[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Stephalem wrote:
First: I´m having fun with this build. Thanks for that.
There was a big gap between the end of the story and the mapping start, a full reskill of the tree and all new items was too expensive at this point. I had no drop luck and ended Act 10 and found less than 20 chaos. The first (and only up to now) Div was a blast, finally.
Now I´m not sure how to go on. Due to the second staff I had no space to level the gems a second time or parallel, so I think I must buy some gemcutters or ready 20/20 Gems. Which ones are the most important to get quality and give the most "bang for my bucks"?

If you are on a budget, just use the lvl20 gem + gemcutter recipe. Within a map, your gem should be level 10. Within a couple, you'll be lvl18 again and the difference isn't that steep. That's what I did and it didn't feel too bad. You don't have to quality your main skill gem who provides raw damage (since it's the staff), so it should be fine.
"
Graiaule wrote:

I've spent the last ~10 leagues looking for a better build (something that has more dps and tankiness and about the same cost) and have failed to find it. Do you have a suggestion?

(Don't forget the huge cost savings for WI only needing 5L armor and 6S (not 6L) weapons!)

ATM I was more comparing this to RF in terms of tankiness and damage...it's pretty good and IMO the benchmark for this kind of build.

My poison SRS build costed less than 10 div and is at 27m dps (each head over 1m dps), with max block. To push it further would probably double or triple the budget but can be done. It's very safe but I die when I forget to get Bone Offering online and charge into somewhere I shouldn't. I like the tank on this build better as it's kind of set it and forget it.

I really do like just making builds and getting things working and seeing how they compare. Unfortunately I'm very bad at any kind of boss content no matter what the character so I end up quitting the league before I do them or endlessly rerolling characters.

There's always something that prevents me from really getting a build online, usually it's cost and I can't make enough currency to get them online correctly.

HoA guardian has another honorable mention to me, can be very tanky and easy to scale damage as poison and the crawler doesn't take much to ramp up damage and you can focus on pretty much all points on defense.
Last edited by droshi on Feb 1, 2023, 9:24:38 PM
"
droshi wrote:

ATM I was more comparing this to RF in terms of tankiness and damage...it's pretty good and IMO the benchmark for this kind of build.

Oddly enough, my kid decided to follow Pohl's RF guide as her second build this league. With about 10 div worth of gear (a pretty good hat and aegis aurora she farmed herself), at level 87 she still dies fairly often when we party up.

I'll stand in the middle of a 8-mod essence in T16 maps with extra damage killing it with no issues, and she'd be running back from the portal.

Yes, she does agree her RF build is far tankier than her 200m DPS crit EA ballista deadeye build (another ~15 div build, mostly for the 6L quill and 6L Hyrri's chest.)

So tankiness is on a scale, and, for what it's worth, our observation is that WI trickster at 95 is better than RF inquisitor at 88 (the variant she tried.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 1, 2023, 10:07:21 PM
"
droshi wrote:

There's always something that prevents me from really getting a build online, usually it's cost and I can't make enough currency to get them online correctly.

You asked what you are doing wrong. You give up too early and spent 2 divines for another build, instead of saving up and investing it into a solid char like SRS or this one. If you are bored or don't like the build anymore, just switch, but maybe you are too impatient. Sometimes you have to run 50 maps to make some curreny. And by running 50 maps you always make "small currency".

TLDR: you are playing too many builds.

Good afternoon.
To take Hatred we need a Discipline 25% mana reserve node, a 30% Purity of Elements mana reserve enchantment and a mentor lvl 4? Is that all or something else?
"
daflipp wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

You asked what you are doing wrong. You give up too early and spent 2 divines for another build, instead of saving up and investing it into a solid char like SRS or this one. If you are bored or don't like the build anymore, just switch, but maybe you are too impatient. Sometimes you have to run 50 maps to make some curreny. And by running 50 maps you always make "small currency".

I meant in POB, not in game, but yes thank you. Many people have beat the horse to death that I haven't leveled the build enough. Simulating many other builds in POB help me a lot and that is what I'm referring to.

I appreciate the help others have given, again, the poe.ninja link really tells all that only 2 people have gotten over 1m dps for this build.

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

Oddly enough, my kid decided to follow Pohl's RF guide as her second build this league. With about 10 div worth of gear (a pretty good hat and aegis aurora she farmed herself), at level 87 she still dies fairly often when we party up.

I'll stand in the middle of a 8-mod essence in T16 maps with extra damage killing it with no issues, and she'd be running back from the portal.

Yes, she does agree her RF build is far tankier than her 200m DPS crit EA ballista deadeye build (another ~15 div build, mostly for the 6L quill and 6L Hyrri's chest.)

So tankiness is on a scale, and, for what it's worth, our observation is that WI trickster at 95 is better than RF inquisitor at 88 (the variant she tried.)

Comparing the tank, I think they are pretty equivalent if you build them right, though a few uniques help a lot on RF. For me that is an easier thing than having to craft by hand something.
"
droshi wrote:

Comparing the tank, I think they are pretty equivalent if you build them right, though a few uniques help a lot on RF. For me that is an easier thing than having to craft by hand something.

Just think how much more fun you'd have in POE once you learn to craft!

I stand by my observation that a Pohx RF build wasn't as tanky as a WI trickster build at the same level of investment when attempting T16 rare maps.
Last edited by Graiaule on Feb 2, 2023, 1:55:08 PM
"
droshi wrote:
"
daflipp wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

I meant in POB, not in game, but yes thank you. Many people have beat the horse to death that I haven't leveled the build enough. Simulating many other builds in POB help me a lot and that is what I'm referring to.

I appreciate the help others have given, again, the poe.ninja link really tells all that only 2 people have gotten over 1m dps for this build.

"
Graiaule wrote:
"
droshi wrote:

You truly don't know how poe.ninja works :). And also it seems you are kinda a new player, 'cause some years ago 1m dps would have been TOP.

You can kill uber bosses without problem on less than 20 divines with this build, which is INSANE. I managed to level up from 97 to 98 from alc & go maps, which tells how tanky this build is. If 20 divines is a lot of currency for you, then you are playing this game wrong and you have a lot to learn. Being able to do what this build is capable of with that investment is actually insane.

No build will suppliment lack of knowledge, so you just have to get better at the game.

Also, crafting is so simple for it. 80% of it is just spamming essence of spite on items...
"
PrinceOfPower wrote:

Also, crafting is so simple for it. 80% of it is just spamming essence of spite on items...

And the remaining 90% of crafting is being lucky...

The key to crafting for this build is we have low-variance crafting methods.

E.g., with care you have a 100% chance to hit %int on your helm. A ~40% chance to hit %int on your chest.

Spamming spites to get good rolls on belts, rings, and amulets is high variance but at least the spites are always cheap.

You can craft a killer chest with pinnacle influence if you don't want the %int affix or have bad luck.

Etc.
Hey Kelvynn. I love the build, the trickster version is amazing!

Any chance you could post your atlas passive tree for grand design? Been wanting to try it out without any other mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info