Mac OSX Ventura - item with the same name already exists error - SOLVED

Now I'm getting this error again, suspiciously, after an OS update.
So guess this bug is still open and also seems to happen frequently.

Running this command helped in my case:
`rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Path\ of\ Exile/Path\ of\ Exile.app\!/`
Last edited by kirmoar on May 4, 2023, 5:28:50 PM
I have the solution! For me I went to Finder-Go-(hold option to view hidden Library)-Library-Application Support-POE - then delete the 2nd path of exile app!! that should be the same 94mb or so. Then it should work.
"
SensualSalad wrote:
I have the solution! For me I went to Finder-Go-(hold option to view hidden Library)-Library-Application Support-POE - then delete the 2nd path of exile app!! that should be the same 94mb or so. Then it should work.

Thank you so much this worked for me.
i deleted this file "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile.app"

Moved this file to desktop and ran it "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile.app!.app"
THIS IS THE 11TH TIMES I DELETED AND REINSTALL THE GAME !!!!

"Path of Exile” couldn’t be copied to “Path of Exile” because an item with the same name already exists"

^ this bug will not go away, rn i needa do a FULL reinstall, just to play the game for ONE TIME, if i wanna log in again tomo, i needa reinstall the whole gamee again, its 40Gb everytime.

and so far the solution i found on the net are reinstalling the game, but this is not a FIX mannnnn. and seems like no developers are fixing this issue???????
"
neohongkong wrote:
Full uninstall and clean up the installation folder?

that only fixed the problem ONE TIME, if i wanna log in tomo, the same bug will appears. so far i need to do a full uninstall and reinstall EVERY SINGLE TIME before i can log in, i repeatttttt every single time!!!!!! Im doing this for 2 weeks now :( im about to go insane

imgaine doing all that for every single log in...

and its crazy that it has no real fix :(
"
Quotez77 wrote:
1. Run the "Path of exile" app and let it shows the error
Now, the icon appears in the dock. Close the error message.

2. Go to the folder mentioned in the posts before.
user/username/library/application support/path of exile

3. Delete 2 icons in the folder with the name:
Path of Exile.app!
Path of Exile.app

4. Click the Path of Exile icon in the dock.

Now, I can update the game.

Perfect!! Thank you very much
"
Ghostrix wrote:
This solution appears to be working for me. Thanks!

I have to say, it took me way too long to find my library in this: "user/username/library/application support/path of exile."

After a little search I found this:

In Finder, when you click on the Go menu at the top of the screen, “Library” usually isn’t present on the list. But if you hold down the Option key when you click “Go,” “Library” will appear.

The Option Key is not working for me, I find the library folder by go to your /Username folder/, in Finder right click/Show View Options/Show Library Folder/ and it will present.

Thank a bunch for the solution guys!

Last edited by gravier267 on Sep 18, 2023, 2:01:19 AM
The simplest solution I found way:

1. Go to Applications
2. Right click on PoE icon -> "Show Package Contents"
3. Click to MacOS folder -> Click on PathofExcileClient

That should work.
This is a permission issue, you need to give poe permission in the app management section in settings
My Shop-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/280357

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info