Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra Teasers

Before/after setup is miles better than just showing the new version
Le Toucan Will Return
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
So you are going to give up 70+ life, 10 more move speed, resists, spell suppression, searing exarch/eater implicits or tailwind/elusive all so you can make your buddy immune to freeze when he is near you?

I dont buy these boots at all.

Where are you going to get up to 35% movespeed in acts? Also GGG ahs removed much of the spell suppression on items. Tailwind and elusive before maps? How? I mean why are you going so hard on hating a level 12 item??? Why do you expect a level 12 items to be uber end game material?

Sometimes the community is a little absurd.

you're right, they're just low level uniques, but how's the drop rate for these leveling uniques when you trying to complete acts? is it worth to slow down and buy for it? usually we only get few chaos after speed run 10 acts, what's the point for these leveling items for league start? or GGG is expecting everyone to build multiple characters in 1 league?
"
gladiatorpie wrote:

So you are going to give up 70+ life, 10 more move speed, resists, spell suppression, searing exarch/eater implicits or tailwind/elusive all so you can make your buddy immune to freeze when he is near you?

I dont buy these boots at all.

those shoes are lvl 12, mate.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 9, 2022, 1:51:54 AM
How will vaal caress works with vaal skill gems?

Do both skills from a single vaal gem gain 5 levels cause the source of the skill is a vaal gem?

Or will the vaal version of the skill get +5 levels and the non-vaal version of the skill from the same gem get -5 levels.

For example, would a level 20 vaal summon skeleton in vaal caress gloves give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 25 summon skeleton? Or would it give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 15 summon skeleton?
if i use the new victarios with a rotgut does it consume the frenzy charges of nearby allies aswell?

and how do they work with multiple quicksilvers with diffrent suffixes and a mageblood eq? They have a potential for minion boots
Last edited by arasuda on Aug 9, 2022, 3:14:02 AM
Vaal Caress is good for early league aurabot i guess. If you find +4 from Arrogance of the Vaal (double implicit random unique) its gg gloves for Aurabots. 21lv from gem it self , +5 lv vaal gems from gloves , +4 lv gem from implicit , +1 all spell skill from sceptre , +1 all spell skill from Ashes of star so you got 32 level Vaal Grace , Vaal Haste and Vaal Discipline. That will be insane gloves.
Aren't you ashamed to call it "improvements"? Victario had it own use. Now u cant use it in minion builds, only use for them "17 ms boots" in acts. Caress was shitty unique, but u could use them in early game, as +2 gloves with onslaught. Now, from 1 alch unique it moved to 1 tranmutation piece unique. Really, are there any vaal gem, that needs +5 and doesn't require supports? I mean, i didnt see any build with 4 vaal gems in 1 gearpiece. Mb we could have +50hp on boots? Or 150% es on cloak, same as shavronne's wrappings. Bitterdream has real improvments.
"
killodoggy wrote:
How will vaal caress works with vaal skill gems?

Do both skills from a single vaal gem gain 5 levels cause the source of the skill is a vaal gem?

Or will the vaal version of the skill get +5 levels and the non-vaal version of the skill from the same gem get -5 levels.

For example, would a level 20 vaal summon skeleton in vaal caress gloves give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 25 summon skeleton? Or would it give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 15 summon skeleton?

It will be 25 vaal summon skele and 25 summon skele. But you wouldnt use it like that because the support gems at level 20 will be 15. You use it for stuff like Vaal Righteous Fire, Vaal Haste, Vaal Discipline and Vaal Grace.
"
Sintactical wrote:
"
Boozler wrote:
So there's a ticker for the REVEAL but literally nowhere on the front page does it say the date of the actual league release. Really?

They've already announced the likely date of the league start.

Most likely, that will be confirmed after the announcement, when a new countdown timer will go into effect.

Its already confirmed with the time in the teaser video
"
Aren't you ashamed to call it "improvements"? Victario had it own use. Now u cant use it in minion builds, only use for them "17 ms boots" in acts. Caress was shitty unique, but u could use them in early game, as +2 gloves with onslaught. Now, from 1 alch unique it moved to 1 tranmutation piece unique. Really, are there any vaal gem, that needs +5 and doesn't require supports? I mean, i didnt see any build with 4 vaal gems in 1 gearpiece. Mb we could have +50hp on boots? Or 150% es on cloak, same as shavronne's wrappings. Bitterdream has real improvments.

I dislike the victarios change because it nerfs animate guardian on slow moving minion builds. However the vaal caress gloves are a great change.

Here is some math on the old gloves versus new gloves at end game. This math may be slightly off because simplifying makes calculations easier.

I will assume average spell/minion gem gains 10% dps per level. I also assume no added flat damage, because it is better to scale other damage mods instead when you have lots of gem levels.

I also assume average dps on a level 20 support gem is 35% more and average loss is 1% per level.

Old gloves 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.35 x 1.3.5 x 1.35 = 297% of the damage.

New gloves. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 353% of the damage.

They have more dps end game for average skill. Even more dps for certain skills that scale damage per levels higher than 10%. And much longer onslaught.

Skills below level 20 get around 30% more dps per level instead of 10%. So during the leveling process these gloves will be much stronger than before.

For minion builds who use many different minion skills in a big army, these gloves will probably be best in slot until you get a ton of currency later in the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info