Character Balance in Path of Exile: Lake of Kalandra

I just stopped caring.
I feel little excitement to bash my head against uber bosses I will never beat unless they are nerved. hard.
A good opportunity to enjoy something else.
all build in the game now feel really bad tnx ggg

Problem: minion build is still alive at some point with all nurf until now

Solution: destroy necromancer Ascendancy and most popular build like skeleton mage so they fell like other skill in the game

poe logic:

problem: someone lose one of his hand and now he cant do his own daily job

solution:cut other hand too so he cant think of doing anything at all
"
arpgaddict wrote:
I'm calling it now

despite them nerfing early game for us ( defense, less rmr, less damage ) they will be buffing multiple acts to be harder in patch notes.

They didn't nerf the early game though they actually buffed it... The buffs to SRS/Phantasm + adding minion affix items to the early game makes them better to play.
So i am feeling pretty bad .
Ghazzy is explaining it pretty well although he has some hopes with the new gear for minions i have not .
I just can't see me drop or craft for example a shield with some good resistances, life, armor, spell suppress and minion nodes.
Is it so hard to leave the good builds alone and make some good new once extra ?
For me i tried some none minion builds in the past its just not as much fun and i will have a very short season if i am forced into lets say spell slinger build.
I worry still hope it will turn out ok .
Greetings from the Netherlands .
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? ......

This is probably one of the most accurate posts in this thread.

Thats why you're gonna get your ass ignored.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Buff phys pls indeed pog
Nerfs but no real buffs expedition all over again
Problem :
- Some peoples experience fun in the game.
Solution :
- Remove the fun from the game.

We really do not need Fortification, Hexes and other complete nonsenses injected for in late 3.x.

We as well really dislike the way of the game it goes - limiting more and more the active gems compatibility with the support gems.

You've mentioned only about 10 skills which is "left behind".
That's not the truth. About 95% of the skills is left behind, and some even forgotten, because YOU made us hate them and hate ourselves for reaching out to try it, and then been beaten trough the hands in the next expansion.

For instance we will NEVER, EVER reach for decoy totem anymore.
Spending a whole slot for it is more than unreasonable, especially if we have to cast it manually. Nope. It's dead and burred skill.
Make CWDT cast it once again as before is the ONLY possible solution, even with decreased properties.
You need to buy more stash tabs, and play months to fill them with items which to be deleted by GGG.
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Aug 4, 2022, 9:06:43 AM
So let me get this right. Ggg nerfed stuff by 40% in 3.15. 3.18 nefred crystal and ashes drop rate to the ground and introduced arch mobs that was verry rippy. They nerfed arch mobs but They are still rippy. So now in 3.19 you nerf defences and mana reservation. So i can run less auras so even less defence. Sooo congratz ggg you buffed arch mobs.
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
Can I ask GGG few questions:

1. How many builds are capable to do hard core content and kill most of content?
2. How many builds will be able to kill all content in softcore?
3. How many people will be able to gear those builds referred in previous 2 questions?
4. How many builds that are not capable to do most of content are affected by the nerfes in this character balance manifesto?
5. Do you think is a good practice to dismantle some structural parts of all builds just to nerf those top tier builds (i think 6 meta builds) that were able to do all content?
6. Is it normal for a game with so many combination of skills and items to have only a few builds that are capable to do all content?(with god tier investment?)
7. Moreover, when talking about trading, 99% of the players have no idea what those meta builds are and what items are needed for all of them, and so the 1% who usually zoom through acts in 3 hours get most of the expensive items, and start to price fix the market. So, if you are a casual player wanting to try lets say a build with frenzy charges, by the time you get out of maps with a crappy build, and start getting some currency, the frenzy items are already 20 ex. and they grow in price every day. Is this what is wished from trade?
8. There will always 20 builds that mostly played. Why do you always nerf the top performers? Is this what balance means to GGG?
9. Why not work to make changes so more skills are able to do the uber bosses?
10. I am literally curious of how many players were capable to kill the uber bosses? ......

This is probably one of the most accurate posts in this thread.

Thats why you're gonna get your ass ignored.

So true

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info