[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

any ideas on when the tree will be updated for this? been using scion for quite a while and hoping to get in on trickster and see the differences in it.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Quick update, the league mechanic becomes much easier with the new cursing setup.
Even if you get unlucky with boons you can shred the guards.

I just completed the true form of the last boss, it died in 5 seconds on area ilvl 83 but I did have 50% more damage and 30% less monster hp, so without proper boons it will probably take 15 seconds to wipe her.

You don't take any resolve damage in that fight only raw damage, so we get to shine again.

Unavailable

I'm having a bit of a hard time on the league mechanic, was not able to reach even the second boss...

2 cluster jewels, quite decent hunter helmet, full setup on skills and around 8,9k ES so far (Need still to finish the rings and chest armour)

Not sure, maybe is just a skill issue but selfcasting on guards doesn't really kill them fast enough I think. Will try to post a PoB later if it's needed...
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
any ideas on when the tree will be updated for this? been using scion for quite a while and hoping to get in on trickster and see the differences in it.

The only update to the tree is one additionnal skill point on the Whispers of Doom nodes (neessary to get there) that you have to get elsewhere. The rest hasn't changed at all. As for gear, we lost the Kalandra jewellery, but the gear is the same as the ascendant version and the PoB has the old equipment (Astramentis into shaper amulet and synthesized rings).
"
Jimm wrote:
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
Quick update, the league mechanic becomes much easier with the new cursing setup.
Even if you get unlucky with boons you can shred the guards.

I just completed the true form of the last boss, it died in 5 seconds on area ilvl 83 but I did have 50% more damage and 30% less monster hp, so without proper boons it will probably take 15 seconds to wipe her.

You don't take any resolve damage in that fight only raw damage, so we get to shine again.

Unavailable

I'm having a bit of a hard time on the league mechanic, was not able to reach even the second boss...

2 cluster jewels, quite decent hunter helmet, full setup on skills and around 8,9k ES so far (Need still to finish the rings and chest armour)

Not sure, maybe is just a skill issue but selfcasting on guards doesn't really kill them fast enough I think. Will try to post a PoB later if it's needed...

I'm on my second run and my technique is usually to move between each cast. Cast once, move a tiny bit, cast again. If you've played League of Legends, it's the same idea than with the auto attacks.

The enemies move very little (except for the "/$!"/$% masked guy with the smoke), so casting once will deal a lot of damage, as the storm will last for a little while.

The other technique is to keep your cast on the enemy and hit Frostblink whenever an attack is ramping up, but that requires more reflexes.

Most enemies attack in a line, so the cast-move-cast stutter messes with their aim and they barely hit you. It takes some practice though.

Do take some source of recurring resolve/inspiration, as chip damage is inevitable. Relics can help a lot with that.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Concerning blight maps :

You absolutely need the towers. Build clusters of lvl3 Frost, slow and buff (not lvl4! that bricks them) at chokepoint. With those three towers, enemies literally stop in place and wait for you to kill them. If you have some more points, you can build T4 long-range Fireball towers. Annoints on ring should be burning grounds for Fireball towers (damages any mobs and the DOT is strong since they clump in immobile packs) and whatever else. With that setup, you should have no problem. Make sure to use the self-cast staff, as you can target chokepoints and deal more damage.

Concerning farming :

Bossing with invitations took a hit becuase of the removal of Height of Hubris. It's also very spikey. Maps are a great source of income that is more steady and safer.

Heist and expedition seems to be profitable. I refuse to touch either because I don't like them, so I wouldn't know. Abyss is surprisingly profitable with the new nodes and gives great XP.

Personally, I just spec into map nodes that I like (currently Abyss) and it's reasonable profit, if not min-maxed.

Concerning the curse setup :

You don't need more than a 5L for the CWDT link either. You can't add enfeeble, because you cannot apply three curses on the same enemy. The max is two if you have Whispers of Doom.

You can use Vortex for better control over application, Frostblink if you blink a lot and like having some control or Ball lightning if you want to have some range and not think about it. I prefer BL so I don't even need to position for curses, though considering Vortex is our source of Chill, which interacts with a lot of our DPS mechanics, that one could also be good. Just preference.

I personally would not use Frostblink, because it forces you to use the cooldown to rush to a pack or boss to apply. If a big attack (especially bosses) starts just after the blink, you're now on cooldown. I also don't like the application in short-range where you're already on top of the enemy. But if it works for you, it works for you! It's really up to preference, as the stats are the same.

Thanks a lot for advices concerning Blight event! I'll try.
As for curses, i use frostblink very often - we have a GREAT CC because of chill+freeze , just add much movement around targets and that hit the point =)
(i use no vortex no ball lightning now).
As for Enfeeble in 5l, i mean, put the gem into chest manually , when you see that you will encounter a hard-hitting enemies. As usually - just frostbite and ele weakness.
I managed to snarf Arcane Adept on my megalo, meaning I do not need to have an arcane surge gem in my channeling staff.

I'm wondering what to replace it with.

Neither Elemental Focus (no chill/freeze) nor Concentrated Effect (don't want to shrink the AOE) seems like a good idea.

Is there a way to search all possible gems for a dps upgrade without manually clicking on each of them in PoB?'

(I suspect I'll just go with Conc Effect or maybe Energy Leech.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 15, 2022, 8:09:22 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
I managed to snarf Arcane Adept on my megalo, meaning I do not need to have an arcane surge gem in my channeling staff.

I'm wondering what to replace it with.

Neither Elemental Focus (no chill/freeze) nor Concentrated Effect (don't want to shrink the AOE) seems like a good idea.

Is there a way to search all possible gems for a dps upgrade without manually clicking on each of them in PoB?'

(I suspect I'll just go with Conc Effect or maybe Energy Leech.)

Cold penetration comes to mind. You get a lot of added damage without lowering your area of effect.

In PoB, add the bunch of possible gems and disable all of them. After that, you can hover over each "enable" box to see the individual increase in DPS.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 15, 2022, 8:50:31 PM
Thought I already had cold pen. Oh, I had hypothermia. Oops. Thanks!

Right, I know I can add the gems and turn them on/off. The issue is there's no way to say "add possible dps gems that are tagged: spell, elemental" etc.
Yeah we use hypothermia on the channel staff for the extra chill/freeze, so cold pen is available.

I think there's a website that can filter with tags like "cold" or "elemental".

Edit : poedb lets you look at all gems with a given tag.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 15, 2022, 9:54:37 PM
Anyone know what is a best replacement for hypothermia if you cannot get a green socket (got blue instead)?

Tried to spam 200 chromatic orbs on my staff, and the best I can get is 1R-1G-4B. Had to make do with this until i get another 100 orbs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info