[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
blackbox0121 wrote:
Nice, also wonder if the key node from the crucible tree stacks if it's already allocated in character skill tree.

No, it's still the same thing. Just like allocating a notable/keystone on the tree and anointing it won't get you 2 stacking copies of it.
"
gawdqt wrote:
i have the issue, that the mana reservation for my auras is higher then it should be. therefore i cant run clarity/discipline/purity of elements.

all 3 are in my helmet, no support gems attached. does anyone see why?
https://imgur.com/a/cfodz2D

Yeah, something is increasing your mana reservation. If there are no support gems connected, then check the mods in the helmet itself. Or maybe you took some crucible node on your weapon? Or some wrong mastery on the skill tree?
its an crucible node -> "25% reduced reservation efficiency of skills"

welp

I bought the base for 8div and chanced it within 50 tries, some insane luck lol, saved my finger/wrist.

I wonder is "serpent stance" better or a flat 1.5% crit.

"
kasar_dobi wrote:
I've been getting alot of questions on how to craft the staff so here is a step by step guide. Keep in mind that this is a very lengthy and annoying craft to do and takes about 15-20 div to make. The good thing is, since you can split the item, you will have two staffs at the cost of one.

Step 1:

Gather some Vile Staff bases

Step 2:

Gather any warstaff bases with t4 node either 10% STR/10% INT or 10% DEX/10% INT

Step 3:

Combine the t4 node staffs onto the vile staffs and make about 4-10 Vile staff bases with the correct node on it. Make sure to watch the video in one of the above posts to understand which nodes can connect to which bases.

Step 4:

Now you should have 4-10 Vile staffs with the t4 %10 INT node. Now gather some warstaff bases with T3 node %10 INT and 10% STR if you have DEX on your main base, or the other way around if you have STR on your main base. Keep in mind we are not allocating any nodes for now as it takes alot of time to farm t3/t4 node xp and the time value of this is not worth it. Combine the warstaff bases you gathered onto the Vile staff bases you have from before. Your aim is to get a single Vile staff with T3 and T4 nodes intact. Once you get one of these, you can discard the rest of the bases.

Step 5:

Allocate T3 and T4 nodes on your succesful base and imprint the weapon. Gather some warstaff bases with T2 serpent dance on it. Allocate the T2 nodes on these bases with T2 Serpent dance. Combine the staff with serpent dance onto the vile staff. If it fails, rever your weapon with the imprint and make a new imprint for the weapon. Keep doing this until you get T2-T3-T4 as desired.

Step 6:

Allocate T2-T3-T4 on your main weapon and imprint it. Find bases with T1 node %6 attr and increased damage and combine them onto the main staff. Imprint if fails and keep trying.

Step 7:

Now you have the tree you want. Get the weapon to 30% quality, 6 sockets, and some white sockets preferred. Add desired influence and awaken it with another influence to make it cool :) Now split the weapon into two with split beast.

Step 8:

Now you have two weapons with desired trees. Spam orb of chance/scour on them until they upgrade to Whispering Ice and you're done!
PoB is wrong regarding the -3% crit chance mod, I tested it in game using vortex and ball lightning.

With the -3% crit chance staff - 21% crit chance.
Without the -3% crit chance staff - 21% crit chance.

It only affects the weapons local crit and NOT spell crit.

proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHC0dreZF4

edit: just saw Kelvynn already tested as well.
Last edited by Firestrike9 on Apr 17, 2023, 3:04:11 PM

to confirm once again

the -crit is LOCAL look at the weapon crit chance (proof)

the GLOBAL CRITICAL STRIKE MULTIPLER is where its at. absolutely the best node, another node thats consider going after is the 16% chance to do double dmg if under 100 strength.

otherwise the total added 26% int is pretty rock solid in pure dmg and sheer energyshield gain

Edit: with the increased int/energy shield this gives, i will most likely redo the tree.

Its 100% worth getting the evasion/energy mastery 1% evasion per 5 int.
other option is ditching some pathing and grabbing the huge crit multi cluster
Last edited by Ruggaard on Apr 17, 2023, 2:51:23 PM
good to know that, look likes the 2nd node on my weapon (+1.5% crit) is useless then...

"
Ruggaard wrote:

to confirm once again

the -crit is LOCAL look at the weapon crit chance (proof)

the GLOBAL CRITICAL STRIKE MULTIPLER is where its at. absolutely the best node, another node thats consider going after is the 16% chance to do double dmg if under 100 strength.

otherwise the total added 26% int is pretty rock solid in pure dmg and sheer energyshield gain

Edit: with the increased int/energy shield this gives, i will most likely redo the tree.

Its 100% worth getting the evasion/energy mastery 1% evasion per 5 int.
other option is ditching some pathing and grabbing the huge crit multi cluster
I was looking for a good second cluster jewel and the few that I could find seemed sub-optimal and overpriced. So I switched to using Hatred instead for just the cost of Charisma anoint. Same huge damage boost and just a little more EHP, too. I was doing ok before, this upgrade should allow me to reliably tackle any content until I can go for the more expensive gear for another power boost.
"
good to know that, look likes the 2nd node on my weapon (+1.5% crit) is useless then...

defo not useless,
if u are using hatred it will crit cap you :)
"
SGBye wrote:
Hey, thanks for sharing! Could you please take a look at my pob? I seem to have x3 LESS dps than you, although trying to follow as close as I can.

Also I struggle pretty hard on resistances, and I can't see where u've got yours on a tree. I suppose, it's all about cluster small passive skills and some tree improvements, but not sure.

https://pobb.in/v9HKBp54excT

About resistences you are missing few points:

- Faith and Steel that gives 8% all res
- Losing 3 endurance charges from acessories that give +12 all resist
- You are using shavs revelation, wich gives no resist
- You should look for resist and attibutes like str if needed in your clusters

About damage:

You are missing

- Critical mastery wich gives +3 to all critical gems
- lvl 21 inspiration, with addeded by +1 fromn WI and the +3 from mastery, will give you +5% damage
- You are missing Frostbite curse that i have on ring!
- Missing a watcher's eye that could be penetration or crit chance while affected by hatred
- you are missing the alternate quality type and right level/quality of the gems!
- you are missing the right eater implicit on the gloves

There are many details that you dont take in consideration while following, but each detail counts like the gems. Every gem 20/23 or 21/20 and especific alt quality have a reason to improve damage or QoL :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info