[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
awsda wrote:
has anyone tried Oriath's end with this build yet? If so how does it feel?

I got one from Uber Sirus and used it to grind the final levels, then sold it after hitting lv 100. It's good for mapping. Not quite the same BOOM as the Occultist though, because of the random type of explosions. Sometimes you see and hear an explosion but almost nothing dies - because you took an eldritch altar that gives the mobs massive resistances, and those explosions don't benefit from your penetration.

If you drop it from Uber Sirus, still need any upgrades, and not working on lv 99-100 - just sell it.
"
Graiaule wrote:
Kelvynn, I believe the cap is -200% resist penetration. I toyed with an Omniscience build for a bit, and that's what I read.

We are nowhere near that in any case.

Is there somewhere in PoB where you can see the total penetraion? I see in Calcs that I have a total 1044% Increased and 392% MORE cold spell damage. But can't find the number for penetration.
@Kelvynn

would an Awakened Cast While Channelling be better than the normal one?
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
@Kelvynn

No. CwC lv 15-16 gives you the best uptime for each storm before they are replaced by new ones (math). We aren't using CwC for boss fights anymore and don't need full stun immunity for clearing, so ACwC is not needed. For some reason it's also much more expensive in this league than in the last few. Just sell it if it drops.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 18, 2023, 4:33:02 PM
"
awsda wrote:
has anyone tried Oriath's end with this build yet? If so how does it feel?

I got one from Uber Sirus and used it to grind the final levels, then sold it after hitting lv 100. It's good for mapping. Not quite the same BOOM as the Occultist though, because of the random type of explosions. Sometimes you see and hear an explosion but almost nothing dies - because you took an eldritch altar that gives the mobs massive resistances, and those explosions don't benefit from your penetration.

If you drop it from Uber Sirus, still need any upgrades, and not working on lv 99-100 - just sell it.

I miss the occultist BOOM :( sometimes i'll throw on a gloom shrine sextant for mapping for a taste lol
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Kelvynn, I believe the cap is -200% resist penetration. I toyed with an Omniscience build for a bit, and that's what I read.

Is there somewhere in PoB where you can see the total penetraion? I see in Calcs that I have a total 1044% Increased and 392% MORE cold spell damage. But can't find the number for penetration.

The next line in "Calcs" -- "Skill Hit Damage" is "MH Eff. DPS mod", which, when expanded, details the modifiers to resistances and increased damage taken.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
spaceace7373 wrote:
@Kelvynn

No. CwC lv 15-16 gives you the best uptime for each storm before they are replaced by new ones (math). We aren't using CwC for boss fights anymore and don't need full stun immunity for clearing, so ACwC is not needed. For some reason it's also much more expensive in this league than in the last few. Just sell it if it drops.

If my math is right, after reading your other post, the difference in DPS between ACwC lvl 5 and CwC lvl 16-17 would be :

ACwC5 : 0.3s X 5 is 1.5s/storm, or 7 casts. 5 X 7 / 1.5 = 23.3.

CWC15-17 (per your calculations) : 0.37s X 5 is 1.85s/storm, or 9 casts. 5 X 9 / 1.85s = 24.3.

% difference is 23.3 / 24.3 X 100 = 95.88%, or a 4.12% DPS loss.

On the other hand, we're casting a new storm every 1.5 seconds, instead of 1.85. This is a 23% increased in the cast speed, which make storms be created much faster.

So the choice would be either the full damage or 4.12% less DPS, but 23% faster cast and stun immunity.

So I have two questions :

- If we get stunned during a cast, how does it impact the DPS? If, for example, we get stunned halfway between casts, we'd lose half a cast, right? That could impact our DPS, though I have absolutely no idea how to estimate that impact.

- Do faster casts matter while mapping at all? What would be the effect and could it help with the clearing speed, as we can more rapidly swap targets?
@WinterHiko got my point about ACwC!

If the storm is replaced more constantly, means that it drops on your foot or ahead you while walking, not behind you. Makes you progress faster through maps!

BUT it only worth if you have enought damage to kill all the white/blue mobs and possible the yellow with just 1 pass through.. without the need of circling around! Otherwise the regular could be better.

I aways go for variants with big single hits. On my tests, ACwC perform better.

Seems like regular CwC forces you to go slowly to make the storm drop on your feet.. This is my feeling about it.

Now that we are using a Boss staff even with bad damage, i dont feel the need of regular CwC, just fast swap if you met a hard yellow, essence, beast or betrayal.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
If my math is right, after reading your other post, the difference in DPS between ACwC lvl 5 and CwC lvl 16-17 would be :

ACwC5 : 0.3s X 5 is 1.5s/storm, or 7 casts. 5 X 7 / 1.5 = 23.3.

CWC15-17 (per your calculations) : 0.37s X 5 is 1.85s/storm, or 9 casts. 5 X 9 / 1.85s = 24.3.

% difference is 23.3 / 24.3 X 100 = 95.88%, or a 4.12% DPS loss.

On the other hand, we're casting a new storm every 1.5 seconds, instead of 1.85. This is a 23% increased in the cast speed, which make storms be created much faster.

So the choice would be either the full damage or 4.12% less DPS, but 23% faster cast and stun immunity.

While mapping, you just hold the button and play an auto-bomber. You don't stop before each pack to start casting again. So it doesn't matter how fast you can create new storms. You don't move fast enough, even with The Stampede, to see the 0.07 sec difference. Keep the cursor slightly further ahead if you really have that issue.

What you can feel with ACwC 5 vs CwC 15 is that you can no longer reliably keep moving past the packs and having them die behind you. Because that's a 0.35 sec difference in each storm's uptime. They expire 0.35 sec faster. And you have to slow down and make sure that everything actually dies before you move on.

Faster stacking of 5 storms matters only on the single target. But we no longer use CwC for that.

"
So I have two questions :

- If we get stunned during a cast, how does it impact the DPS? If, for example, we get stunned halfway between casts, we'd lose half a cast, right? That could impact our DPS, though I have absolutely no idea how to estimate that impact.

- Do faster casts matter while mapping at all? What would be the effect and could it help with the clearing speed, as we can more rapidly swap targets?

If you get stunned (for about 0.12 sec with The Stampede) you stop channelling and restart it when the stun ends. That creates a short interruption. But it's nothing serious. You don't get stunned often, especially with a Corundum flask. ACwC protects you from casting interruption during stun (you stop moving but keep channelling). But stun is such a small issue that it doesn't really matter.

Not sure what you mean in the second question. Casting speed doesn't matter for channelling. You cast Icestorm at fixed intervals set by the CwC gem.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:

The next line in "Calcs" -- "Skill Hit Damage" is "MH Eff. DPS mod", which, when expanded, details the modifiers to resistances and increased damage taken.

Thank you! In the mouse-over pop-up for Effective DPS Mod / Cold it shows that I have 85% cold penetration:
40% from Awakened CP gem
15% from Watcher's Eye
30% from 3x Blanketed Snow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info