Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra Teasers

"
killodoggy wrote:
How will vaal caress works with vaal skill gems?

Do both skills from a single vaal gem gain 5 levels cause the source of the skill is a vaal gem?

Or will the vaal version of the skill get +5 levels and the non-vaal version of the skill from the same gem get -5 levels.

For example, would a level 20 vaal summon skeleton in vaal caress gloves give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 25 summon skeleton? Or would it give level 25 vaal summon skeleton and level 15 summon skeleton?

Yes, if it's a vaal gem will level up even the normal version
Hateforge is still better
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
So you are going to give up 70+ life, 10 more move speed, resists, spell suppression, searing exarch/eater implicits or tailwind/elusive all so you can make your buddy immune to freeze when he is near you?

I dont buy these boots at all.

Where are you going to get up to 35% movespeed in acts? Also GGG ahs removed much of the spell suppression on items. Tailwind and elusive before maps? How? I mean why are you going so hard on hating a level 12 item??? Why do you expect a level 12 items to be uber end game material?

Sometimes the community is a little absurd.

From seven league step at level 1. The way you posted about using it to give immunities makes it sound like you are talking endgame because everyone just runs purity of elements for acts if they care about ailments early. These are not a good change to the boots. It had a niche before as an AG item and now it's completely useless.

And im pretty sure no one goes low life during acts so they are 20% move speed boots at best.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Aug 9, 2022, 12:44:35 PM
"
killodoggy wrote:
"
Aren't you ashamed to call it "improvements"? Victario had it own use. Now u cant use it in minion builds, only use for them "17 ms boots" in acts. Caress was shitty unique, but u could use them in early game, as +2 gloves with onslaught. Now, from 1 alch unique it moved to 1 tranmutation piece unique. Really, are there any vaal gem, that needs +5 and doesn't require supports? I mean, i didnt see any build with 4 vaal gems in 1 gearpiece. Mb we could have +50hp on boots? Or 150% es on cloak, same as shavronne's wrappings. Bitterdream has real improvments.

I dislike the victarios change because it nerfs animate guardian on slow moving minion builds. However the vaal caress gloves are a great change.

Here is some math on the old gloves versus new gloves at end game. This math may be slightly off because simplifying makes calculations easier.

I will assume average spell/minion gem gains 10% dps per level. I also assume no added flat damage, because it is better to scale other damage mods instead when you have lots of gem levels.

I also assume average dps on a level 20 support gem is 35% more and average loss is 1% per level.

Old gloves 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.35 x 1.3.5 x 1.35 = 297% of the damage.

New gloves. 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 = 353% of the damage.

They have more dps end game for average skill. Even more dps for certain skills that scale damage per levels higher than 10%. And much longer onslaught.

Skills below level 20 get around 30% more dps per level instead of 10%. So during the leveling process these gloves will be much stronger than before.

For minion builds who use many different minion skills in a big army, these gloves will probably be best in slot until you get a ton of currency later in the league.

It's not that amazing as damage piece but could be decent defensive item. Get vaal auras and a vaal molten shell to 25 easily. So for instance a Vaal impurity of fire is still a lvl 25 purity of fire. Vaal discipline at 25, Vaal grace, then vaal molten shell on movement key.
A lvl 25 Vaal Molten shell, assuming it doesn't get substantial nerfs has 13320% damage reflection, it can be scaled by the lapidary double corrupt for lvl 26 in normal vaal caress or with duration gems corruption on gloves, to 28 and 16290% reflection. even as just a normal lvl 28 Molten shell it would give substantial bonus to armor, 1338 flat.
Honest question, GGG mentioned 100 uniques will be updated. So far we only have 7 listed here. Is the rate of reveal a little slow since league starts in under 2 weeks? Does this elude to further start delays?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Honest question, GGG mentioned 100 uniques will be updated. So far we only have 7 listed here. Is the rate of reveal a little slow since league starts in under 2 weeks? Does this elude to further start delays?

It just means most uniques aren't going to be revealed here. People will need to find the others.
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
So you are going to give up 70+ life, 10 more move speed, resists, spell suppression, searing exarch/eater implicits or tailwind/elusive all so you can make your buddy immune to freeze when he is near you?

I dont buy these boots at all.

Where are you going to get up to 35% movespeed in acts? Also GGG ahs removed much of the spell suppression on items. Tailwind and elusive before maps? How? I mean why are you going so hard on hating a level 12 item??? Why do you expect a level 12 items to be uber end game material?

Sometimes the community is a little absurd.

From seven league step at level 1. The way you posted about using it to give immunities makes it sound like you are talking endgame because everyone just runs purity of elements for acts if they care about ailments early. These are not a good change to the boots. It had a niche before as an AG item and now it's completely useless.

And im pretty sure no one goes low life during acts so they are 20% move speed boots at best.

Seven league step requires you to have completed most of the end game prior and is a second or third character item. You will find these easily on your league starter usually at around level 15.

You will get the movement speed when something hits you hard. Its very useful to escape.

But yeah I expect this to be cheaper than the OG version within a day.
the reveals so far dont excite me at all....can you just reveal them all at once? doing 1-2 per day is so slow :/
Favorite thing about the gloves, showing what the old was next to the new
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
the reveals so far dont excite me at all....can you just reveal them all at once? doing 1-2 per day is so slow :/

The thread is literally called a teaser.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info