Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Last league I felt empowered playing the game. I made an excellent character.
But since the recent changes, I now feel terrible. Monsters are now overpowered. They kill me while alive and when they die.

I know I'm not a good player. I never defeated The Elder.
I'm casual. I spend some money on that game. I don't regret it. I had a lot of good time playing it. Why do you remove that from me?

I only played the new league for a few hours. Now even the campaign feels horrible.

This next balance patch looks terrible. I feel like I'm being punished for playing the game.

But please at least remove the 10% experience penalty on death. It serves no purpose other than making me rage quit.

so you add mageblood to the game and u nerf flask charge on hit ? meaning u buff mageblodd ? seems fine to buff mageblood can u double his stats also pls ?
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

+1,messed up quoting but wanna get as many replies to this thread as possible
|
copium
and y hope you balance the drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is this hard poe? buffing maps is useless, buffing atlas is useless , drops are like 1/million
No seriously, who out here thinks that taking 5% reduced damage taken from Juggernaut and replacing it with 8% elemental damage of hits has armor applied to it (which, honestly, doesn't MAKE SENSE) is a buff? At the price of 2 ascendancy points?
At the cost of what? Do we now take Untiring, 8% elemental damage gets armor applied to it over, oh, let's say Unrelenting which is flat 8% reduced elemental damage taken while at maximum endurance charges?
Who on earth thought that 5% reduced chaos damage taken, 5% reduced physical damage taken and 5% reduced elemental damage taken which applies to ground effects, hits and damage over time sources is worse than 8% elemental damage from hits has armor mitigation applied to it? ONLY from hits mind you, at a time where POE kills more players by ground effects than ever before after the insane Arch nemesis magic packs dropping burning or cold snapped ground. AT THE COST OF ASCENDANCY POINTS!
On a class played by 0.3% of leaderboards builds. Why? Who thought that was necessary or a buff?

And melee still sucks in the coming league. Once again getting oneshoted during the campaign. Once again going for Cyclone. Once again investing 250 exl to get to endgame. Or shoud i go lighting strike with 1 exl invested and break endgame? Nah i will hard pass this one.
"
nezull wrote:
"

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

+1,messed up quoting but wanna get as many replies to this thread as possible
|
copium

My vote stands by this guy and his post. GGG has to make some propper decisions and changes from now on, cause its enough of the bullshit they put on the table. Enough of dead skills, enough of dead items, ENOUGH of killing ascendancies. The game started to go in a bad way at the time when company was sold, im stopping to believe in the game, maybe its time to put it to rest and move somewhere else. I always bought packs and shit because i was so happy about the game, i always got surprised in a good way each league for years, but now for the past couple of years it makes my heart sad. Game is dying cause of poor decisions by the company. Wilson and hes crew got too comfortable, i remember when he said "oh we can make couple experimental/bad leagues, but later we have to really work on next one" when is that next good league with proper content and SOLUTIONS coming out? You guys gave up and probably there are lots of people who feel the same sad way, you guys LET US DOWN.
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
My bad. PoE lost about 97% of the population in the past 7 years of nerfing expansions.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960

- Analyze based on static peak sum + 25% addition on the peaks.

That's some FOX News level data analysis there xD
So GGG this is what we get after 6months? WOW path of nerfs indeed. Do you know why grace, determination, defiance banner, spell suppression, charges when damage taken flasks, melding of the flesh etc was so popular? It's because the damage we take when doing anything has never been this high. Also Archnemesis mods going core recieved some of the biggest backlash i've ever seen since i started playing way back when this game cost 10$ to play the closed beta. It's still going to be there for the next league? really?
The parts that got buffed are laughable with most 'buffs' giving an extra 10-15% damage and that's it.
i'd get angry about this but honestly after sentinel league i'm just dissapointed, for the first time in years i don't think i'll be playing this league.
IGN PutzyPS
If u need me for anything u can pm me ingame or send me a private message :)
"
Some quick math here...

...but it looks to me like the changes to mana reservation, secondary traps, minions, (and a few others mechanics), are being done not to address current issues - but to combat foreseeable problems caused by the dearth of six-links in PoE II.

The minions and mana reservations problems introduced in this Manifesto appear like they will iron-themselves out once players have them fully supported.

However...

1: With no release date for PoE II, these sorts of changes make your customers feel as though they're your unpaid beta-testers.

2: I'd expect to see roll-outs like this a few months before open-beta - not, (potentially), years before the launch of Path of Exile Part Two.

3: You are the custodians of people's time and effort. You should be respectful of their investments - after all, they fund your livelihood.

4: If you are indeed pre-balancing the game around 6-7 Six-Links, you should communicate that with the player-base - it helps them put the changes in context, (and seem less capacious).

Just a few thoughts to consider.

AGREE

"
Gigantosaurus wrote:
The point of every league for me is to play a new skill I never have before. Currently I don't think there are any viable options to try. I feel like GGG is actively crippling build diversity by making everything equally painful and non-viable

I took work off for league start day and honestly may opt to cancel the vacation day

I wish I could even think that now, once did..but no game is worth it nowadays.

"

Quite valid questions meant to bring them to common sense.
Btw on question 13, you broke league deadline by 90 days extra.

As for myself...
The following is not a result of this manifecto. It is a culmination result of your past leagues.

Defenses were picked because they're mandatory thx to Archnemesis mods and obnoxious mobs health and dmg.

"Raise Zombie: Gem quality no longer grants 0–20% increased Minion Movement Speed. Now costs 9 mana at gem level 1 (previously 10), up to 28 at gem level 20 (previously 38)."
Quality will do what, then?

In characteristic Path of Nerfs style, we'll still get one-shot. There's no point in talking about this frustration, it is what it is and I'll vote with my wallet, as always.
I may try the "buffed" Cleave, Reave, Sunder and SRS for nostalgia, but if I can't reach solo 40 challenges (with those and other builds) and actually have fun, it'll be another league I won't support. And that with a low budget/what I have within reach, not with 50-100 ex which I never get anyway. If I find 2 ex in a league it's crazy (pure drop).

I'm no longer a target demographic in PoE.
This is me in this picture and I don't like it.
https://i.imgur.com/8ieRAoy.jpeg

People like a challenge, but one that can be overcome. You keep putting things inbetween players and endgame, then you praise endgame like the carrot you want us [Removed by Support] to chase. I wish you earned your paycheck by following this carrot yourselves, without any cheating. Go find 1 ex every 1.5 months and sell it for 1$, then see what you can put on the table to eat, in this scenario.

You put the needs of the few before the needs of the many.
Instead of listening to the majority of your playerbase, you listen to the top, which live in a bubble of their own.
Alas, YOU live in a bubble of your own.
Something will give, one way or another.
You really do like shooting your own leg.
The more I supported the game, the more poor you made me feel ingame.
Last edited by al3xro on Aug 4, 2022, 2:51:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info