Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

The gane is hard enough as it is. Im not one of the elite players who can do the content in a week or so - I have a job. I like to get a full totem. Not even close this league - got to 99 and could do alot. 85 content is too hard for the average player. Finally gave up with the stupid essence challenge. Now more nerfs? I have to spend alot on defences to stay alive as it is.

Why make it harder? If you want build diveristy just nerf the main skill of the OP builds not the defence layering of all players.

Starting to get annoying
"
Murmuüre wrote:
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

UP for justice!

GGG Read this and answer it on your reveal... I think it is time to give us those answers.
Well i hope that spellslinger will be viable in some way and juggernaut changes looking intresting.
But it is mostly nerfs, we get preatty much nerfs in all the fronts but traps/mines always untouched, why is it good that those skill group remain always overpowered?
"
PsychoHype wrote:
"
Murmuüre wrote:
"

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? (and not the ones that have 20000 hours - because they will always play the meta, the players that were not playing the 6 meta builds)
11. What i wonder, is it possible to take one skill at random and make a build that is capable to do all content? If not, maybe you should work on that.
12. Why is it, that most of leagues, when someone shows on youtoube a build that looks amazing, can do all the content and it is tanky, most of us see it and say "that looks really cool, maybe I should try it next league" - the one who made it says that the build is about several mirrors, and the next league GGG destroys the build? (what is the thinking behind this? you have about 30 people getting the actual currency to be able to make the build - that takes a shit load of time, and usually the people who play 8 hours a day or more can get that -, and you have 20000 people that watched the video on youtoube, never had the chance to even try to gather the currency to put the build together, because not many of us can have that time/currency investment and GGG already destroys the build, and more than that, when they nerf that build, they nerf globally most of builds for the losers that struggle to get to level 95. Not only the ones that dreamed to play a build that looks awesome, have no chance because it is financially impossible, but now the builds that they were struggling to get some currency with will not work).
13. How do you imagine casuals that play lets say 1 hour a day, will ever get the currency to buy mirror tier items? (they make 1 - 2 ex per hour for 90 days, that is 180 ex. I really want to know what kind of build will you have with 180 ex that will be able to kill uber bosses? - how many builds cost that much? - so basically lets say that is 1 build, by the 90th day he will have a chance to kill uber bosses)
14. Lets take the new players, most of them try builds on their own, and they struggle with the acts. They see the youtoubers playing awesome builds into a league, and next league that build is destroyed. What idea do those new players get?
15. Lets assume that you give every player in the game at the start of the game, a mageblood and Ashes. How many builds will those players make with those 2 starting items capable to do uber bosses? 10? 20? (my bet is they will play 5 of the most op builds, because the rest are not capable to kill uber bosses and do all content)

On a personal note, you play a game to have fun. To have fun in this game, you need to know all the mechanics. To know all the mechanics you need at least 20k hours and to have played it since 11 years ago constantly 8 hours a day. If you start later, you have no idea how the meta builds are and what to build. I bet most of players at a start of a league google builds on redit and try to look for youtoube tutorials of what to play. There are 500 people maybe, that are capable to figure out and theory craft builds, but for the rest 1 million players or more, it is just monkey see, monkey do. You are basically making a game available for 500 to 1000 people, and 1 million idiots that copy what they do. And if you are not lucky enough to find the build that works in that league, the next league will not be an option because GGG already F....ed it. Is this what you want for your game?

UP for justice!

GGG Read this and answer it on your reveal... I think it is time to give us those answers.

+1

+1,messed up quoting but wanna get as many replies to this thread as possible
Last edited by PovelitelRakov on Aug 4, 2022, 1:45:29 PM
Sure am curious what are they gonna do with the feedback received from players on this post.
i think GGG is missing something here, its not like the only reason for some
Builds to have strong defensive layers because of Determination, Grace and Defiance Banner its also because of some Ascendancy too, that in my opinion are too strong compared to others.

Saboteur: Pyromaniac / Born in the Shadows
Champion: Unstoppable Hero / Fortitude / First to Strike, Last to Fall
Necromancer DD: Mistress of Sacrifice / Corpse Pact / Essence Glutton

Those Ascendancy were the only option for the majority of the Player in this League especially for HC Players. I think the Probleme is that other Ascendancy have minor to none defensive option and are less attractive.
when are we nerfing aurabots and partyplay
Most of the nerfs were expected on my part and I'm not really upset, but I think they need to give some bigger buffs or new things to experiment on new league and not just a league to farm.
I'm surprised aegis and nightblade didn't get touched.
It's still fairly easy to reach 86%+ max res with gloves implicit for max cold, body implicit for max res + purity of ice effect.
Defiance banner nerf makes sense, it gave so much armor and evasion for a 10% reservation aura. It made other banners seem uninteresting even for builds that could use them. What about a 4th type of banner for elemental damage or resistance?

Spell suppression nerf is w/e, it was supposed to be for evasion builds but everyone could get it on armor/es bases thanks to recombinators. It was to be expected that this would no longer be possible post sentinel.

The new gravicius mod is interesting but a bit sadge for hybrid builds. I think they should've lowered the value like for the increased global defense mod rather.

One thing I wonder, left side of the tree has max res and right side has suppression.
But what about top side (es) builds, what is their signature defense for spell/elemental damage? They mostly are auras builds which also look for max res, maybe its time to introduce a new type of defense for them and be less reliant on aura stacking?

For next league back to HC with corrupting fever glad. Looking forward to play it again, last time it was champion cos no forbidden jewels for fortify.
Last edited by demon7310 on Aug 4, 2022, 1:52:25 PM
Once again changes that will have no impact on the upper 1%, streamers or those who grind all day, but will kill the experience for Casuals like myself (i.e. employed adult with family obligations). Sad, really, as I do enjoy POE but the developers don't seem to want me to play their game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info