[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Yamsan wrote:
I have come once again to ask for guidance.
Upgraded almost everything.
Should go for a 6L armor next ig? or enlighten 4 (kinda far away rn)

Helmet does not have %int (Hunter mod).

Rings should still be upgraded to corrupted Heup of Alls. Those two 5%int implicits are going to do some heavy lifting for you.

The implicits on gloves are not the right ones. You want dmg per int and Unnerve on hit. You already have exposure on your Awakened Cold Penetration gem (once it's leveled up) and Unnerve is 10% increased damage taken, which is huge.

The rolls on your gloves explicits are not great either.

Don't forget to quality your gems. You can vendor lvl20 support gems with a single Gemcutter Prisms to put them back at level 1, but with 20% quality. You can also just buy them at 20/20 or 21/20.

Get int/ES Split Personnalities. It's going to give you a big chunk of extra ES.

Get Blanketed Snow on both your clusters. That's a big chunk of dmaage right there.

Leftmost jewel should be a conversion jewel. It hits three strength nodes, so it's about 50int. Same on right side of tree, you can get 40 int by converting dex nodes. If you have trouble with dex requirements, you have some room on your gloves to roll it.

Check in PoB, but +5int per mastery is probably better than %attributes on that attributes mastery.

Allocate Instability ASAP (extra Power Charge on top).

Get a better Watcher's Eye. The second mod is not very useful. Hatred mods can be costly, but you could get on the cheap the current Clarity mod + max mana as ES, for example, then switch to a Hatred mod later on.

Deep wisdom is usually on of the last points you allocate. Make sure there isn't something that provides more damage (like the Doom Cast wheel, for example).

Hope that helps!

Ok thanks that a lot to work with

I allocated deep wisdom because of the MSR , I need it for hatred.

Le helps are worse than my left one and right I need for res rn.
Gloves I need to replace yeah. Also is the unnever/int implicit really rare? I've used like 30+ of them combined and haven't hit either.
Deep Wisdom doesn't give mana reservation efficiency. It's the int mana es node.

Two Heups would give you 50%+ allres. If you replace both you should be fine.

Unnerve on hit is about 1-2%.
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've played poe a few times but never truly broke into the endgame, so I mostly don't know things.

I've got to 2 watchstones and kind of managing to do t16s but I get oneshot _so much_ I'm barely managing to level. I also feel like my damage is falling behind.

This is where I'm at: https://pobb.in/jXXMQrJ2URSz

I have a chestpiece in the making which would put it to 22k ehp once I manage to get the sockets/links on it (although I won't be able to put the 6% int craft on it as no open suffix.. and also don't have the craft) and I have the other cluster jewel crafted, just don't have the skillpoints.

Any advice on where to go next? Thanks!
"
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I've played poe a few times but never truly broke into the endgame, so I mostly don't know things.

I've got to 2 watchstones and kind of managing to do t16s but I get oneshot _so much_ I'm barely managing to level. I also feel like my damage is falling behind.

I have a chestpiece in the making which would put it to 22k ehp once I manage to get the sockets/links on it (although I won't be able to put the 6% int craft on it as no open suffix.. and also don't have the craft) and I have the other cluster jewel crafted, just don't have the skillpoints.

1. You need to fix your chest. Mine cost me 14c, yes it was a snipe.

2. Buy "of Hillock's Veil" chests until you get the % increased attributes craft.

Your effective EHP is about half of mine; no wonder you get one-shot. Note I got rings with good max ES as well as int. Every little bit helps. Focus on your chest though. That's terrible. Check around page 108 for how to craft a killer chest for a divine or two, depending on your luck. There are lots of 51+ int ilvl 84+ synth sadist garbs up for sale (or pick ilvl 79+ if you don't want T1 resist. Don't drop below 79.)
"

You need an armor with 300ES and 1200 Evasion to ensure big enough ES. Don't use items with Max life. We don't benefit from it since we are using CI. Check again gearing guide section for more details.

I'd suggest to change your split personality jewels with Int/Evasion not armor (or Int/ES if you have the budget). We relay mostly on evasion and ES leech to survive, so I don't think armor is very benefitial for this build.

You need to allocate the ES mastery under the Foresight node.
Last edited by Mumuzet on Apr 4, 2024, 5:20:11 AM
"
Graiaule wrote:
"

1. You need to fix your chest. Mine cost me 14c, yes it was a snipe.

2. Buy "of Hillock's Veil" chests until you get the % increased attributes craft.

Your effective EHP is about half of mine; no wonder you get one-shot. Note I got rings with good max ES as well as int. Every little bit helps. Focus on your chest though. That's terrible. Check around page 108 for how to craft a killer chest for a divine or two, depending on your luck. There are lots of 51+ int ilvl 84+ synth sadist garbs up for sale (or pick ilvl 79+ if you don't want T1 resist. Don't drop below 79.)

Thank you, that's useful - I'll take a look at crafting it.

Do you have any advice on the damage side of things (or would you mind sharing your avg hit for either the boss or map clear setup)? It feels like I'm missing a lot on that side as well.
"
Mumuzet wrote:
"

You need an armor with 300ES and 1200 Evasion to ensure big enough ES. Don't use items with Max life. We don't benefit from it since we are using CI. Check again gearing guide section for more details.

I'd suggest to change your split personality jewels with Int/Evasion not armor (or Int/ES if you have the budget). We relay mostly on evasion and ES leech to survive, so I don't think armor is very benefitial for this build.

You need to allocate the ES mastery under the Foresight node.

Oh wow I've totally missed the node, thanks!

I took the armor jewels since I managed to get them for half the price of the evasion ones, plus based on PoB if I replaed them _now_ i'd lose 2.4k ehp. I think eventually I'll have to replace them as you suggested though.
So, I was wondering something...

Whenever I enter in a new area, my ES shows as half full. Is that happening to anyone else too?
"

Do you have any advice on the damage side of things (or would you mind sharing your avg hit for either the boss or map clear setup)? It feels like I'm missing a lot on that side as well.

It's just a bunch of little things that multiply off each other.

%int implicits on rings.

%int on helmet.

20% quality on gems.

dmg per int on gloves.

Unnerve on hit.

Remember : if you have five stats that multiply off each other at 80% of the max power, you might feel like you're close to getting full damage. However, 80% * 80% * 80% * 80% * 80% = 0.33%. That 20% missing everywhere becomes 66%. It's just a way to show how little incremental changes that seem low on their face value add up multiplicatively to make a huge difference. And we have a lot of multiplicative sources of damage in this build : int, %int, crit chance, crit damage, increased damage taken, increased damage, more damage from each gem, etc.

To kill all Pinnacle bosses confortably, 150k damage on the boss staff is a good benchmark. Depending on your skill, you can probably get away with 100k. You know you've hit a really good damage number at 750k and should be able to do Ubers confortably.

A good rule of thumb on actual DPS in a bossfight is 8 times your average hit. That is about two storms on the boss on average. Against immobile bosses, it's going to be higher, but that gives you a general idea. For example, at 150k damage, you can expect to consistently deal 1.3M, 1.4M DPS, often more. That should be enough to kill Maven or Uber Elder. At 750k, you'll deal about the same damage to Ubers after the 70% reduction.
"
Bellaluna1722 wrote:
So, I was wondering something...

Whenever I enter in a new area, my ES shows as half full. Is that happening to anyone else too?

Does it go up or stays stuck at 50%?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info