Ruthless FAQ

Path of Exile has a rich space of viable builds. Removing a bunch of options via the stuff talked about in Ruthless Mode still leaves plenty to be explored, and the exploration will be very different. As someone who mostly plays this game to try out lots of stuff, this seems fun.

Path of Exile does not have a rich space of interactive fighting options once you pick a build. You've got a few skills to choose from at any given moment, or you can move. Leaving Movement Skills out of Ruthless Mode seems like a bad choice because it makes an area Path of Exile is already weak in even worse. A less interactive fighting experience is harder, but less interesting.
"
There are not a lot of people who want to start a new league in a mode where you cant even get challenges.. I think this means Ruthless will not even have new league mechanic.
I think you're mistaking Ruthless to be the name of the 3.20 update, but it's an optional setting like Harcore and/or SSF not the actual challenge league itself.
Let’s see how this experimental mode goes :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How many league/core supporter packs in a year when POE1 & 2 coexist?
"
Ticklebear wrote:
Bigger waste of resources than all the badges to the right of this post.

honestly I was going to rip you for being one of those [Removed by Support] that thinks they get to tell grown humans in a private company what they have to work on... But then I saw the wall of supporter packs and just laughed out loud IRL...

Still all those packs don't entitled you to spit, you have literally no leg to stand on feeling entitled for them to do only things that interest you.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 2, 2022, 8:33:35 PM
"
Path of Exile has a rich space of viable builds. Removing a bunch of options via the stuff talked about in Ruthless Mode still leaves plenty to be explored, and the exploration will be very different. As someone who mostly plays this game to try out lots of stuff, this seems fun.

Path of Exile does not have a rich space of interactive fighting options once you pick a build. You've got a few skills to choose from at any given moment, or you can move. Leaving Movement Skills out of Ruthless Mode seems like a bad choice because it makes an area Path of Exile is already weak in even worse. A less interactive fighting experience is harder, but less interesting.

Actually movement skills in POE have trivialized positioning and skill choices. Why use a ray skill when you can teleport into a pack and explode the whole thing instantly? Why carefully approach a dangerous enemy when you can teleport anywhere around it instantly.

Spammy Movement skills literally narrow the design space of competitive skills, and remove pacing by eliminating any downtime between combat. they also allow you to avoid consequences too easily and reliably and thus become absolutely mandatory as well as making active defenses like guard skills, frost wall. phase run and others less relevant or even obviating them in the case of frost wall.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Nov 2, 2022, 8:39:53 PM
so now that "the vision" has it's own mode can we maybe undo the massive loot nerf from 3.19?
I've longed for a way to just get to mapping and skip the core game, but this mode absolutely sounds like the perfect way to get me interested in the core non-mapping experience for the first time since Act 3x.

Gonna drag everyone I know into Ruthless for at least one league. <3
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"

Actually movement skills in POE have trivialized positioning and skill choices. Why use a ray skill when you can teleport into a pack and explode the whole thing instantly? Why carefully approach a dangerous enemy when you can teleport anywhere around it instantly.

Spammy Movement skills literally narrow the design space of competitive skills, and remove pacing by eliminating any downtime between combat. they also allow you to avoid consequences too easily and reliably and thus become absolutely mandatory as well as making active defenses like guard skills, frost wall. phase run and others less relevant or even obviating them in the case of frost wall.

Then don't make them spammy? Keep them in the mode with 300% increased cooldown? This is just pure copium, because the removal of movement skills will cause only a handful of fast builds to be viable. No one wants to play the game with 130% ms. Because not only that you'll be extremely inefficient in maps, you'll die to a lot of stuff which you won't be able to dodge without movement skills. This'll create an environment where everyone's playing inherently fast builds, like a nightblade deadeye.
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 2, 2022, 9:37:38 PM
I guess if you guys didn't mention the Grasping Vines, they will never consider there is such a disgusting debuff in poe.

And if you didn't mention items with movement skills, there will not be such a cooldown penalty to them. Unluckily you did....
Poggies. I am gonna league start with Ruthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info