Mac OSX Ventura - item with the same name already exists error - SOLVED

Hello,

since I migrated to MAC OSX Ventura I'm unable to start the game.
If I click on Path Of Exile.app the game tries to launch but I get the error:
(null): “Path of Exile.app” couldn’t be copied to “Path of Exile” because an item with the same name already exists.

Following a couple of suggestions I gave Path Of Exile rights to modify other apps in the new Settings, still didn't fix the issue.
I also renamed the file and the content, still nothing.

I can still run the game if I take out from the Path Of Exile.app the PathOfExileClient.app and run it as standalone application, this anyway will stop working once an updated version will be released.

I also tried to download again the client from the website, didn't help.

Can you please help with the issue?
Last edited by ElBastardPOE on Nov 15, 2022, 7:12:38 AM
Last bumped on Dec 8, 2023, 7:03:31 PM
Full uninstall and clean up the installation folder?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
Full uninstall and clean up the installation folder?

Hi,

indeed a full reinstall was enough, not only deleting the install folder but also a full search of any PoE reference and delete them all.
Now I have to reconfigure all the customised params which will require a little time, but at least I can play.

Hope this will be fixed soon.

Tnks for your help
same happens to me
00a848c9873a0b2ec2d7c6828ca9858b
I am also having the same problem.

i deleted this file "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile.app"

i runed this "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Path of Exile.app!.app"

my problem solved.

I am still having this issue! What am I doing wrong? New update today and it stopped working.
Finally figured it out! Have to go to user/username/library/application support/path of exile. Once there, just delete the entire folder, and delete the application as well. Do a full reinstall then and it should work. If you just uninstall the application without deleting the application support folder it wont work!
Thank you ExileLoopy! It's work
This solution appears to be working for me. Thanks!

I have to say, it took me way too long to find my library in this: "user/username/library/application support/path of exile."

After a little search I found this:

In Finder, when you click on the Go menu at the top of the screen, “Library” usually isn’t present on the list. But if you hold down the Option key when you click “Go,” “Library” will appear.

https://www.howtogeek.com/678112/how-to-find-your-library-folder-on-a-mac/
I think it's not a good way to reinstall entire game with 32GB just to update latest patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info