Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? ......

THIS IS GOLD ^^^^

why doesnt GGG listen to reasonable ideas? as a company man - never been so disheartened with a company.
If the defensive auras are too strong then nerf them. Don't nerf the aura reservation.

You're tearing down a rotten tree by burning the whole forest...
GGG dont cry if this league will be a complete disaster. You are not only killing builds, you are also killing peoples interest. Bad decisions killed alot of games and I dont see any good attempt to keep the player base.
if i made a game like this and kept nerfing builds and in turn causing so much frustration to the player community, i know i wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

last night while just sitting and watching chat, i saw several people state that they were new players and were asking for advice and help. they immediately got told by several players to find another game to play as this one is not new player friendly. i even tried to whisper a couple of them to try to help them but they were already offline. so, your existing player base is pushing new players away by telling them to play a different game because of broken mechanics, VERY small choice of playable builds to get you even to T16 maps. then, when a build will get you to endgame it gets nerfed which makes all your time, effort, and currency investment all worthless. honestly, that has to be one of the most unrewarding feelings that you could give to a person.

GGG, are you driving the game into the ground in an attempt to drive the value of the company down to a point where you will try to buy it back from Tencent because you know it was a mistake to sell it in the first place?

honestly i thing GGG needs to take a good long inward look
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
After these days I still cannot believe why most of the nerfs are to the average red tier map gamer and not the 0,1% top tier mirror builds.

You have made the game a lot harder with archnem mods, added extreamely hard aspirational content that less than 15 people in the whole league have managed to kill in ssfhc, and makes us in softcore trade continue to gear and aspire to kill for weeks and months, but now you nerf us in so so many ways to just suffer more to it and just not even think about gearing for aspire for that difficult new content.

You give us the same game in 3.19, but a lot worse than this league.

And that absolute complete nerf to gained charges on flasks on hit, a mod that you gave us after years of complaining about wrists issues with flasks, I just don't understand. If there was any "abuse" case that you wanted to limit, just limit it another way, don't harm us all.

The exact same thing appears in my mind for so many of these changes. Most have to have had so little thought put into it as they harm not only the thing you want to change, but several others you don't want to.

And the "problem" "solution" way of showing us in this manifesto, fell completely flat on its face now. Most of the solutions are not solutions to the problem you just said. And most problems seem completely made up.

And if you are going to give use all these bad news, but then try to sugar coat it a little saying that 100 uniques are going to be changed, just say it so in the manifesto day1. If the whole manifesto that you hyped up, is just bad news without anything to feel good about, what do you expect us to feel? Either say something about what else will change or don't hype this up at all.

The whole thing makes me lose faith in the people working on the game with these posts. Game designers, balance team and marketing as it should have been handled a lot better.
I agree with most of the general nerfs.
Even if maybe this league might be a lil bit less fun because of them its necessary in the long run to work against the power creep and keep the game interesting.

I am just a bit underwhelmed by the ascendancy changes. It doesnt feel to me like they will succeed in making more Ascendancy classes a good Option.

Exactly what I expected from GGG... shows how out of touch they're. Well that was the last league for me, way to many defensive nerfs when the game is already punishing enough. I hardly believe the slight buffs to other mechanics will compensate for the nerfs of everything else.
Wow.

I skipped last season because it was a rerun.

This one is a nerfed rerun......

Unbelievable.....
Problem: Some builds deal too much damage.

Solution: Remove damage from the game.
What I would really love is some kind of tool that will show last few seconds damage received before dying, so I could analyse what went wrong and try to fix it.
That would be super useful.

With the changes you present at the moment, it sound I will need it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info