3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

I don't blame GGG for screawing-up the game with AN. You tried something, you failed, shit happens. An acknowledged mistake is always forgivable, but persisting in any mistake ruins your credit. It's time to bring it up a bit. Two on five manifestos that are not complete disasters, so far so good. But I won't be sold until 5/5 + patch note and a confirmation at the release.

By the way be really, REALLY careful with drastic changes you can hide from players until the very launch (deliberately or not). Those are you worst moves, be really careful with that if you want trust to be (partially) back.

Anyway I love that change, nice :D
WOW. This is exactly what i didn't know I wanted. Assuming this is as i understand it, this seems like the perfect solution. If you keep the associated colors of the mods, the better!

Hopefully the hidden thing will not turn Poe in mf only characters meta .

Let’s see.
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Cautiously optimistic about this? Obviously without specifics it's difficult to know what it'll actually look like, but.
I truly hope that this does not suck, sofar AN is the least pleasing thing in the game but I truly hope that this is not anything like the past ireations.
"
In our opinion, Archnemesis did succeed

yes in deleting your playerbase

im still very skeptical about this manifesto. even if they remove AN entirely and there are no loot goblins for Team MF cullers then there still is the loot nerf. idk the game plays like shit right now. there are so many things broken i doubt it can be fixed at all withing reasonable time.
Please don't forget that much of the feedback was that the Archnemesis mods gave gameplay that wasn't fun in the slightest. It overshadowed all other gameplay mechanics, by a huge margain.

You do refer to this slightly in the topic about encounters being simplified. But then you mention the next phrase:
'While creating the new monster mods described in this article, we were careful to retain most of the interesting mechanics that Archnemesis introduced, but in a way that doesn't include a grab-bag of other effects and is diluted by many other simpler mods.'

Please, get rid of the most annoying mods and don't 'retain interesting fights' or 'interesting and challenging emergent behaviour' by keeping said mods. I doubt there many players who enjoy dodging poisonballs or flameballs after the monster encounter ended, as example.

Also, as per your post, it sounds like it will still be possible to encounter monsters with build-countering / super tanky / speedy-critting mod combinations, but just less frequently or with a more clear description. Please make sure these combinations just don't happen (and not just less frequently), because this was the main reason for bringing a frown on your face while playing.
These mod combinations are not the fun and exciting gameplay that you imagine it to be. It doesn't matter that the mods are better readable/simpeler/less frequent when you still sometimes get instakilled by a hasted/critting mob that you don't have time to react to, or have to run away because the mod combination made a rare almost invincible against your build.

I sincerely hope I read your post the wrong way and you solved these two issues with the mod simplification.

Overall a big thank you for these changes, I was very afraid this was a hill you were prepared to die on for another league. I am very glad you decided not to, and I hope my concerns are unwarrented.
How many stacks will headhunter and behead be allowed with this change?
Thanks GGG. Can't wait for the next league, hope the new league mechanic is good :)
great 👍

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info