3.20 Balance Manifesto: Eldritch Altars

"...just slightly reduce their overall potency..."

Anyone who has been playing poe for more than 2 years knows this is a lie, the mechanic was nerfed to the ground and ggg will have to put a out a fix within the first 2 weeks, this is old as hell.

When ggg says "slightly" it means "dead".
Last edited by d_n_r on Nov 21, 2022, 5:08:52 PM
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
dropping the 5th manifesto?

looks like melee is about to be screwed again...

but don't worry the eagles are coming...THE EAGLES!!!!

Is it ALL the Eagles? Cause I'm not on board if its just that Don Henley [Removed by Support], without Joe, Joe was the crazy that band needed to anything spe... wait its a Tolkein referense isn't it... my bad XD

In all seriousness if GGG can't look at melee and see that putting some flat damage back onto the worst gems and removing that absolutely terriblely misguided base attack speed negative multiplier would instantly make Melee so much better then they truely are out of touch with how the game feels to play and 2 of the most simple and easy fixes that would at least BANDAID melee..

Yes Chris many of us would desperately love a bandaid for melee and you're going to have a bunch of super disapointed players if you don't at least do SOMETHING.

It was a Tolkein reference but now that you mention it, i think both can apply with context.

As for melee it is totally screwed. If they truly had any actual plans for it (that won't amount to more memes and them being hounded and made fun of for failing melee again) they would make sure to properly adress it in a manifesto. I still want them to adress the targeting problems of strike skills, the forced gem swaps, the lack of scaling, the attack speed penalties, the lack of combat uptime vs. enemies, the fact that most melee build have to use totems (i figured they would have tried to move away from this ASAP when it was introduced. Such a foolish idea), etc.

Instead it will be a bunch of fluff buffs that really amount to very little and will be buried in a mass wall of text in the manifesto. Just like all the other times. Just this time there will be more memes (well not as many memes as 2.4 nothing can top that).

They keep telling players to wait for POE2 for melee improvements. The issue there is if nobody is playing melee now why would they play it later? Especailly if the melee problems are known and are quite glaring. The refusal to do anything or doing very little only makes the situation worse and worse. Maybe they will convince a streamer to play melee and claim there are no problems. Maybe they have no idea what to do. Either way I would be fine if they just came out and said:

"We can't solve the Riddle of Melee"

Then again I don't see how they can't solve what every other modern ARPG solved long ago with substantially less.
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Last edited by Nav_GGG on Nov 21, 2022, 5:12:00 PM
good changes, maven change could be nice if the drop rate is somewhat decent. Drop was fine even this league, funny how all those 13 challenges andys rage before knowing whats comming next league.
Nice !
Bad Seed
I will be completly honest and respectfull here and I really appreciate if one of the devs read.

The problem with altars is: players have to stop, read and make decisions "in the middle of storm". This is terrible for the pace of the game. It contradicts everything a build is created for. I was expecting an improvement which would simplify the process and make it better for the pace. Turns out it will still be the same interaction which kills the pace of farming regardless of rewards.

Please solve this.
Last edited by Philippe_Mello on Nov 21, 2022, 5:16:27 PM
Ty GGG, you're kinda going in the right direction. Now pls, give us a GOOD league mechanic too <3
lol
fun nerfed
3:1 scarab upgrade is a smart choice and welcomed. The manifestos so far seem like wise changes in the correct direction. I would like to request a couple small quality of life changes. Please make essences stack in stacks of 10, when someone requests to purchase for example 147 essences I need to break out a calculator to do the math of stacks and spares as opposed to 14 stacks of 10 plus 7 spares. It would also be nice for emblems and other items that only stack to 1 to be stacked to 10 for trading purposes so people buying 50 sets of legion emblems don't have to open multiple windows of trading. I know you guys like people to "feel the weight" of trading but keep in mind there are other ARPG's (Torchlight, Last Epoch, Diablo 4, etc.) that have actual working auction houses for Path of Exile to compete against in the present and future. I don't think stacks of 10 with manual trading is too much to ask for. Probably won't happen but I think many people would be happy with the change and I don't think it would remove the "weight" of having to leave your map and lose portal and headhunter buffs to trade or wait for someone to even respond to trade.
Last edited by Bulldoza on Nov 21, 2022, 5:22:05 PM
"
For example, if you intuit that it may be a 20 pack map, you might be more inclined to pick more Map Boss modifiers as there won't be as many Influence Monsters in the map to get other rewards from.

What a terrible way to design a system. Basically designing a system around being clairvoyant. There is no real indication of how many hidden packs of mobs might exist on a map - until you've killed enough to realize its too late.

"

Eldritch Altars are currently too rewarding, so much so that they create a disincentive for any out-of-map gameplay unless it is comparably rewarding.

So the solution is to FURTHER nerf drop rates instead of bringing up out of map systems?
Sounds cool.
May peace be with you, exile.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info