[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
kasar_dobi wrote:
I've been getting alot of questions on how to craft the staff so here is a step by step guide. Keep in mind that this is a very lengthy and annoying craft to do and takes about 15-20 div to make. The good thing is, since you can split the item, you will have two staffs at the cost of one.

Step 1:

Gather some Vile Staff bases

Step 2:

Gather any warstaff bases with t4 node either 10% STR/10% INT or 10% DEX/10% INT

Step 3:

Combine the t4 node staffs onto the vile staffs and make about 4-10 Vile staff bases with the correct node on it. Make sure to watch the video in one of the above posts to understand which nodes can connect to which bases.

Step 4:

Now you should have 4-10 Vile staffs with the t4 %10 INT node. Now gather some warstaff bases with T3 node %10 INT and 10% STR if you have DEX on your main base, or the other way around if you have STR on your main base. Keep in mind we are not allocating any nodes for now as it takes alot of time to farm t3/t4 node xp and the time value of this is not worth it. Combine the warstaff bases you gathered onto the Vile staff bases you have from before. Your aim is to get a single Vile staff with T3 and T4 nodes intact. Once you get one of these, you can discard the rest of the bases.

Step 5:

Allocate T3 and T4 nodes on your succesful base and imprint the weapon. Gather some warstaff bases with T2 serpent dance on it. Allocate the T2 nodes on these bases with T2 Serpent dance. Combine the staff with serpent dance onto the vile staff. If it fails, rever your weapon with the imprint and make a new imprint for the weapon. Keep doing this until you get T2-T3-T4 as desired.

Step 6:

Allocate T2-T3-T4 on your main weapon and imprint it. Find bases with T1 node %6 attr and increased damage and combine them onto the main staff. Imprint if fails and keep trying.

Step 7:

Now you have the tree you want. Get the weapon to 30% quality, 6 sockets, and some white sockets preferred. Add desired influence and awaken it with another influence to make it cool :) Now split the weapon into two with split beast.

Step 8:

Now you have two weapons with desired trees. Spam orb of chance/scour on them until they upgrade to Whispering Ice and you're done!

To anyone following this, you cannot split influenced items DO NOT influence it before you split.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 17, 2023, 5:57:33 PM
Hey guys,

Working on upgrading my build. Would anyone be kind enough to look at my build and offer advice for what to start with next? I have a crafted amulet but can not use it yet.

I would link it but not sure how (Would be glad to if someone could give me the steps).

Here is my build:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/PureHavok/HavokGoesBrrrr?i=0&search=name%3Dhavokgoes

Currently need to work on getting more dex and strength so I can switch to the amulet.

Also, I noticed some of you are able to use Hatred along with clarity and purity of elements. I only have about 80 mana when I do that, is that enough to consistantly cast icestorm and still be able to use our other skills as well? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
"
Firestrike9 wrote:
"
kasar_dobi wrote:
I've been getting alot of questions on how to craft the staff so here is a step by step guide. Keep in mind that this is a very lengthy and annoying craft to do and takes about 15-20 div to make. The good thing is, since you can split the item, you will have two staffs at the cost of one.

Step 1:

Gather some Vile Staff bases

Step 2:

Gather any warstaff bases with t4 node either 10% STR/10% INT or 10% DEX/10% INT

Step 3:

Combine the t4 node staffs onto the vile staffs and make about 4-10 Vile staff bases with the correct node on it. Make sure to watch the video in one of the above posts to understand which nodes can connect to which bases.

Step 4:

Now you should have 4-10 Vile staffs with the t4 %10 INT node. Now gather some warstaff bases with T3 node %10 INT and 10% STR if you have DEX on your main base, or the other way around if you have STR on your main base. Keep in mind we are not allocating any nodes for now as it takes alot of time to farm t3/t4 node xp and the time value of this is not worth it. Combine the warstaff bases you gathered onto the Vile staff bases you have from before. Your aim is to get a single Vile staff with T3 and T4 nodes intact. Once you get one of these, you can discard the rest of the bases.

Step 5:

Allocate T3 and T4 nodes on your succesful base and imprint the weapon. Gather some warstaff bases with T2 serpent dance on it. Allocate the T2 nodes on these bases with T2 Serpent dance. Combine the staff with serpent dance onto the vile staff. If it fails, rever your weapon with the imprint and make a new imprint for the weapon. Keep doing this until you get T2-T3-T4 as desired.

Step 6:

Allocate T2-T3-T4 on your main weapon and imprint it. Find bases with T1 node %6 attr and increased damage and combine them onto the main staff. Imprint if fails and keep trying.

Step 7:

Now you have the tree you want. Get the weapon to 30% quality, 6 sockets, and some white sockets preferred. Add desired influence and awaken it with another influence to make it cool :) Now split the weapon into two with split beast.

Step 8:

Now you have two weapons with desired trees. Spam orb of chance/scour on them until they upgrade to Whispering Ice and you're done!

To anyone following this, you cannot split influenced items DO NOT influence it before you split.

Uhh, I'm really sorry about that. Hope it didn't cause much damage. Editing it now.
"
PureHavok wrote:
Hey guys,

Working on upgrading my build. Would anyone be kind enough to look at my build and offer advice for what to start with next? I have a crafted amulet but can not use it yet.

I would link it but not sure how (Would be glad to if someone could give me the steps).

Here is my build:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/PureHavok/HavokGoesBrrrr?i=0&search=name%3Dhavokgoes

Currently need to work on getting more dex and strength so I can switch to the amulet.

Also, I noticed some of you are able to use Hatred along with clarity and purity of elements. I only have about 80 mana when I do that, is that enough to consistantly cast icestorm and still be able to use our other skills as well? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

You need to annoint Charisma.
Charisma or 3rd lvl enlighten and take left reservation nodes
"
archwerewolf wrote:
Charisma or 3rd lvl enlighten and take left reservation nodes

I don't think you need to get extra reservation nodes once you get enlighten. Not sure about level 3 but with level 4 you don't.
Hey guys! I'm trying my best to duplicate Kelvynn's build. Although there are still some missing enchantments (like those in the gloves and armor) I feel like my damage is still lacking.

Is the Forbidden Flesh / Flame really that powerful? Both are so expensive right now so perhaps any suggestions for temporary replacements would be great.

I would appreciate it if you could look at my build, any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Not to bad for the first try. Now i can run zealotry instead of Discipline.
Next step block 1 prefix and double exalt? Not to experienced in crafting

The passive tree alone is 60% MORE damage, completely bonkers.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 18, 2023, 8:58:51 AM
well me unlucky, can't even get t3-t4 nodes xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info