Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
1869Flame wrote:

And as a bonus, this will drive the already pretty pricy enlightened gems to even more expensive state.. I wouldn't be surprised if a lvl 4 enlighten will go for 25 to 30 ex in 3.19, so this nerf had a much bigger impact around the board than it might look on first sight

Ashes - 100ex +, awakened enlighhten 5 - 0.5 mirror inc rofl...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
My bad. PoE lost about 97% of the population in the past 7 years of nerfing expansions.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

- Analyze based on static peak sum + 25% addition on the peaks.

I always laugh at those haters who use Steamcharts as a reliable source of data.

He can't even do math properly
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Adding more ways to scale crit for minions is cool. Please consider adding more ways to scale damage over time for minions as well
Another root of the problem lies in a misunderstanding of causal relationships(by some players too), players certainly often use strong mechanics, but they do this not only because they are the most effective, but because the game is close to unplayable without them.
Even if you cut 50% of the damage of ordinary monsters this patch the average player will continue to die periodically on rare red maps, even not newbie. In current state with most builds and mechanics it is generally impossible to play.
Yeah GGG keep nerfing keep removing my messages
Till Heist league game was amazing, relaxing, casual-friendly. After tha point maybe game started be annoying. Every league is rolling dice will any of my builds survive. 2 of my favourite builds died long time ago, this league my other options died also, and im not even playing meta. I'm from the 1% builds in poe ninja. All of my casual friends left some leagues ago due to the nonsense nerfs. They don't have motivation to play for 2-3 hours after work and die all the time instead of having fun.
Problem: Pathfinder's Master Alchemist skill is quite weak, which also causes Pathfinder to be pushed mostly towards chaos-based builds as non-chaos builds do not have enough compelling ascendancy skills to choose from.

Solution: Add more power to Master Alchemist. Partially compensate by removing extraneous power from the much stronger Nature's Boon.

?????
Why nerf the Pathdinder class by removing [6% reduced Elemental Damage taken] to buff [Master Alchemist]?
I don't understand.
Last edited by BIMZERO on Aug 5, 2022, 7:12:10 AM
POG ? OMEGALUL KEKW
I agree with many problems mentioned in the balance manifesto but I have some concerns about the following:

1) spell supression buff values on tree seem not enough to counter the reduction on items for lower right side of tree characters. unless you intend to nerf evasion based defense as well, this feels like an oversight.

2) removal of the 15% mana reservation efficiency mastery should be balanced out by buffing small mana reservation efficiency nodes on tree. everyone using the mastery before is IMO a sign that it is needed at a base level. espacially when looking at the spellslinger buff which does nothing if MRE is harder to get.

3) wind dancer buff values feel way to low for having a big downside in the first place, which is weird because the values for arrow dancing seem useable now.

4) balance pass on underused skill gems is extremely cautious and thus disappointing. the amount of changes to skill gems feels way to low. the buff values seems way to small to make sure the skills start feeling better for a generic value increase approach. this may be due to "hidden" item interactions but honestly buffing a skill to work around that interaction should be possible or that interaction may be too limiting for the design space of PoE.

5) ascendancy class balance for pathfinder, juggernaut and chieftain. pathfinder getting too small of a buff for the removal of 6% reduced ele dmg taken. juggernaut losing the 5% reduced dmg taken seems unnecessary as the notable got split in two and the concept is easy to understand. if juggernaut is not allowed to be above average as a defensive class it should get damage buffs on the ascendancy notables somewhere. chieftain's tawhoa's chosen notable would need 2x or 3x the buff it received unless it's interaction with warcries and the fist of war support gem get changed.
Nice, good job destroying builds for casual players. Great job as always

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info