Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

Dear GGG probably people use those powerful defense tool A LOT because they are not 6 portal enjoyers?

Maybe... just maybe if you bring down monster damage to sane levels poeple would have a choice again.

If Monster damage stays untouched people will just use the new most powerful defense tools because... getting oneshot is still unfun. And then you will nerf those again.
These "changes" look terrible. I don’t like it, I have already begun to doubt that I will play in this league.
Улыбнись мне.
В мрачном мире далёкого будущего есть место только войне.
"
Poiuytr133 wrote:
"
BIMZERO wrote:
I don't really agree with trying to keep things fresh by taking away diversity and enjoyment.
Nerfing Gain When hit Flask, Aura Mastry, etc. are reasonable.
However, removing unusual effects and killing builds like Gravicius Extra ES Craft is the worst.

I don't understand what Spell Suppression is thinking anymore.
GGG implemented Spell Suppression by saying "Evade Builds are weak against Spell" which is incorrect.
All characters in this game are equally vulnerable to Spell, and it is only natural that all characters would try to obtain Spell Suppression.
I personally believe that implementing the nerf now is a lack of imagination and ability to balance the game.

Also, I often use Pathfinder, what is the point of this nerf?
That class is almost exclusively dedicated to Poisonous Concoction, and you expect to accelerate it further? The Pathfinder Node is currently underpowered and is a garbage class with no unique effect.
Besides, the act of cutting power from a Node that has no options is foolish.

Suppression was intended for right side evasion builds because the left side of the tree has the block nodes (and/or things like MOM) which provide substantial spell protection, and the marauder/duelist bottom-left side has max res, whereas the right side had less effective spell defense.

yes but block dont work most of the times that's why everyone goes for spell supression as extra layer. and its not the only problem here game becomes worse and worse
"
pr0mete1 wrote:
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
In the past 6 years - the game lost about 95% of it's population because of pointless nerfs, and absurdish build killing decisions.

I am almost certain that peoples which is the target auditory for PoE2 already hate it, even without seeing it.

95%, what a lie

prob not 95 but at least 70-80 %. and will lose more and more
I don't understand most of these changes. For example, with the minions, I do understand that Necromancer was very good because minions scale heavily with gem level. What I *don't* understand is how removing that completely from THE minion ascendency (besides guardian, but Guardian extends to party play too whereas necro doesn't) is supposed to make other minion options more attractive. How does "Hey, the strong one that clears content easily got nerfed to clear content poorly like the other minions" make me want to play said minion build that clears content poorly? Because it's more even with the other poor ones? That just makes me not want to play minions. Not that I'm saying minions are weak now, because I think minions will always be at least somewhat meta since having a group of things take hits for you is a massive defensive layer and a lot more stress free than pretty much everything else. I just don't understand the logic of "nerf it to be in line with other badly viewed things." Why is the logic not "Buff the badly view things to make them attractive." I mean, I've never, not ever, looked at, say, two pies and said "Hm, the cherry looks great, but I really want to try enjoying an apple pie, even though I know it doesn't taste as good as cherry pie. I know! I'll just smash the cherry pie to make it look bad! Then i'll definitely want the apple pie."

Other things I don't understand: Why nerf auto-flasks? Because it was too easy to keep them active? Isn't that an issue with how often your monsters still hit us despite us having the mountain of evasion that you're claiming we have? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but *evading* things implies *not* getting hit. And if we're *not* getting hit, then the flasks won't gain charges from that explicit mod. So why is the "solution" to worsen that mod? Aren't you just then creating a new problem? The first problem is that people are still getting hit even with high evasion, and the new one you're making is that now people are BACK (yes, back; most players don't like playing flask piano) to having to play piano with carpal tunnel.

A LOT of these changes have issues like this. I'm not saying there shouldn't be nerfs at all because there's definitely things that should have been nerfed. I'm not surprised defiance got nerfed, and i would agree that yeah, it was a little excessive how good it was. But I find that *most* of the changes are *not* in line with Defiance Banner nerf. Most are more like the previous two things.
I am not sure why GGG keeps nerfing things around the over-performing outliers, instead of just nerfing the specific skills, like seismic trap.

Spell suppression feels mandatory even on left side of the tree, which has no spell mitigation unless you go for melding of the flesh.

+2 cleave, what else to say.

Not sure why having a nice mana reservation was a bad thing, since it gives players and option for more auras. Problem was that grace+determination+defiance banner felt mandatory. So I am not sure now nerfing mana reservation is going to fix this, beside just making us having one less aura .

Fortify buffs are nice quality of live, but melee needs something more, either a utility skill or some new mechanic, because they feel strong only with big investments. 6 months and most of the buffs are just some cosmetic numbers.

I do hope that league reveal adds something more to shake up the meta, because seismic trap, RF, lightning strike ,and probably EA still look like strong skills for next league, and we all know that new skills usually end up being quite weak.

Fingers crossed that patch reveals something more.
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

UP for justice!
Is this an out-of-season April Fools joke? +2 cleave radius is what melee lovers have been waiting for? Another shitshow of buff all content, nerf all builds. Classic GGG.
And the self destruction mode is back after a brief sojourn.

What a pity!

A great league followed by nerfs--a few might be justifed but again taking the fun out. At least for me.

Kind of feel necromancer will be crap again. My god it wasnt even that popular or overpowered this league. And the only fast levelling minion skill trashed.

Probably wait for the self destruction mode to reach its peak, player outcry, low participation/retention before GGG brings back the fun again.

GGG, why do you hate minions so much?

Let's hope D4 or Torchlight Infinite will be good...because PoE starts to wreck all the fun people had left.
Last edited by flavyx on Aug 4, 2022, 1:13:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info