3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

Sooo its the pre Archnemesis System with extra Steps. Got it.
These changes all sound really promising, but there's no mention of whether the new mods like "extra crits" will have in-game visual tells that are immediately recognisable.

UI improvements like making the mod text more clear/simple are very welcome, but please ensure that reading mod text in combat is not the primary form of UX feedback.

The more procedural layers of these mods that are allowed to stack, the more difficult it becomes to communicate their presence to players through proper gameplay tells, which creates a massive need to have the system built to accommodate ~4 stacked visuals in a way that doesn't become messy/lost.

Otherwise, we end up stuck in the same boat of mostly engaging with the mod text while staring at a death screen.

Still, everything that is mentioned does sound like good changes!
How can u still unable to realize the complete failure of the MF concept? There is not a single thing that MF would add to the gameplay, because DROPPING MORE STUFF IS WHAT ARPG GAME IS ALREADY ABOUT, so trading power on a gear for a MF bonus leads only to a decrease in the variability of builds. Why bother getting strong and expensive gear if u can get cheap mf gear that makes u drop x2 more stuff than u will drop in harder content with that strong gear? Why bother trying to play niche buld which may not be able to handle a t16 maps when u can play t11 on MF build AND STILL DROP MORE STUFF? And its not like "people can choose how to play this game" because MF is not an different style of gameplay, its just a variant of the regular build that breaks the risk/reward curve, because u can drop more stuff from relatively less risky content, which makes huge layer of content after max point that MF can handle meaningless. I get that GGG sees it as some kind of second level minmaxing, like first u minmax power, then when u got enough u can trade part of that power for a drop multiplier, but this approach also leads to a reduction in variability, because there always be unfairly strong builds and among them bulds, that can more effectively fit MF with the least reduction in power. So why trying force people in certain meta, even narrower than before? Why break your own philosophy of variability and build depth? Why make meaningless that huge part of content after the max point at which MF builds can farm? Why making Gold flask with autouse on hit rares mandatory? GIVE ME ONE GODDAMN REASON please.
Last edited by chij72 on Nov 17, 2022, 12:07:41 AM
poggies my doggies
Dear GGG,

Thank you, looks like you get my believes back :)
But lets see on league launch
About damn time you made a good change again
Most peole simply hated archnemesis as it was with pretty much all their mechanisms as the fights are not "interesting" just annoying. Probably everyone's highest hope was that it gets cancelled.

BUT I do applaud the step towards making it unnecessary to pay cullers and wait on maps. The general simplification sounds okay to. If magma barrier doesn't spawn the orbs it also sounds promising... Let's hope I guess. After last league I will need to see to believe but it mostly sounds good. Maybe it's enough.
Wonder how headhunter will be after this change. Its just more mods to steal or you cant steal some specific like extra and you steal only weakened major mods (trickster, storm riders etc)
I just sincerely hope that Item Drop / Loot Conversion is gone. The reason I quit so early the last few leagues is because of the constant negative feedback knowing that a monster I killed that could I dropped something useful.

It was NEVER a good feeling to see a monster drop 20+ flasks. When you see Drought Bringer on a monster, you know without a doubt that you were denied a chance at valuable items. They were taken from you by RNG.
Exactly what needed to happen, great work GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info