question is this: then why keep the Maven invitation farming the same from a mechanical perspective? Nerfing altars and buffing map bosses under Maven will simply make people who did boss rushing with altars move to boss rushing with Maven.

So is it just that for altars specifically that boss-rushing wasn't intended, but for Maven it's ok, or am I misunderstanding?

As a side note: When I read Maven changes, I was immediately hoping for some sort of system change where clearing a map somehow buffs up the map boss to incentivize running more of the map and not just bum rush to the map boss...”

This guy makes a solid point! I recommend some mechanic that increases the % to drop Awakened Orbs from the Maven witnessed map boss based on how much of the map was cleared.

Scarabs changes are good, everything else is meh.
I think I like this post but lack enough knowledge to say whether its actually good?

More clear reward choices from altars is great.

Awakened gems from boss farming DEFINITELY a win.

Also actually allows a setting where boss killing characters can farm maven & mob clearing characters can farm influence. Gives a nice difference between the two when players are building their character (baring content facerolling characters).
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
Thanks for the clarity in the notes, appreciate calling a spade a spade, etc.

Overall makes sense.
Thanks for the info, was scared after the nemesis change that i might go back to poe next patch. This helps a lot, looking forward ro the curse "adjustment"
Looks like nerfs to me. Well, at the end it depends on the whole loot system. But this part looks like well-packed nerfs to me.
In what game are Altars too rewarding? The best thing you can get is a high tier base to craft on which is RNG x10 to get something worth using and that's mostly passive points.

Gems and my 824th chisel, worthless low end currency.
Half the community don't even use Scarabs now.

Someone please explain how Altars were ever close to rewarding, let alone too rewarding.

Spam 24 maps to fight a boss is monotonous enough. Thanks.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Nov 22, 2022, 12:21:19 AM
"
Xzorn wrote:
In what game are Altars too rewarding? The best thing you can get is a high tier base to craft on which is RNG x10 to get something worth using and that's mostly passive points.

Gems and my 824th chisel, worthless low end currency.
Half the community don't even use Scarabs now.

Someone please explain how Altars were ever close to rewarding, let alone too rewarding.

Spam 24 maps to fight a boss is monotonous enough. Thanks.

Have you never dropped 20-30 scarabs in one map after hitting 2-3 altars with the scarab reward?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info