[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
droshi wrote:

I appreciate the help others have given, again, the poe.ninja link really tells all that only 2 people have gotten over 1m dps for this build.

As you saw on poe.ninja, my dps is 1.6M... but its wrong. This is the damage per shard, because the icestorm damage is displayed as this on game tooltip.

The icestorm skill do:
1 impact per storm every 0.2 seconds;
can have up to 5 storms simultaneously.

So the real dps should be up to the calc:
(x storm per sec)*(y number of storms)*(z dmg per shard);

My real DPS shoul be around:
(1/0.2)*(5)*(1.6M) = 40M DPS
If all shards hit the same target!
Last edited by whiterockxx on Feb 3, 2023, 3:23:32 AM
finally got around to killing the elder and shaper yesterday.

elder, well, normal elder was an almost eyes closed fight. super easy and my es pretty much never even moved.

shaper, i could almost tank his beam. had to move out of it but had plenty of time. the slam, es never even flickered for that. not as easy as the elder but still easy.

when i finally get my gear done i will be moving into the upper bosses. i still need to craft a set of rings, make a better belt that has aspect, get better gems with quality, general gear tweaks, and cap my resistances. i deviated in the passive tree a bit as i was always struggling to get strength and dexterity. but that will be fixed with gear tweaks
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
I have done Sirius today. 3 deaths but its was my 2nd ever. (1st failed). Build is very good. I have 12k es. My armor is the weakest part in my gear I think. Today Ill try sirius at 85lvl after work.
Really loving this build. I do have one question. Ghost Dance is just two points away. Would grabbing this be beneficial to stopping the rare occasional one-shots? My current ES is 6,156 and my Evasion rating is 9,055, so it covers the entire ES. Any opinions on Ghost Dance?
"
rednab007 wrote:
Really loving this build. I do have one question. Ghost Dance is just two points away. Would grabbing this be beneficial to stopping the rare occasional one-shots? My current ES is 6,156 and my Evasion rating is 9,055, so it covers the entire ES. Any opinions on Ghost Dance?

No because as you improve your gear your ES will rise to well above your evasion rating.
Curious, how are you guys dealing with sanctum, if you're doing it at all on this build. Are there any tips and tricks you've picked up?
"
Chridian wrote:
Curious, how are you guys dealing with sanctum, if you're doing it at all on this build. Are there any tips and tricks you've picked up?

Swap frostblink for ball lightning, and play carefully. Read/watch the various Sanctum guides.

In other words, Sanctum isn't faceroll for this build -- it's a challenge, but doable.

The key is to get good relics first before pushing red sanctums (just like the guides say.)
We had the DPS discussion in the past, and I finally added the note into the Build Theory that should stop the DPS questions.

Icestorm DPS vs stationary target =~ 23 * Average Hit

There used to be a totally wrong number for Icestorm DPS shown in PoB (something like Avg Hit * 3) that seems to be gone in the current version. And I don't know how poe.ninja calculates the number it shows for 'DPS' but that's not accurate either.

The most accurate number you can get is from PoB. Look at the Average Hit and multiply that by 23. But the Configuration must be set correctly. And you should always specify the target: is it a regular boss, a Shaper/Guardian, or an Uber boss? They have different levels of mitigation.

My videos have the options set for each specific target in the attached PoB snapshots, so that you can see the damage in each particular situation.
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Chridian wrote:

Swap frostblink for ball lightning, and play carefully. Read/watch the various Sanctum guides.

In other words, Sanctum isn't faceroll for this build -- it's a challenge, but doable.

The key is to get good relics first before pushing red sanctums (just like the guides say.)

I have much improved the Sanctum strategy since the start of the league. The ONLY swap you need is:
- take out Discipline, PoE and Enlighten
- use Blasphemy - Temp Chains - Frostbite

That's ALL you need. It will make all enemies super slow. Very easy to dodge everything they do. Just avoid the thing that gives them 30% haste and makes them unslowable.

Sanctum is a total faceroll once you have a few relics that give Inspiration. And not very hard even before that. Just focus on obtaining the relics until you get a few good ones. They drop from mini-bosses and the merchant also sells them.

You can vendor 5 relics of the same type for a new random one.

Hell, I think I'm going to just put together a 30 min video of a full clear...
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 6, 2023, 5:45:59 PM
"
sinner9951 wrote:
Good afternoon.
To take Hatred we need a Discipline 25% mana reserve node, a 30% Purity of Elements mana reserve enchantment and a mentor lvl 4? Is that all or something else?

- 30% MRE helm enchantment for either PoE or Hatred
- 25% MRE for Discipline (the second ES Mastery cluster)
- 100% MRE for Clarity (get Mana Recoup on Watcher's Eye or rings)
- Charisma anoint (instead of Steelwood Stance)
- Enlighten lv 4
Last edited by Kelvynn on Feb 6, 2023, 5:46:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info