[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Darkscis wrote:

"
pat_hibulaire wrote:

i'm french and in France wish luck to someone bring bad luck

so i'm not wishing you goodluck but, as we say in france, the heart is there

about farming, this is the first time i have to ask myself this kind of questions because this is the first i have a so powerful build
i choose harbinger and altar, put all my atlas points in those and i have to say im very disapointed. Harbinger brings me chaos shards basically, and altar nothing more than usual crap
i know i have to be patient but next league with the reset i will definitely try other mechanics to farm

Don't feel bad - I got baited into Harbinger last league when they introduced the fracture shards. It was terrible compared to other options. You can re-spec your tree quite easily using orbs of unmaking.

ahahah exactly the same for me, i dropped a fractured shard one time and get into this harbinger's farming

we're way to weak my friend xDD
"
blackbox0121 wrote:
Thank you, this is smart. Never thought it would come from regular vile staff and chancing!
But it could turn into a different unique from chancing right?

nope, only unique version of vile staff is whispering ice
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

The node that gives -3% crit chance - are we sure it won't affect Icestorm?

pob shows its affect, it's shows -32% crit chance for me without lowlife. it doesn't matter on lowlife cause still 100% crit chance but we need to put to 50% bosses

so i think best possible variant 6% attr/increased global damage + some passive node like counterweight or steelwood or smth useful, and double +10/10% str-dex/int

Thanks! So then the best option for the T2 node is Serpent Stance (or Counterweight if you are using Whiterock's tree)

Actually... I just ran some tests in game.

First, with a staff that has this exact modifier:

I put Frostblink and Vortex in it and checked their offensive stats in game with and without allocating this node. Both spells gained +100% crit multi but their crit chance remained the same.

Icestorm is not a socketed gem. So just to be sure, I found a WI with a similar mod:

Allocating and unallocating the 2nd node didn't change Icestorm's crit chance at all.

The main hand melee attack crit chance did change. This mod must be a local weapon mod then.

So it appears that this node is safe to take. And it should result in more damage than Serpent Stance/Counterweight.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2023, 10:46:56 AM
well very strange that not affect...
if really not than it's OP )
"
archwerewolf wrote:
well very strange that not affect...
if really not than it's OP )

As a general rule, if it doesn't say 'Global' or 'for Spells' then it's a local weapon mod affecting only melee attacks with that weapon.
"
whiterockxx wrote:
Firts week recap

I started with the PoB that i shared here one day before the league start, as budget version

- Stoped acts at lvl 52 to do heists (when first coin dropped Act 6)
- Went from 52 to 65 only doing heists
- After hit 65 and earn a bunch of chaos and others orbs turn back to acts
- Few hours after hit maps and kept the 3 herald + 3 auras setup
- After reach lvl 83 swaped to WI low budget setup!
- As i planned, was a good league start!

Until maps tier 10 before WI transition the progression was smooth with few deaths here and there because of the Crucible OP monsters but was fine.

Even after i changed to WI, i kept clearing maps using Frost Blink + Herald of Ice as main skill, and Icestorm only on essences and Hard Rare mobs and Bosses.

To me, This setup was amazng and i really recommend... clear maps extremly fast and make a good wealth. A pleasant gameplay!

With this same setup, on the evening of sunday 9th did the voidstone pinnacle bosses.

Now i'm lvl 100 on a High Budget setup, made all endgame content, including few Uber Pinnacle and the setup is very good!

Something i want to share here that i learn this league!

- 4 Link Herald and few nodes of inc AoE are awesome! make the gameplay much more fun.

I have 2 pairs of The Stamped 1 to do Ubers and 1 to clear maps and i respec 3 points to get Enigmatic Reach when mapping (you must try this!)

Exemple of the pairs that i'm using:

You guys can checkout the character progression on poe ninja and try the same cheap setup for yourself!

Updated PoB: https://pobb.in/RKF3KuitMdHW

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/whiterockxx/White_WhisperiNice

Auras:

For Map : Hatred + Purity of Elements + Zealotry + lvl20 Clarity + 4L Herald of Ice.

For Ubers : Hatred + Purity of Elements + Zealotry + lvl20 Clarity + Skitter Bots + Precision.

I'm here to help, if you are interested in this you can wisp me in game or ask here.

Hey, thanks for sharing! Could you please take a look at my pob? I seem to have x3 LESS dps than you, although trying to follow as close as I can.

Also I struggle pretty hard on resistances, and I can't see where u've got yours on a tree. I suppose, it's all about cluster small passive skills and some tree improvements, but not sure.

https://pobb.in/v9HKBp54excT
Last edited by SGBye on Apr 17, 2023, 11:40:12 AM
Nice, also wonder if the key node from the crucible tree stacks if it's already allocated in character skill tree.

"
archwerewolf wrote:
"
blackbox0121 wrote:
Thank you, this is smart. Never thought it would come from regular vile staff and chancing!
But it could turn into a different unique from chancing right?

nope, only unique version of vile staff is whispering ice
Nice amu, it's weird haven't seen such an amu on the market yet...

Indeed the crit build bossing dps is crazy. Uber Maven just melts and I farmed 100 over the weekend but the drops were horrible. I lost some divs from doing that lol.
I only use one curse and your build with Anathema is just much higher dps with so many curses. Is it hard to apply the curse in boss fight as they move frequently.

"
archwerewolf wrote:
well
with dat staff but counterweight instead of serpent stance, and amulet something like that(old characer)
and annoint it with mystic talents
on my char it can reach 3.9m avg hit vs 51-99% hp boss (5 sec stationary + 10 sec chill) and 6m avg hit vs low life boss.

crazy shit)

ok, proced downgrade, so 40 challenges done xD

i'm very excited with crit trickster version of our build. so smooth play)
"
blackbox0121 wrote:
Nice amu, it's weird haven't seen such an amu on the market yet...

Indeed the crit build bossing dps is crazy. Uber Maven just melts and I farmed 100 over the weekend but the drops were horrible. I lost some divs from doing that lol.
I only use one curse and your build with Anathema is just much higher dps with so many curses. Is it hard to apply the curse in boss fight as they move frequently.

only mark casting, 3 curses by vortex, not so hard
first of all thanks for the great guide, have been following it and its fun and got me actually "hooked" on poe

i have the issue, that the mana reservation for my auras is higher then it should be. therefore i cant run clarity/discipline/purity of elements.

all 3 are in my helmet, no support gems attached. does anyone see why?
https://imgur.com/a/cfodz2D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info