3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Please, modify Combat Focus so that it "can only chose X element" instead of "cannot chose x element". Having to invest 2 jewel slots to enable a build is very limiting, as Jewel slots are very powerful. I tried to play an int stacker with Lightning Wild Strike, but having to decide between Forbidden Flesh/Flame and keeping Lightning Strike or 2xCombat focus for Wild Strike was not that hard.
hoping for a good league
Ehh... Can't get excited about this [Removed by Support] at all. Not with the shadow of AN looming over everything. Like really... Why do I have to considered what random mods I will encounter before determining my build.

It isn't even worth my time I couldn't even read this whole thing. As I just keep thinking. So, what?!?!? These changes have no effect on what I can and can't play in the game.
Last edited by JC_GGG on Nov 15, 2022, 9:51:05 PM
I don't think there's much I can add here that hasn't already been said, except the obvious: The mods have been working overtime on this thread (I've never seen so many "on probation" notices), and that doesn't "just happen" out of nowhere.

These changes are unneeded, unwelcome, and nobody asked for them. Moreover, it's nerfs all the way to the bottom, no matter how prettily they've been dressed up, but worse, the general sentiment is that there's worse to come. This is based on past experience where a sweeping change like this has meant "compensating" somewhere else.

Finally, I have yet to come across someone who considers predictability a burden when it comes to the unique jewels given as quest rewards. But thanks for the meme line I suppose.

5% of the builds in poe.ninja use Conqueror's Efficiency (even more use the replica). That's more people using that "predictable" jewel than people playing 13 of the available Ascendancies (from Necro at 4% all the way down to Shadow at 0%).

This is an extremely poor start for the 3.20 manifestos, specially in the wake of a very unpopular league.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to add something. Rare items are never a "reward" for anything. These mod pools are so large and so mixed that the chance of getting something good out of it are worse than winning the lottery. You might as well replace the removed quest reward jewels with a "thank you" note. At least that'd have marginal value as a collectible.
Last edited by Walkiry on Nov 15, 2022, 11:16:26 PM
"We're removing tons of unqiue jewels, and nerfing the drop rates of the ones that are left"

I can't wait to fucking never find a unique jewel again...
"
FlexEast wrote:
"We're removing tons of unqiue jewels, and nerfing the drop rates of the ones that are left"

I can't wait to fucking never find a unique jewel again...

well how many if this uniq jewels you find a even worth a time it takes to pick them up
"
lllolll15 wrote:
"
hyyyben wrote:
"
lllolll15 wrote:
fix the loot system. cutting on drop pool wont change anything.

Doubt they will change anything...things drop in bulks.
Alot of random crap has been removed, uniques fall less often.
All in all, its better..
even with reduced loot, then 3.19 has been extremely rewarding in loot.
So i dont see why a boot in loot would benefit the game ??

Define rewarding. I dont understand how this is better and rewarding. Spending hours of time a day farming and chasing the goblin? Picking every items and identify them? Nah,this is not rewarding.

Could print mageblood, squire, headhunter, unnatural instinct, etc everyday before 3.19. The player base numbers already reflect the situation. Many didn't like it. Not everybody can nolife and put 10hours a day to play poe.

Maybe for you dropping raw currency is more exciting but not for me and many other people.

The game became to easy..i guess that was the issue.
If you could get your hands on the best item, without puttin in hard work..then the game is certaintly to easy.
I dont get why youre bothered by the lower drop rates..for me it was refreshing. Felt like i was playing diablo 3, where things are basically handed to you.

The game is harder now. But alot of ppl are still making/ getting the best item in the game in a short period of time. You just have to use different methods..You werent promissed that you could do your same old routine every single league.

To quote Barney Stinson - NEW IS ALWAYS BETTER -
Try and stay positive :-)
Dont even bother to real 56 pages of post. So it might be already been posted but

"expanding the pool of mods available" = more difficult to roll ... ◔_◔

"with less investment" = expanding the mod pool with at least 6 more new mods is how "less" exactly? OK, right we already have 106 mods already (viridian for example). So 5 % more doesnt affect the pool much... ◔_◔

"so that every unique jewel that drops is very rare" = every? unique jewel ... ◔_◔

"many existing unique Jewels have been removed" = seriously? ... ◔_◔

"now when you find a unique Jewel" = if and when ... ◔_◔

"a new set of unique Jewels that are powerful chase items" = a casual player would never see drop ... like me playing since beta and never saw mageblood, headhunter, mirror etc. drop ... ◔_◔

"These can drop from the core pool" = rigth, diluted will ALL the other 100.000+ useless items ... ◔_◔

"we want you to discover this new source on your own" = you serious? ... ◔_◔

"finding a unique Jewel is an exciting experience" = your repeating yourself over and over again "drops is very rare" = "many existing unique Jewels have been removed" = "when you find a unique Jewel" = "powerful chase items" = "drop from core pool" ... ◔_◔

"being added to the pool of rollable Jewel modifiers" = "suprise guys" even more mods in the pool = more difficult to roll ... ◔_◔

"quest rewards now offer a random Rare Jewel" = oh, like a random rare drop? ... ◔_◔

"burdened with predictable unique Jewel quest rewards" = right ... ◔_◔
One of my biggest issues with quest rewards for equipment is that they are largely useless. It would be really nice if they were shown to you unidentified, this way you can possibly get an item you could use other than just given junk.
I feel like shit

lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info