Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

i believe that if GGG had a time machine they would go back in time and delete this manifesto
more than 90% are strongly condemning the changes

GGG is only trying to destroy the game to create a vacuum for PoE 2

let's just play another game while they don't release it
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Aug 4, 2022, 9:38:32 AM
"
This has led to the combination of Defiance Banner, Determination and Grace feeling near mandatory for characters in hardcore leagues, and very attractive elsewhere.
Solution: Substantially reduce the armour and evasion granted by Defiance Banner.

If this three put together are a problem, would it not be smart to split the nerf among this three? Lets say -5% on each one of them, individually its not a big deal, but 3 small nerfs on top of each other and you have a decent nerf for the problem. You are kinda throwing Defiance Banner under the bus with this, you do realise that this three buff are three diffrent skills and can be used separately? They are not a cohesive force. Can you look at the Defiance Banner individually without the other two and say its balanced now? The 24% it provides then is equal to 2 small nodes on the tree (- the element ressist).

Sorry to say this, but you are bad at balancing your game.
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? ......

This is probably one of the most accurate posts in this thread.

Thats why you're gonna get your ass ignored.

This +1
I do realize players' power needs to be nerfed back to the ground so there's a big room for buffs in consequent PoE2 patches (and I believe that some dead skills remain dead for the same reason). Doesn't make me any less sad and non-enthusiastic as an SSF wageslave player though.
"
Rekill wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? ......

This +1

+1

I stopped playing POE because it is no fun anymore...
I just regret the recent support, because you don't deserve it.
--------------------------
Af hverju er ég til.

Stop eating animals now.
As a somewhat casual player I forsee many issues with playing 3.19 if no real updates come to the game. Melee got nerfed / destroyed which was my first pick when starting the game.
So I reverted to Minions, as a safe and nice playstyle (with golems being my favorite) due to me being not good a the game (nerve condition in my hands which won't allow me to push to many buttons to fast after each other).
Over time the game got harder, which was okay for me but the deffences needed to keep up with the game after this "memefesto" will be so difficult and this is purely looking at the gems. Having at least 3 (Defiance, grace and determination) defence auras made it possible for me to actually survive in red maps and some bosses (most bosses are impossible for me after 3.18).

Crafting the gear required to survive will be so hard to get now for minion builds and keeping them alive by trading in the space reserved for own defence on rings, shields, etc. will be a clusterfudge.

And come one, please give Melee some love and not the I-need-to-press-4-button-before-attacking-slam solution..

Hope GGG does the right thing and provide a suitable balance solution, and not the "does now 3 - 4 physical damage at lvl 20 (previous 1 - 2)" solution..

Thank you!
"
"

+1

I stopped playing POE because it is no fun anymore...
I just regret the recent support, because you don't deserve it.

+1
It's also tiresome to hear some streamers saying that the game state is fine , just because they can cruise through the content with what they call "budget" builds (of 200ex and more)
"
Rekill wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"

This +1

+1 after reading memefesto i just deleted game, no more fun for me left
"
Rekill wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"

This +1

Another +1 for this
sad all changes everything will be more difficult

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info