widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
solomanstone wrote:
Revert to 32:9 allowed. Please fix. I know it's a small minority of players but it really does feel bad playing the game on fullscreen now for us.

Nobody elses opinion matters, just us who now have giant black bars on both sides of the screen.

G9 owner here.

+1
Bump.

Fix it, GGG.
A timeframe or statement would be nice.
"
Jocker46 wrote:
"
XeoTech wrote:
"
Jocker46 wrote:
Bump.
"
Jocker46 wrote:

"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

Source

Should theoretically be fixed "in the future"
Except that above "explanation" is a complete lie. The game was functioning properly in 3.18 and also proved to be functional in 3.19 with a 3rd party 32:9 fix by many other players. They hardcoded black bars intentionally to screw over 32:9 users.

We want a statement of timeline so we know whether or not to quit this game forever. Until then, they get zero money from me and I refuse to play leagues or even Standard. Already switched my Steam review to negative. The only reason I log into the game is to run POE in a small window because I am the guild leader of 250 members and have a selling service for multiple clients. I do this on a second monitor while playing other games in 32:9.

Having a blast in Diablo 3 tbh, which supports 32:9
Last edited by XeoTech on Sep 14, 2022, 10:45:31 AM
"
XeoTech wrote:
Except that above "explanation" is a complete lie.

lolwut

invisible projectiles are no lie. why do you think i mentioned this like 10 times now?

"
XeoTech wrote:
The game was functioning properly in 3.18 and also proved to be functional in 3.19 with a 3rd party 32:9 fix by many other players. They hardcoded black bars intentionally to screw over 32:9 users.

visible idle mobs =/= "functional"

"
XeoTech wrote:
We want a statement of timeline so we know whether or not to quit this game forever. Until then, they get zero money from me and I refuse to play leagues or even Standard. Already switched my Steam review to negative. The only reason I log into the game is to run POE in a small window because I am the guild leader of 250 members and have a selling service for multiple clients. I do this on a second monitor while playing other games in 32:9.

Having a blast in Diablo 3 tbh, which supports 32:9

i'm sure they're real upset.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:

i'm sure they're real upset.

They're obviously not as upset as you are.

Do you even own a 49 ultrawide monitor? My guess is no.

We are literally living in your head rent free causing you to come on here daily and troll.

Go outside bro. Thanks for the free bumps of the thread. 👌
Last edited by XeoTech on Sep 14, 2022, 11:02:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info