3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

Here we go again
I have a question: So the archnem mods before had mods that also buffed the quant and rarity on the monster, and these would stack for each archnem mod. How Is this being converted to the new system? Also Before multiple conversions could roll on the monsters. Some worked together, I think like item type and fracture, but others would brick one another (ex. gems, flasks, currency). Are conversion mods still going to be able to stack? If they can will they avoid bricking one another? For example, if a mob rolls flasks and currency it picks currency and and not flask, or it just cannot roll these two together.
now give back reforge keeping prefix/suffix
and add divine cards/shards and we are good to go
Thanks for the effort and your continuous improvement!
I am really surprised of this manifesto, looking forward for the next ones and excited for the upcoming league.
In God we trust and all the patch notes are just back up.
This is great news. Awesome job GGG!
This is how I undestand what they do:

+ Archnemesis mods are weaker and improve players gameplay experience
- Headhunter nerfs going even further

+ Lootgoblins stay but in hidden form so MF culler idea goes away for majority
- Magic Find will work the same, so MF groups will get insane rewards anyway

+ A little hope that they rebuild weights of drops for normal/blue monsters because during 3.19 I just felt its pointless to make your maps harder by adding Delirium or Beyond because the only thing you could get from it was their league specific loot,
- No change to "historic bonus" to IIQ/IIR for most of league mechanic monsters
- In general, rewards will feel the same and even after changes it's nowhere close to what it used to be before 3.19,
- normal/blue monsters will still drop very little amount of items and it will take like another 2 milion kills for 1 Apothecary Card next league

In 3.19 most of your profit came from Altars and guaranteed drop mechanics like Legion. They are revamping eldritch altars so we don't know yet if we lose our major way of currency making in maps.

Overall, as we know, they make changes which are not included in patch notes and I really hope for good work done. If they take away drops from eltrich altars it will feel really bad making currency in maps.
This sounds a lot like..

We are changing the name of the monster mod system, we are not going to call it AN anymore, cause people don't like it, we broke down the AN mods into their effects and added them to mobs... and they will be a lot rarer.

We are keeping the loot goblins, it's just that now you won't be able to identify them, and they will drop less loot.

So.. less mobs that can potentially drop valuable items, and less drops per valuable mob (cause well "This new reward system smooths out the spikiness"), this translates to less currency per hour - so more nerfs, great.
thanks, can't wait for next league.
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
WTB Valley of Darkness
Ingame
@ OceanOfThunder

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info