Ruthless FAQ

Contrary to what you might think about this game mode, it will greatly simplify your PoE gameplay. The player will not be overwhelmed by the enormity of loot with which it is not known what to do
I will buy a stash tab if I can start Ruthless now. Please advise.
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
I am really interested in playing it.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
slavva wrote:
Contrary to what you might think about this game mode, it will greatly simplify your PoE gameplay. The player will not be overwhelmed by the enormity of loot with which it is not known what to do

also it wont have nearly as many league mechanics in your face pulling you in multiple directions at once 2-4 times per map.

The game is literally too bloated with distracting things that don't actually have enough identify or compartmentalization because "heist gives more clusters than Deli" and that sort of thing.

Ruthless makes league drops important again and that makes doing a mirror exciting if you need clusters.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Nice!
"All that fancy sword swinging when all you need is one good stab."
"
Reshemin wrote:
"
alhazred70 wrote:
the reddit straw poll suggests that something close to 40% of players are interested in trying it.

Huh. That suggests that more than 60% of players are not even interested in trying it.

Hmm.

:)

40% is probably significantly more people than have played hardcore or solo self found.

40% is a huge amount of people, i would have expected it to be more like 10%, and that would still be a really solid thumbs up for the effort of making it.
"
Ticklebear wrote:
Bigger waste of resources than all the badges to the right of this post.

Ouch. This comment hurts :)
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Absolutely hyped for this! I'm a big fan of high item scarcity and play a lot of games that let you adjust your own scarcity level.

Two points remain:

1) Since loot drops are very rare, the standard build planning won't work. A single gem or item drop (or lack thereof) could break your plans or open up exciting new possibilities. In itself that sounds awesome. But since currency drops, most importantly regrets, will be rare as well, reskilling will be veeery lengthy or even impossible. Offering a way (even if costly) to reskill under these circumstances would make good drops even more meaningful...

2) What about logout-macros for HC? If the mode is really supposed to be ruthless, they should not be allowed. So I would set a timer on logout in general. Personally, I would prefer to have for example a certain amount of town portal uses available per area/map. The number could slowly increase with the difficulty of the area.
Last edited by Afghani84 on Nov 8, 2022, 9:03:32 AM
God, i've been waiting decades for something like this since there was such mode in the ancient Diablo 2. At last!
Wasting resources on a mode that is being played by probably 0.1% of the players. Genius. Best way to kill the game. Keep on going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info