Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

So the solution to Jugg being shit.. is nerf Jugg.. awesome, really brilliant strategy there..
"
Morte1 wrote:
"
GGG keeps nerfing things with the same reasoning. Build diversity. When was this diversity EVER achieved?

Even if a build is 1% stronger than the others people will play that. You can NEVER have everything balanced so GGG will just keep nerfing everything that's popular so that people are forced to play other builds.

Build diversity was a thing in harvest league.

Not really. It was better than it is now but the utopia that GGG is trying to achieve never existed. It's probably the closest the game ever came to that impossible goal. We all know what happened next...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
If you want build diversity, you should gut Seismic.

Give it the double tap - or a triple tap headshot like you did for DD.

Shake up the meta!

If you want to see players try new things, and are truly attempting to balance classes, don't half ass it. FULLASSIT

ORRRR do you want everyone to play seismic again? Because that's how you get ants... I mean...

...you know what I mean.

You nerfed fire trap with the 'trim', PLUS a top end damage nerf, but barely touched Seismic with just the 'trim'? That's... not balance.
LMAO GGG be like:
Problem: "TrIcKsTer LoSt iTs IdEnTitY."
Solution: "RoB NeCrOmAnCeR's ToO."
Problem:"Juggernaut has a too complex and watered-down notable let's break it up."
Solution:"add 40% increased life regeneration but leave the 1.5% regen from damage unchanged."
This Juggernaut change regardless of how powerful it may be is the most basic change ever. Anybody could have come up with that. I thought that they would do something creative with it after i read the line: "watered-down version" but no the most unique passive on this ascendancy and all it gets is a generic buff.
I love all the tears here, they give-me power!
Also really fun how people write here saying GGG nerfed everything without giving anything back when we only gotten the manifesto yet.
+1 to all the cries.
Last edited by testacountnicklol on Aug 4, 2022, 7:07:12 PM
Looks like even POE is going into recession
GGG. Please read this, about the Minion changes and all of that. Buffs nerfs, whatever.

But PLEASE, make the +2 to All Minion Skill Gems on helmets a +2 to all Minion GEMS so that Phantasms and Infernal Legion do not lag behind.
Or, y'know, give us something so we can scale those skills too.
we need a full patchnote to be certain but soul rend imho was feeling already pretty bad when ubber elder got released, since then there has been a lot of things happening in the game, even for this archetype with Hands of the High templars being potentially busted for ed but soul rend however really stops scalling well enough, and the reason of that is that is simple: low duration coupled with subpar dps. While it's still a very enjoyable spell to use when it's enough, a 20% increase on dps now won't cut it, it was already low dps in freaking synthesis league and the game powercrept by way more than 20% since then.

disclaimer: sould rend will feel good with some reasonnable investment up to non juiced T16.
Last edited by galuf on Aug 4, 2022, 7:43:20 PM
"
ExtraMapQuest wrote:
If you want build diversity, you should gut Seismic.

Give it the double tap - or a triple tap headshot like you did for DD.

Shake up the meta!

If you want to see players try new things, and are truly attempting to balance classes, don't half ass it. FULLASSIT

ORRRR do you want everyone to play seismic again? Because that's how you get ants... I mean...

...you know what I mean.

You nerfed fire trap with the 'trim', PLUS a top end damage nerf, but barely touched Seismic with just the 'trim'? That's... not balance.

You don't really understand just how bad the cut for trap cooldown recovery rate hits seismic. Sure, it still destroys most bosses on the first 4 stored up uses but it loses about 50% of its damage in fights against bosses with more than a breakpoint in hp that's hit by those 4 trap detonations. It gets even worse for mobile bosses like Suncaller Asha, Crusader or Sirus. It's not like Seismic was that overpowered this league. What, 3% of leaderboards were saboteurs at the end there? 6-8% at league start. We had 20% of leaderboards taken up by Righteous fire inquisitors and 32% of leaderboards were using Aegis Aurora while playing various minion builds. Seismic was a good boss killer build two leagues ago but it's been pruned to a point it's probably dead next league.
To actually introduce build diversity a sweeping set of buffs are needed as well as buffs to defenses. People don't build stuff that can't survive in t16 maps because no one enjoys 6 portal mapping experience and never going above lvl 95. And builds that don't deliver damage fast enough to clear the screen die a lot. The solution there is either to bring the rest of builds to equivalent survivability or equivalent clearing capabilities. Both translate to less deaths and less frustrating gameplay experience.
Because that's why people play meta builds. It's not the gear or the fact streamers play them. It's because the other options are frustrating to invest time in and not experience the power fantasy that POE promises you.
But it's pointless to try and convince the developers of that it seems. They're too busy fighting the playerbase in an attempt to make POE into Dark Souls for casuals and solo players while parties of 5 can clear Atlas and kill the pinnacle bosses within 48 hours of league start.
It's the bad DM experience if the DM was busy trying to make every encounter into a party wipe because the players enjoyed that one session where a lot of the party wiped.
The problems are true problems, but the solutions are not true solutions.

They either know where the problems are but have no idea how to solve them, or deliberately give you these false solutions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info