widescreen resolution removed from the game.

You are incorrect, 2 major core design features of Path of Exile include:

- A Forced MP Trade Economy which means a huge time sink if you want to play the game solo.
- Strangely eSports, race events and ladders where around 10 or so streamers compete.

Your expensive monitor may provide an inherent advantage over other players in this very serious competitive eSport MP game.
"
AmpegV4 wrote:
- A Forced MP Trade Economy which means a huge time sink if you want to play the game solo.
- Strangely eSports, race events and ladders where around 10 or so streamers compete.

Forced ? Not forced whatsoever. I played the game for 6 years without even knowing the trade stuff existed.

Game is NOT designed to be played by 1000 people that compete together. If GGG wish to make a game for only 1000 persons this is a very questionable marketing decision.

My monitor don't offer any competitive advantage since this game is barely multiplayer and not at all played competitively. For those 1000 folk that play it competitively, GGG should maybe address those 1000 people that don't play the game as the other 10's of thousand players do instead of addressing the 10's of thousands for 1000 folk that play it competitively.

Stop trying to convince people POE is a competitive multiplayers game. It is not except for as you said 10 ( or corrected to 1000 ) people !

Edit : Also I'd like to add that saying that a game is a time sink without this or that game tactics is at best a pleonasm ... a game, any game, IS by definition a time sink.

Edit 2 : was told it's about 1000 players, so I changed the numbers in text ... arguments is still the same.
Last edited by Miranina on Nov 29, 2022, 2:02:49 PM
"
Miranina wrote:

My monitor don't offer any competitive advantage since this game is barely multiplayer and not at all played competitively. For those 10 folk that play it competitively, GGG should maybe address those 10 people that don't play the game as the other 10's of thousand players do instead of addressing the 10's of thousands for 10 folk that play it competitively.

Since we're pulling numbers out of our asses here I'd be willing to bet there are easily over 1k people that play this game competitively. You might think it's 10 because it's the same 10 people in the top 10 every league/race.

Bonus
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". Source

Just because you don't play the game the way it was intended doesn't mean others aren't. Just saying.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Miranina wrote:

My monitor don't offer any competitive advantage since this game is barely multiplayer and not at all played competitively. For those 10 folk that play it competitively, GGG should maybe address those 10 people that don't play the game as the other 10's of thousand players do instead of addressing the 10's of thousands for 10 folk that play it competitively.

Since we're pulling numbers out of our asses here I'd be willing to bet there are easily over 1k people that play this game competitively. You might think it's 10 because it's the same 10 people in the top 10 every league/race.

Bonus
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". Source

Just because you don't play the game the way it was intended doesn't mean others aren't. Just saying.

Corrected my post. Argument still stand and is the same : Game is NOT played competitively and not in a multiplayer way. I'll add that even IF ( a very strong IF ) as you said my monitor offer advantage ( that would be EXTREMELY marginal ) in something 1000 players do and I for the life of me do NOT care about, just prevent me of being part of the competition between those 1000 player but don't prevent me of enjoying a game I bought.
"
Miranina wrote:
...but don't prevent me of enjoying a game I bought.

Yeah about that, you didn't "buy" this game. You don't "own" the game or your account, GGG does. You're basically paying to rent the things you paid for. Sorry for being pedantic but it is what it is. :)
Renting something is supposed to be less expensive than buying. I gave more money to GGG for POE than any game I bought in the last 10 years. So yeah I do fit in a position where I "bought" the game.
Sorry, "renting" wasn't the right term, consider it paying for access to features that aren't normally accessible for free. But yeah, I feel you, I'm "invested" too.
Talking about competitive advantage here, since people are bringing it up (and it's really not a competitive advantage to have a widescreen like this) it's a MUCH larger competitive advantage to buy stash tabs for selling and sorting. If the barrier to entry for pay-2-win in this "oh so competitive game" is that the money has to go to GGG vs your hardware manufacturer, then introduce a widescreen MTX that turns on full 32:9 support again.

To be frank, I'd be pissed as hell to do it, but I'd probably buy the thing just so the game doesn't feel like a shoddy piece of work from the 90's all over again.
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Lets be fair, this is a completely different type of issue than that.

yes, it's a completely different issue.

i was just trying to troll a bit and hint at the possibility that widescreen users might not like the "solution" ggg comes up with.

most of the time the community tried to pressure ggg into something, the solution hasn't really helped bringging the game forward.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
Shovelcut wrote:

Lets be fair, this is a completely different type of issue than that.

yes, it's a completely different issue.

i was just trying to troll a bit and hint at the possibility that widescreen users might not like the "solution" ggg comes up with.

most of the time the community tried to pressure ggg into something, the solution hasn't really helped bringging the game forward.

At this point, I don't think they can make it worse unless they shrink the viewable area even more.
Last edited by Smooshfaced on Nov 29, 2022, 9:58:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info