[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

What they mean is that this is what you should allocate with your last six skill points if you level beyond 94. You shouldn't unallocate anything for these.

On the right cluster, if you allocate efficiently, you should reach the two jewel slots and the appropriate notables. That means there should be some unallocated small nodes. Depending on your cluster's modifiers, they could be more efficient than allocating Doom Cast.

Don't allocate the last nodes on your Split Personnalities cluster, because it will reduce the path length to one or both of your SPs and reduce the int/ES bonus.

Love this build, picked it back up after not using it for a few league (my mistake, nothing ever came close to replicating this build's strengths).

Question though - anything I can do to up my damage? Defense is fine I think, but I just can't get the damage to be competitive with Inq PB or Inq energy blade cyc/arc. Is that just because Inq is beyond juiced up this league? Or am I doing something dumb? Appreciate any advice, especially this deep into the league. Thanks for the amazing build!

https://pobb.in/uODnHY7xG9T9
May be you could try an ammy with that "1% Increased damage for 15 int" modifier. It's not very expensive to craft right now. There is a very detailed explanation in the "Main uprgade path section" of the build guide.
Last edited by Mumuzet on Feb 13, 2024, 12:01:01 PM
"
Mumuzet wrote:
May be you could try an ammy with that "1% Increased damage for 15 int" modifier. It's not very expensive to craft right now. There is a very detailed explanation in the "Main uprgade path section" of the build guide.

POB mostly shows a DPS loss there because I'd have to give up the 35% Crit Strike Multiplier, which seems to provide more than the 1% per 15 Int affix.

Damage isn't bad by any stretch, and I still need to quality some gems, but was hoping I was missing some obvious big gain somewhere.
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:

POB mostly shows a DPS loss there because I'd have to give up the 35% Crit Strike Multiplier, which seems to provide more than the 1% per 15 Int affix.

Damage isn't bad by any stretch, and I still need to quality some gems, but was hoping I was missing some obvious big gain somewhere.

My PoB shows 3.5% damage increase with Lapis Amulet that have only 14% increased int and damage/15int mods. And Tranquility anointed. Much more if you get flat int as well.

My guess is amulet you are comparing your current to is missing ether %increased int or Tranquility.
Spot on, thank you. Now to decide if the marginal gain is worth it or not. Market is bare, would need to craft myself I guess.

Appreciate the help, thank you!

I've probably been broken by Penance Brand. That gem is just way too strong.

EDIT - I'll add, this amulet provide a similar DPS gain. Is it possible we're sleeping on Crit Multiplier as an affix here? I am dumb when it comes to builds and math, so very likely I'm wrong.

Last edited by Lord_Bakaxan on Feb 13, 2024, 3:32:38 PM
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:
Spot on, thank you. Now to decide if the marginal gain is worth it or not. Market is bare, would need to craft myself I guess.

Appreciate the help, thank you!

I've probably been broken by Penance Brand. That gem is just way too strong.

EDIT - I'll add, this amulet provide a similar DPS gain. Is it possible we're sleeping on Crit Multiplier as an affix here? I am dumb when it comes to builds and math, so very likely I'm wrong.

I think it is because of the flat Intelligence in those amulets and you don't understand just how strong stat Intelligence, both % increase and flat increase, is for this build. And you are wrongly thinking that damage comes from crit multiplier. Your current amulet has 62 flat int and that Pandemonium Choker has 95 flat int. On top of the 18% increased synth mod.

The 3.5% I said was has only following mods:

Tranquility
36 Intelligence (Implicit mod for Lapis Amulet)
14% increased Intelligence
1% increased damage per 15 Intelligence

If you add extra flat int mods on it, the damage goes up quite significantly.

For example take the Apocalypse Pendant, your current amulet.
If you remove the 62 int from it, you loose 8% damage.
If you remove the crit multiplier from it, you loose 5% damage.
If you remove the crit multiplier and add %damage/15int you gain 11.3% damage.

Last is not possible in game as it is synth amulet, but you can get 14% increased in as suffix.

Playing with PoB, 35% crit multiplier is worth as much as 40 flat int or 6% increased int. (With your gear, damage only, not counting extra ES)
Last edited by Cjin on Feb 13, 2024, 5:33:29 PM
Appreciate the detailed reply and breakdown, makes total sense. Thank you!
"
Lord_Bakaxan wrote:
Appreciate the detailed reply and breakdown, makes total sense. Thank you!

One more thing against crit multiplier is, that it is a suffix mod.

Suffixes you want are:
Resistances
Int mods, both flat and %
Other attribute mods, Str, Dex, All attributes and %all attributes

In this league, because the +Str/Int mod in charms is the best mod, you get pretty much all the Str you need from charms. But once you don't have those charm anymore you need to spend even more suffix spots in gear to get Dex/Str needed to wear the gear. You probably need to use Agate amulet (Str/Int implict) or Tutquoise amulet (Dex/Int implict) instead of Lapis as base to have enough Str&Dex. There is just little to no room to use suffixes for other stuff. You likely need to use low(er) level Immortal Call and Increased Duration just to get the Str requirement lower.
Last edited by Cjin on Feb 13, 2024, 11:41:40 PM
Anyone has any tips on the best way to fresh start an HCSSF Trickster that could transition into CI+Whispering Ice after farming and acquiring the gear?

I used to play Whispering Ice ages ago and I would like to make it work in HCSSF for a fresh start.

Any ideas on a build I could use to level and transition into a map farming build that could then transition into CI/Whispering Ice once I find it?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info