[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Graiaule wrote:
?
Tolerance is certainly viable -- check the pastebin I posted. Dps dropped a little bit for the cluster tree.

Maybe we should investigate just how badly the top bosses and uber bosses actually do stun. I agree I'd rather not spend the 4 passives. Maybe just a glove craft is enough.

Doesn't it cut our Split Personnality pathing by about half? Maybe I'm overestimating the drop in ES and Int.

Thing is, with bossing, the stun doesn't do much anyway. The next attack comes after at least 2 seconds usually, so it's really not that bad if you're stunned for a fraction of that. Often, you have 4-5 seconds. I've really never noticed it.
@WinterHiko -- of course I rearranged the passive tree a little bit to avoid the short circuit! Went through Deep Wisdom/Practical Application instead. Gives us more resists so easier to free up a spot for the glove stun immunity craft.
"
Graiaule wrote:
@WinterHiko -- of course I rearranged the passive tree a little bit to avoid the short circuit! Went through Deep Wisdom/Practical Application instead. Gives us more resists so easier to free up a spot for the glove stun immunity craft.

Might have missed that when I checked. What's the DPS/ES loss?

EDIT : Oh I see you went through Witch's start instead of down, keeping the 57 distance to start of SP.

You lose +20int, +20ES, +26% ES and access to ES mastery, but get +16allres, +20mana, +20 spell damage, 5% cast speed, 55% avoid stun while casting and 30 strenght+dex. You get back 3 skill points.

Not ideal, but less catastrophic than I thought. You'd lose 800-1k ES and some damage. I don't think it can be ideal once you have Awakened CwC, but it's a good tree before that. Clever!
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 2, 2022, 3:57:06 PM
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
?
Tolerance is certainly viable -- check the pastebin I posted. Dps dropped a little bit for the cluster tree.

Maybe we should investigate just how badly the top bosses and uber bosses actually do stun. I agree I'd rather not spend the 4 passives. Maybe just a glove craft is enough.

Doesn't it cut our Split Personnality pathing by about half? Maybe I'm overestimating the drop in ES and Int.

Thing is, with bossing, the stun doesn't do much anyway. The next attack comes after at least 2 seconds usually, so it's really not that bad if you're stunned for a fraction of that. Often, you have 4-5 seconds. I've really never noticed it.

Uber Eater, Uber Shaper, Uber Uber Elder and honestly every Uber boss would like to disagree, each one of them will destroy you if you're stunned for half a second.

It doesn't really matter when you're already leeching with max storms on a boss but it sure as hell annoying while mapping or get stunned vs a boss with burst/one shot.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Dec 2, 2022, 3:55:11 PM
Do not forget that we have a natural free 50% to avoid stun because we always have ES. With a 22% cluster and another gear modifier, we already avoid 75% of stuns altogether.

Stun is not half a second. Base is 0.35s and Stampede already has some stun recovery. I was at quarter of a second on my build. 0.23s is not incredibly long. When mapping, it's a hell of a difference beacuse of the interruption of Cyclone, but during a boss fight, it's barely noticeable.

I've done every Uber, even farmed Uber uber Elder for a while, and never even noticed any stun, even when tanking a lot of damage.
Last edited by WinterHiko on Dec 2, 2022, 4:40:02 PM
@Firestrike9 -- you may be forgetting we have overleech. Even if we are unable to act for 0.5 seconds, we're (usually) not going to die in that timeframe.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 2, 2022, 9:20:11 PM
They also removed the mana reservation efficiency mastery for w/e reason so theres also that.
This game is becoming more and more like work.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Dec 3, 2022, 4:22:53 AM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
They also removed the mana reservation efficiency mastery for w/e reason so theres also that.

They didnt, it was just the mana reservation on the Curse mastery cluster now, from Reservation mastery as long ago xD.
Last edited by whiterockxx on Dec 3, 2022, 5:47:12 AM
"
Firestrike9 wrote:

We are able to fit four big auras even without annointing Charisma. Most build have 3-5 auras. There's so much easy reservation available!

This patch we get easy-mode rares and a boost of damage against pinnacles, which take the longest to get into.

What are you talking about?
I'm definetly going to league-start this build, let's see how it goes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info