Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

It appears to me that Chris wants to be a starring guest in a lot of streamers shows again, defenses were in a good place you only needed to remove the archnemesis trash and everything would be all right at some degree
The North Remembers
So the philosophy and guideline of GGG is to keep nerfing the popular character and strong build to force players come up with new powerful ways of playing so that GGG has the clue of nerfing for the next league.

HILARIOUS AND PATHETIC...

Now I'm getting more and more looking forward to D4.

Last edited by ExaltedWall on Aug 5, 2022, 10:58:01 AM
Also could you make singular focus drop maps as map currency items instead.
Thx
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)

Since you mention hard core I will chime in and say that more builds are viable than people think. However, most people either use the top 0.1 percent to get the edge or simply copy what highly competitive racers are doing (top 0.1).
Yes, they are not in the same league as things with broken mechanics and scaling like lighting strike getting melee damage with point blank or DD etc. And yes there are some just bad, I couldn't get physical rain of arrows past mid red, bosses and archnem too tanky. But I also piloted some outliers, galvanic arrow assassin, scorching ray elementalist and flameblast trickster to t16 through hard core self found.
But the gutting of universal power like the reservation efficiency really hurts every build especially the ones that do not overperform. So I do worry a little for next league.
Keep up the nerfs GGG, this time you killed minions, a great way to advertise for Diablo 4 :)
Most of this balance posts are ..

Problem : x skill is too powerful and everyone takes it , and no one uses the trash we implemented .
Solution : nerf the skill to un-usable so that we force you to use the trash and be miserable, while compensating with nothing.

Another nerf to minion builds. Now they targeted the damn ascendancy again making the only point worth while literally useless, cuz you can already convert the damage of minions to chaos with triad grips, which makes the node completely useless.

Now everyone will get bone armor and everyone will be the same again and will force GGG to nerf again.

It's a never ending circle.

I never regretted buying pet's or stash tabs but I guess after seeing all this mindless nerfs and nothing ever ends, it's nerf this, give a little power to this, our vision is the game to be hard yada yada yada, it's time to stop investing in this game and move to d3 while waiting for d4...Clearly GGG over the years has lost it since they had no competition from blizzard.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Aug 5, 2022, 1:09:56 AM
"
AwesomeZerain wrote:
"
h_marvin wrote:
"
The Reservation Mastery that granted 15% increased Mana Reservation Efficiency of Skills has been removed from the Passive Skill Tree.

Damn.. this bricks like all my builds -.-

So u will make new one? This game should be about diversity, beign stunlocked at one build is probably good way to play for people with int under shoe size but still...

Didn’t say I’m not going to. But still, it’s frustrating as a Standard player to see all your builds brick after investing hundreds of exalts..
You really know how to pour cold water on an upcoming league.

The biggest nerf I see is the loss of the 15% mana reservation efficiency node. I would guess that's going to affect 99% of all builds.

I sure hope you know what you're doing, and the new league is great because you sure threw crap on the start.

Please do something about mob damage, specifically AN mods. I quit the first day of 3.18 because I died 5x in Act 1.

I'll be there on day 1 again, but if it's the shit show last league was, I'll be done with your game.
"
VernerHolt wrote:
"
ExtraMapQuest wrote:
If you want build diversity, you should gut Seismic.

Give it the double tap - or a triple tap headshot like you did for DD.

Shake up the meta!

If you want to see players try new things, and are truly attempting to balance classes, don't half ass it. FULLASSIT

ORRRR do you want everyone to play seismic again? Because that's how you get ants... I mean...

...you know what I mean.

You nerfed fire trap with the 'trim', PLUS a top end damage nerf, but barely touched Seismic with just the 'trim'? That's... not balance.

You don't really understand just how bad the cut for trap cooldown recovery rate hits seismic. Sure, it still destroys most bosses on the first 4 stored up uses but it loses about 50% of its damage in fights against bosses with more than a breakpoint in hp that's hit by those 4 trap detonations. It gets even worse for mobile bosses like Suncaller Asha, Crusader or Sirus. It's not like Seismic was that overpowered this league. What, 3% of leaderboards were saboteurs at the end there? 6-8% at league start. We had 20% of leaderboards taken up by Righteous fire inquisitors and 32% of leaderboards were using Aegis Aurora while playing various minion builds. Seismic was a good boss killer build two leagues ago but it's been pruned to a point it's probably dead next league.
To actually introduce build diversity a sweeping set of buffs are needed as well as buffs to defenses. People don't build stuff that can't survive in t16 maps because no one enjoys 6 portal mapping experience and never going above lvl 95. And builds that don't deliver damage fast enough to clear the screen die a lot. The solution there is either to bring the rest of builds to equivalent survivability or equivalent clearing capabilities. Both translate to less deaths and less frustrating gameplay experience.
Because that's why people play meta builds. It's not the gear or the fact streamers play them. It's because the other options are frustrating to invest time in and not experience the power fantasy that POE promises you.
But it's pointless to try and convince the developers of that it seems. They're too busy fighting the playerbase in an attempt to make POE into Dark Souls for casuals and solo players while parties of 5 can clear Atlas and kill the pinnacle bosses within 48 hours of league start.
It's the bad DM experience if the DM was busy trying to make every encounter into a party wipe because the players enjoyed that one session where a lot of the party wiped.

They seems to think that they should decide how players should play the game, if some wants to play 1 build only, let them. Other funny thing is that they event dont play the game them self :D.
cloak of flame made me lul soooo hard - here, we ruined necro and minions, but buffed a unique from absolute trash to just being bad, mb 1 or 2 nich builds will use it...

ALso, let me guess, in those 100+ reworked uniques gonna be good ones like aurora, which after *rework* gonna be as good as necro and nobody gonna use them any longer?
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info