3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

I like that you can finally see what these mods do. For example I thought executioner has culling, but it was just reduced regen. And no, I didnt bother to remember the mods from archnemesis league.

Hiding reward modifiers is weird. That's like nerfing magic find and you would still need to get rarity/quant because you know for a fact that the rewards are out there.

Imo the rewards should be scaled with the number of modifiers on the monsters. Each mob in the pack has a random chance to drop an item from a pool of items. That way people will try to kill all monsters that are tough.
Interesting indeed. Haven't logged in for over two months, and been ready to give up all hope for this game to come back, and skip leagues until PoE2.

Well, this actually gives me some hope. Not celebrating yet though, but we'll see. I won't let myself get all hyped, and then get shot down again, but.. we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyways if nothing else, definitely step in the right direction, for a change.
I am so happy I could cry. This literally made my day. Thank you!
Okay, that sounds nice, might try it.

Still hoping you might unbutcher harvest a bit...

When im browsing comments im amazed to see how playerbase was fooled yet again.

It does not solve AN issues just dilutes (and as tweeted) it may even get things worse since rares might have more mods. What was nerfed or removed hello????
It does not solve pinata, just hides it and it stays the same. Im waiting for loot manifesto to see how that d be addressed, well if it d be addressed at all.

Lastly, i thought after so many years. Pressing W before kill to change set to tulwar and monarch seems never gets old. Its the same c*** just wrapped in something nice. Instead of getting hyped over nothing wait for whole picture, now its completely meh.
:')

Thank you

I know this might take a couple weeks or a league to really iron out, but if you guys have and will put in the time, so will I.
The vision is getting blurry.....thank god
Awesome, some feedback found way to you.

Here is some more.
"
While you can certainly still rarely encounter scary combinations of mods that really wake you up

You notice that damage spikes can still happen, and I believe un-killable monsters then can too.

How about split rare monsters mods to: Offensive, Defensive, Etc.. and monster can't hold mods all from one category? Eliminate big damage spikes and boring right-click holds.

Rippy and un-killable monsters are boring, they are not "wakeup moments" as you say, more like momentum killers.

Monsters identity may finally return.
Thank God.
We already have a system that modifies skills in this game. It's called Support Gems.

So IMHO modifiers of all monsters' skills should be the adapted Support Gems.

The way I would do it is:
1) Give each monster's skill a tag. You know, Melee, Fire, Spell - the same way it is done with the Skill Gems.
2) Use modifiers based on appropriate support gems. For example, Skeleton Mages' elemental bolts can get Spell Echo and Skeleton Archers' shots can get Barrage.
3) Finetune the "support gems" for monsters. For example, Spell Echo on monsters will give them a cooldown of 0.5 seconds to prevent excessive spam, and Barrage will give them a big, animated wind-up with lead before an attack.
4) Only use support gems that actually change the gameplay. Melee Physical Damage or Vicious Projectiles change nothing and it will be a stretch to make it change something. But Fist of War or Volley with a little tuning can change gameplay, thus making a more interesting encounter.

This approach has 2 advantages:
1) Consistency with the lore and other core systems of the game. Now if you have some experience with the game, you will know what to expect from a Spell Cascade affix.
2) Most affixes can be scaled up like Awakened Spell Cascade or Greater Spell Echo. And it will still be clear what to expect from such monsters.
So magic monsters can have a regular Multistrike, while rares can have Greater or Awakened Multistrike.

Now, once you have a clear baseline of affixes, you can add very rare and special modifiers like God-touched AN to further spice up harder content.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info